What's new

India hands over 88 A/C buses to Bangladesh

In winter I won't mind a bit.Even in the Summer,with the personal overhead and common ceiling fans running,and windows slightly opened,it is very comfortable in these chair coaches.Not to mention,there is chair coach version on RM-2 and Volvo Chassis which almost replaced the entire old fleet.

And don't forget Hanif Express used to operate these type of coaches as city service in Dhaka.
Which reminds me,Some of our friends here was talking about as how "POOR" we are and so we shouldn't be able to travel in luxury and just bragging.And we should only post or look at some very old '90 's era picture to prove that.:pop:
If you already have super luxury yatch type buses why would accept low quality Indian buses I dont understand. And if you people are super rich why would you accept 2 billion dollars credit line?

View attachment 222533 View attachment 222534 View attachment 222535

Do you think its a secret that you guys have scania,benz even volvo in the country i would say this the reason you can afford buses at low cost otherwise it would have been fun to see you people travelling :D Its just some of our private companies who imported directly from buyers and started the old era!
Except the engine nothing is western mind it ;) You make the interior ans exterior within your demand and thus you can afford those buses but we get to drectly import as factory made so adding few more safety or performance feature the price goes high and causes difficulty to bring in more in numbers at a time! Scania was brought from Malaysia in the year 2004! That time 30 units were imported....Seats had indivisual tv,massage system,food trey and auto seat adjust system
All those buses got huge response from the citizens and thus recent scenario is so much developed! In earlydays i mean 1990-2005, Mercedes benz double decker,volvo double decker,Man scania,volvo,hino(Imported rm2 ac from malaysia)were imported whereas in India there was only volvo b7r and some other brands
You are bragging about safety features from long time, would you care about mentioning few here. Now dont mention working headlights

Marcopolo makes far better buses than any Bangladeshi coach maker

Is that some sort of joke?Tata acquired Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Company in 2002.Tata prima was introduced only in 2008.

wouldn't ever happen.

It is based on a Scania Metrolink HD 14.5.Only the interior is modified

DSCN6692.JPG

Again,they aren't.Those are modified Volvo 9400px

Ashok Leyland luxura is available as a chassis as well as fully built body

looks ugly

LHB coaches and WDM 3A locos are far more than what Bangladeshis deserve.While much of your track is still metre gauge.
Marcopolo is an indian company?
The design is mix of 2 countries! Only the interior is modified?
What sort of modification?
Modified to increase the comfort or decrease the comfort to get at lower price

Yeah those are dc modified buses but unfortunatly not for all classes of people rather not in service that often or non profitable

Show me a creation of your local body builder which is not a copy on tata luxuria chessis

Hahaha..... looks ugly :D
Show me some of your local made creation's

Marcopolo is an indian company?

Its Brazilian.They've a JV with Tata for fully built buses.

Show me some of your local made creation's

Google Azad,Sutlej,Irziar TVS coach builders etc.These guys make (or used to make) bus bodies for OEMs

Modified to increase the comfort or decrease the comfort to get at lower price

What does it look like to you ? You know how a standard 9400XL / 9400 PX look like,right ?

The design is mix of 2 countries! Only the interior is modified?
What sort of modification?

Making a luxury liner out of an ordinary AC rear engine intercity coach.

Show me a creation of your local body builder which is not a copy on tata luxuria chessis

What do you mean by copy of ? These aren't copies of any designs.

There is no 'Tata Luxuria'

If you already have super luxury yatch type buses why would accept low quality Indian buses I dont understand. And if you people are super rich why would you accept 2 billion dollars credit line?
As if your govnt ask you before bringing any changes in the country...she imported it with what intentions i don't know but it was never a good step cause when the private companies are using benz scania hyundai man daewoo volvo hino isuzu then why would you come on roads with thise cheap toys....Super luxuries are running here long before India had planed to get(except volvo)
Hahaha...are you in sense?
If you the company is building fully built coaches then why the hell would you take the trouble to built the body separatly
Its not what you prefer rather its your only option to match the standard

Its Brazilian.They've a JV with Tata for fully built buses.

Google Azad,Sutlej,Irziar TVS coach builders etc.These guys make (or used to make) bus bodies for OEMs

What does it look like to you ? You know how a standard 9400XL / 9400 PX look like,right ?

Making a luxury liner out of an ordinary AC rear engine intercity coach.

What do you mean by copy of ? These aren't copies of any designs.

There is no 'Tata Luxuria'
Azad started to make volvo buses in early 2000's,Sutlej makes benz body as far as i know then tvs probably building some al coaches.....

Standard to a 9400?
Look if you compare your's with the one which runs in eurpoean countries then you must be kidding me
Ok lets not go down to the mechanicals rather stick with those interior materials which we actually see
The seats which you use are very hard generally and the leg space is very less which If you go back and look at the seats used earlier then things look alot similar to the one use today

"Making a luxury liner out of an ordinary AC rear engine intercity coach."? Luxury liner? :D

I mean to say that show me some creations of your local builders which is not well established as tata or al cause these companies took birth long long time back so little development since the starting can be expect and the expectation goes higher then companies like scania volvo already working in the country so no doubt but we got nothing like that here but still we are making well designed bodies

Super luxuries are running here long before India had planed to get(except volvo)

lol Who said ? We had Kirloskar Neoplan coaches as far back as the 1980s

Hahaha...are you in sense?
If you the company is building fully built coaches then why the hell would you take the trouble to built the body separatly

Do you even know what you are talking about ?Your government paid for a 180 bhp Ashok Leyland chassis with an Irziar TVS body -you got what you paid for.

Ashok Leyland have three plants for bus body building - At Chennai,Alwar & Ras Al Khaimah

Azad started to make volvo buses in early 2000's,Sutlej makes benz body as far as i know then tvs probably building some al coaches.....

They also make bodies for FE buses as well as rear engine low entry buses & intercity buses.Sutlej,in particular built bus bodies on their own chassis by sourcing mechanical components from world market

"Making a luxury liner out of an ordinary AC rear engine intercity coach."? Luxury liner?

SVLL_CO4(2).jpg

Standard to a 9400?
Look if you compare your's with the one which runs in eurpoean countries then you must be kidding me
The seats which you use are very hard generally and the leg space is very less which If you go back and look at the seats used earlier then things look alot similar to the one use today

They have the same carrying capacity as their eurospec cousins.There are several vendors for seats,and many offer adequate comfort.

I'm really getting bored with this.

Every one of those new truck designs from Tata (that you pasted images of) was in the Loser Daewoo Truck line-up before Tata bought loser bankrupt Daewoo.

It's not like Tata designed these trucks or anything. Tata bought Daewoo so they could improve their truck lineup. The old Mercedes based designs were getting too long in the tooth.

So what's changed - other than slapping the Tata badge on it? Nothing. Same loser truck product that made Daewoo go bankrupt in the first place.

Might impress the Indian truck buyer used to shoddy products. Not in our corner of the world.

Same with Tata Marcopolo bus and Starbus lineup. Someday it will have bang-for-the-rupee I guess....

And have you no shame??

Comparing a vedic superpower of a country with ours? We have roughly half the GDP of India (though admittedly more toilets per capita).

Sharm ki baat....
Could you please provide a link saying your gdp is 1 trillion dollars before pooping about toilets?

Duh... working hard to understand what you are typing, anyways, have you ever heard the term economies of scale which would lower the cost of chassis when produced in same config. and large numbers? Also bus operators demand custmization according to their needs. Tata and leyland and whatever companies producing fully built buses are majorily used by municipal corp as city buses, most buses ply on long routes are custom made. But I know you would now bring all your rants about low quality, look if you have money you can buy international brands but here you get what you pay for (in your case what you get for soft loans and line of credit). So stop your rants about low quality as your country is not better than mine in terms of money. Thanks

The seats which you use are very hard generally

Define 'hard'. And btw, hardness or softness don't define the comfort level of a seat, it's ergonomics do. That's why making a good seat is much more than adding lots of cheap foam on it. :)

However, making ergonomic seats requires in-depth understanding of that science, it seems that Bangladeshis are compensating the lack of it with lots of foam! :P

Define 'hard'. And btw, hardness or softness don't define the comfort level of a seat, it's ergonomics do. That's why making a good seat is much more than adding lots of cheap foam on it. :)

However, making ergonomic seats requires in-depth understanding of that science, it seems that Bangladeshis are compensating the lack of it with lots of foam! :P
Maybe @Shimz had travelled in sarkari dabba bus of our country and comparing it with super coaches of his own country, alas our sarkari bus lost by just small margin because they use less foam... Hehe

Our seats are made by these guys,Harita Seating Systems Limited.

Customers

Harita is a system supplier, with capabilities from concept to series production. Harita's capability of product development with computer aided design, prototyping and in-house testing enables it to be a one-stop-shop for the customer’s requirements.

Harita has Research and development facilities of :

• Design and development : Concept design and styling, virtual design and engineering CAE/FEA, simulation, trim, textile development, physical testing and validation, tool development with series production
  • Prototyping and testing : Sheet metal press machine, road condition data acquisition equipment, servo hydraulic rig (single post), hysteresis machine, universal test rig, H point 3D manikin, vibration test system, pressure mapping, 3D measuring machine, lateral stability test, slider endurance test, ingress-egress test.

They source their foam from Harita Fehrer Limited which is a JV between Harita Seating Systems Limited,& F.S Fehrer Automotive GmbH

Now lets talk about quality of seats & foam...:lol:

Maybe @Shimz had travelled in sarkari dabba bus of our country and comparing it with super coaches of his own country, alas our sarkari bus lost by just small margin because they use less foam... Hehe

Even our sarkari buses under JNNURM scheme are no more dabba buses, now they are AC/non-AC Volvos, Tata Marcopolos and Ashok Leyland Janbus! :)

Our seats are made by these guys,Harita Seating Systems Limited.

Customers

They source their foam from Harita Fehrer Limited which is a JV between Harita Seating Systems Limited,& F.S Fehrer Automotive GmbH

Now lets talk about quality of seats & foam...:lol:

That's a BOUNCER!!! :omghaha:

lol Who said ? We had Kirloskar Neoplan coaches as far back as the 1980s

Do you even know what you are talking about ?Your government paid for a 180 bhp Ashok Leyland chassis with an Irziar TVS body -you got what you paid for.

Ashok Leyland have three plants for bus body building - At Chennai,Alwar & Ras Al Khaimah
I mean't to say brands like mercedes and scania entered earlier then India and people are always used to this coaches and not more like an wow factory for anyone to ride on any of this coaches which you have when you ride first time
Please provide me pictures of the coach you mentioned ;) Let me see..........

Yeah!Paying that amount was mistake.Most of them are resting somewhere now and don't question the maintainence with that much pressure cause the chinese buses are also getting same care and also some hino coaches and despite of being older than those Al coaches all of them are running pretty good

They also make bodies for FE buses as well as rear engine low entry buses & intercity buses.Sutlej,in particular built bus bodies on their own chassis by sourcing mechanical components from world market

SVLL_CO4(2).jpg

They have the same carrying capacity as their eurospec cousins.There are several vendors for seats,and many offer adequate comfort.
"Own chassis" and "foreign components" Lol sounds like not giving much liberty to claim own thing :P

:D Don't make me laugh and please some with the majority
I am talking about some sort of luxury which can be afford by 50% of our countrymen so please some up with some real bad things which you have to show :P
I have come thru some of your seats and interior and trust me all let down my expectation

Could you please provide a link saying your gdp is 1 trillion dollars before pooping about toilets?

Duh... working hard to understand what you are typing, anyways, have you ever heard the term economies of scale which would lower the cost of chassis when produced in same config. and large numbers? Also bus operators demand custmization according to their needs. Tata and leyland and whatever companies producing fully built buses are majorily used by municipal corp as city buses, most buses ply on long routes are custom made. But I know you would now bring all your rants about low quality, look if you have money you can buy international brands but here you get what you pay for (in your case what you get for soft loans and line of credit). So stop your rants about low quality as your country is not better than mine in terms of money. Thanks

Customize to pay less and to remove additional attraction of the vehical :P
Why only sticking to low entry buses rather go and take away the buisness from scania and volvo
Huge time of experience and still to look upon the future to see something extraordinary coming and taking the lead

Hahaha old man i like you :D
Comfortable seat consists of good foams too and no one makes seat without any knowledge
I think you are in lack of it cause you would have utilized seeing the seats
I don't know much about the raw materials thus i am forced to stay quite in this
Most of the seats come from Thailand(Both non and ac) which are built in the country

Ok then consider Mercedes benz and Volvo b9r as sarkari dabba's :P
Little foam? :P or with no foam
Scania Hyundai Man Volvo Mercedes Benz etc we have and most of them came in CBU form from overseas so nothing more i wll have to say about the quality of the buses
We also have here 2 sutlej bodied Mercedes benz and probably came in 2006-2008

Even our sarkari buses under JNNURM scheme are no more dabba buses, now they are AC/non-AC Volvos, Tata Marcopolos and Ashok Leyland Janbus! :)

That's a BOUNCER!!! :omghaha:
Its normal to see as these companies are producing buses inside the country and which is totally killing the tax and takiing down the price but whereas in our country after adding tax our chinese city buses cost close to your volvo ac and also similar to non ac low entry city buses
Otherwise you would have seen BMW as taxi cause the price of our recent taxi's are around 20 lacs and a normal bmw cost here 40 lacs so if you take down the tax from somewhere around 200-300% then bmw can be easily used

Back
Top Bottom