What's new

India, Iran discuss underwater gas line bypassing Pak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being a Diplomat BHASKAR BALAKRISHNAN has decided that the Deep Sea Pipeline is not feasible and opts for LNG. Of course India must have a Fleet of LNG Ships and Receiving Terminals to fetch it from Australia, West Africa, North Africa and South America, however for Natural Gas from the Persian Gulf the Deep Sea Pipe Line is the best and safest bet.

Meantime please read the following Article on Dr. Bhasker Dasgupta’s Blog which explains why India should be extremely apprehensive of a Land Pipe Line through Pakistan :

The Pipelines Perplexity : Jan 16, 2004

who told you that we need a submarine to destroy a little pipline, we can sen a few of our sea divers to put a little explosive and triggering, although it would be a suiside attack due to the depth... I will love to do a suicide attack like this :smitten::victory::chilli:

Kid that wuld not be an attack...but only a suicide...cos no swimsuit has been developed to withstand the ocean pressure above 500 mts. :lol:

Kid that wuld not be an attack...but only a suicide...cos no swimsuit has been developed to withstand the ocean pressure above 500 mts. :lol:

Tell me one thing how you would lay pipeline , builds joints and do repairing, would it will be done outside ocean and after that you would sink it????? :what:

who told you that we need a submarine to destroy a little pipline, we can sen a few of our sea divers to put a little explosive and triggering, although it would be a suiside attack due to the depth... I will love to do a suicide attack like this :smitten::victory::chilli:

Because of people like your mindset today pak is ravaged by terrorism:wave:

what is aukaat of iran if its not leader of shia's occuping strategic Shia belt?
well nothing

BTW do you have batter relations with Iran or Israel?
what will be Israeli and US reaction?

I have worked on Iranian Military and Iranian atomic program. you can read a bit of my work on

Israeli Strategic Culture and Iran's Nuclear Threat - OhmyNews International

Iranian Strategic Culture and Nuclear Ambitions, Part 1 - OhmyNews International

Sir, thanks for the links and sharing with me snippets of your discourse. Much appreciated.

In terms of Iran's influence, to be pragmatic, it is today only second to Saudi Arabia in the Islamic world. Right from Iraq, in to Syria, Lebanon, Palestine and even in to positive leanings with Turkey in the recent times, Iran's influence is only increasing. Now that does not mean that I agree with the method that Iran is resorting to increase its influence, but factually it is there.

In terms of Israel or Iran being closer to India, from what I have seen of the foreign policy of India, it is not limited by the association with any country, it is in fact governed by careful disassociation with any adverse actions by a country towards other friendly nations. So while India can continue to trade with both Iran and Israel at the same time, I am sure that what will concern India will be to not become instrument of achievement of any malicious goals by Iran against Israel or Israel against Iran.

Last edited by a moderator:

hey, he really wants to do it man! don't dissuade him! :lol:

May be a suicide Shark could help??

shark.jpg

wow , you are a genius:D:partay::lol:

Most submarines around the world get crushed at the depth of 300-400metres
And you are suggesting to send divers at such depth
so a diver's skin is stronger than a submarine's Hull . what are u feeding your people, is it titanium
secondly there are remote controled vehicles capable of operating at depth of 2000 metre , however they are unarmed and only US and Western europe has this tech:thinktank::wave:

Yes you are right...This is the curse of having bad relations....Both Pak and India are going to loose...However if you look closely Pak is loosing more than India here....
India

- No doubt India will have to spend more money however end of the day they would feel secure and uninterrupted oil supply is going to be welcomed
- However her economy can sustain the extra price...So if you consider security of OIL supply vs extra price it is not a bad deal...

Pak This is a loose loose situation for Pak if India back out

- Cost of putting pipelines for the flow of uninterrupted flow of oil to various parts of Pak would have lowered considerably had India joined the project...
- They will loose valuable $$$ they could have earned as transit fees
- This would have kept India on its toes viz-a-viz water sensitivity in Pakistan....

So in essence the animosity of two neighbours has yet again taken a toll on economics and both are loosing money which could have been avoided otherwise....

Bro in that case India will use our sea area and same Transit fees required for that because without it Pakistan never allow to use its area and if some how pipeline damage it will be huge cost India have to pay for marine environmental

Bro in that case India will use our sea area and same Transit fees required for that because without it Pakistan never allow to use its area

Pakistan's sea area or Territorial water extend to 12 NM or 22.2 Km from Pakistan's Base line(coast line), a pipeline can be easily built outside this boundary...hence no transit fee for Pakistan.

and if some how pipeline damage it will be huge cost India have to pay for marine environmental

It is Natural gas, not Crude oil, it is lighter than water and hence will bubble out of it.

Under-sea pipeline has some benefits over land pipeline through Pakistan.

Adv:
1) Secure
2) No transit fee

Disadv:
1) Higher cost
2) Technological challenge

hey dude..... you can try a 'suicide attack' on such a pipeline ie ~2000 mts below water but you have to remove the 'attack' from that, so remains what is called 'suicide'. I can't say anything better for the person who want to dive 2000 mts with some explosives to destroy a pipeline!!! :no:

Nahin to Pakistan mien se lejate hoe kia TAQLEEF hoti hai?:angry:

BTW, who came up with the brilliant Idea of Pipeline from Sea? Politicians or Engineers.

And, if you don't want it from Pakistan then be it. We can always use it for Target Practice. :devil:

I think this is more secure way rather than join Pakistan with same project ... because by this Pakistan cant blackmail us in any case

lol dumbest thing i have heard, if Pakistan wants to blackmail it can do that anyway, after all underwater pipeline will pass via our waters, if India takes a longer route it will cost them hell lot of money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom