What's new

India is losing the race: NY Times

@Wombat Tell me about it. One person can affect entire national policy. :hitwall:

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl: :rofl: love how you say " just 5 years behind " ...

do you work for the Indian media ?

15 yrs ago it was 5 yrs behind !! :)

What are you a false flag chinese or Pakistani or what??

Chinese GDP was 2 + Trillion during the period 2006 and 2007 that is where India is now and fast catching up with China in GDP growth rate.
Chinese economy cannot maintain huge GDP growth as it grows but India has the potential to grow.

Chinese and the cheerleaders of Chinese here chest thump with stats nothing else do not matter for them.

India will grow steadily in sane manner unlike china.

Well as far as economics is concerned, we should always compare our relative growth wrt China. This relative assessment tells us that we have to make many adjustments regarding our socioeconomic conditions to get boost in economic indicators.

Always compare with the best and try to reach them.

There are many thing sIndia is trying to emulate from China. Let me give few points.

1. India is investing heavily in Africa but is far behind China. So its good that we learned from them.

2. Indian govt. has made a new proposal to lure back Indian Scientists working in different countries back to India. China has been doing it successfully.

3. India is focusing more on technical education and trying to access new markets especially in ASEAN, Srilanka, Africa etc.

4. India has learned that Economy can be used as great diplomatic tool even for strategic benefits. We can see India emulating China in Afghanistan just like China did in Myanmar, Srilanka etc.

+India do have have Natural resources and man power yet to be explored.

Donot forget that out population is very young avg(28 years) compared to chinese (38 years). Indi has the advantage here :cheers:

China is ahead of us. Ok. But race??? Another attempt by the west to spread hatred between us.

Divide and rule, just like some hundred years ago.

If you talk about numbers then India is exactly 8 years behind China. China completed 2 trillon$ economy in 2004. India is close right now or maybe abover 2.2 trill. Lets wait for the official 2013 data.

But then if you talk about quality of life, infrastructure, high speed trains, manufacturing sector lol then I would say India is atleast 20 yrs behind. Accept it that Indian service led economy is a short term boom. It is ending.

If you talk about numbers then India is exactly 8 years behind China. China completed 2 trillon$ economy in 2004. India is close right now or maybe abover 2.2 trill. Lets wait for the official 2013 data.

But then if you talk about quality of life, infrastructure, high speed trains, manufacturing sector lol then I would say India is atleast 20 yrs behind. Accept it that Indian service led economy is a short term boom. It is ending.

It is not ending.. and no sector alone cannot propel an economy over a decade.. IT did it.. but the time is now ripe to take the leverage in other areas like manufacturing as well..

Steel industry is relatively under developed in India considering the it's size.. we can improve there. Similarly we have to move from IT to other service based industry now ! It's perfectly doable. All it needs is a thrust from govt. side !

New york times is a propoganda newspaper according to many Pakistanis and Chinese posters here.

@ India has definitely lost the race considering a shorter timeline of 2020.

NYT is indeed not a very balanced newspaper but the figures quoted by financial institutions are very much right and the purpose of this thread was to see if indians can pinpoint their shortcomings and ways to address them but unfortunately not even a single post has pinpointed the issues which are making india starve in energy and production and regional trade, the only things which makes india lag behind china...AS now i have pointed them I would like to see how you guys think these things can be taken care of.

There is only one race that has been won by India/Scatland. The race in weapons procurement from foreign countries. While China relies only on indigeneous home grown weapons even if it is through copying, mainly due to the embargo imposed by the Western racists, India relies on importation from the West and Israel. Even the so called Argun and Tegas consist exclusively of components imported from the US, EU and Israel like engines etc. Oh, I just forget. India has also won the race to be number one in corruption, money laundering, backshish, crumbling infrastructure, dirtiness, dwellers, wastes etc.

We are facing problems,but still relatively stable and things aren't out of hands,but will get if the babus don't wake up and do something for the country.

china is way ahead of india.we were never in the race with china.......
i really like china and chinese people for there hardwork and determination.

now atleast there is someone in asia which is giving sleep less night to them westerners :china:

If some one asks me to love 3 selected countries in a order then serial will be UK<Pakistan<China.
For China & Pakistan I can say for sure there is love or at least soft corner but west(Especially UK) is not worth even for hate. Period.
China for their food(I'm mad for it), infrastructure, large & diverse geography & culture,
Pakistan(absolutely some sort of brotherhood) due to same language,people & 1950 to 65 era.
UK not worth of discussion. Some countries are exception in Europe.

By steven rattner :As recently as 2006, when I first visited India and China, the economic race was on, with heavy bets being placed on which one would win the developing world sweepstakes.
India Is Losing the Race - NYTimes.com

I think it's a decent compliment India compared to China. Second largest economy vs 8th or something largest economy. Nothing against the hard working Chinese. have to give it to them. Fairplay.

On the other hand , do u mind asking me a question?
Who ar yous compared to?
When was the last time any international media posted a good news about Pak apart from the regular ..... U know what I mean.

Try harder to create a wedge between Indian and the Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom