What's new

India, France ink metro rail pact

Dude, You are talking about North East???

I live in Central Indian State of Madhya Pradesh, which hardly gets any preference when it comes to High-Value projects such as Industrial corridor, HSR, SEZ, Freight corridor, etc.

Even the no. of trains crossing through important cities here are very less.

LOOK at that MAP again, u'll find that apart from NE, the entire CENTRAL INDIA has been skipped.

Why??

B'coz we send only 29 MPs for the Parliament of the total 543, add to it, our bad luck is that when we send more Congress MPs, the Govt. at the center is that of BJP & when we send more BJP MPs, the Govt. at the center is that of Congress, that means we hardly have representation in the Cabinet of GOI.

We have started accepting that, India is a DEMOCRACY & obviously a Govt. can't satisfy each & every one in the pop. of 1.2 billion. Anyways, to be really practical here, NE, though very Important for India, represents only 2% of the Indian population, the Govt. has to think about 98% people also. Besides, opening a HSR for smaller number of people that too through difficult terrains of mountains, etc. hardly makes any Commercial Sense, right??

Having said that, i am not ruling out the possibility of such projects being carried out eventually in the NE (& also my state :)) in the near future, we just have to be a little PATIENT. As they say Rome was not Built in a Day.

Nice logical post @arp2041 !!

Dude, You are talking about North East???

I live in Central Indian State of Madhya Pradesh, which hardly gets any preference when it comes to High-Value projects such as Industrial corridor, HSR, SEZ, Freight corridor, etc.

Even the no. of trains crossing through important cities here are very less.

LOOK at that MAP again, u'll find that apart from NE, the entire CENTRAL INDIA has been skipped.

Why??

B'coz we send only 29 MPs for the Parliament of the total 543, add to it, our bad luck is that when we send more Congress MPs, the Govt. at the center is that of BJP & when we send more BJP MPs, the Govt. at the center is that of Congress, that means we hardly have representation in the Cabinet of GOI.

We have started accepting that, India is a DEMOCRACY & obviously a Govt. can't satisfy each & every one in the pop. of 1.2 billion. Anyways, to be really practical here, NE, though very Important for India, represents only 2% of the Indian population, the Govt. has to think about 98% people also. Besides, opening a HSR for smaller number of people that too through difficult terrains of mountains, etc. hardly makes any Commercial Sense, right??

Having said that, i am not ruling out the possibility of such projects being carried out eventually in the NE (& also my state :)) in the near future, we just have to be a little PATIENT. As they say Rome was not Built in a Day.

Nice logical post @arp2041 !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought BEML was supplying locomotives for Namma Metro project, even the locomotives which runs on a sections of purple line are from BEML then why this sudden involvement of french why cant beml can be promoted further?

@Jayanta, my Post was not for getting the Facts right (which everyone knows anyway) but to get the point right, still i like to make some corrections in your post:

I completely agree with you...the total number of representatives from the whole of NE is just 42...with 14 from Assam and rest from the other 6 states...which is substantially low and hence it doesn't find any importance as compared to states that have 40+ representatives...they can form and break governments.

Assam = 14, AP = 2, Manipur = 2, Meghalaya = 2, Tripura = 2, Sikkim = 1, Nagaland = 1, Mizoram = 1

TOTAL = 25 MPs in Lower House of the Parliament.

And just want to correct your statistics...NE doesn't comprise 2% of India's population rather it is 3.8% that too according to 2001 census so by now it should be at least 5%.

No, it's roughly only 3%, as total population of NE is around 3.8 crores out of total population of 124 crore of India.

I have traveled around MP...from Bhopal to Jabalpur and Panchmarhi....yes I admit those areas are underdeveloped...but again as I mentioned before an even development around the nation should be the focus. I think this uneven development has been root cause of insurgency...because people aren't happy and feel neglected. Rome was not build in a day...but its been 60+ years of Independence....and it seems the NE is almost 20 years behind the ROI. I do not say its the fault of the center...but a huge failure of the state governments too.

But you will be shocked/surprised to know that there representation in LS is more than there population, i.e. 25/543 = 4.6% :) This is The Incredible Thing about India.

Anyways, there are many reasons as to why NE is not as developed as ROI, most important of them is the terrain/mountainous region all over NE + just 14 mile wide connection with ROI through the Siliguri (Chicken's neck) corridor. This is the troubling Issue & GOI can't do anything about it. But even than NE is progressing, agreed, not at the rate of ROI, but still pretty well.

Ofcourse, work remains to be done, 65 years is not much time to build every part of such a large nation like India, US became a superpower only after 150+ years of Independence, India still needs TIME to be called a Developed nation.

The other thing that hurts me most...the way NE people are treated..I do not want to go off topic. But...I hope Government will focus on bringing normalcy in disturbed areas and the only way is development. Again sorry for going astray...

Ofcourse, this is the thing which worries everyone, but in which country there aren't differences?? Surely, This needs to be changed, Thanks to Mary Kom's medal in Olympics, People are now willing to know more about NE & it's people, she is now not just a HERO of Manipur or NE anymore but of entire India. So, again, it will take time, but you'll see a genuine CHANGE :)

@Jayanta, my Post was not for getting the Facts right (which everyone knows anyway) but to get the point right, still i like to make some corrections in your post:

Assam = 14, AP = 2, Manipur = 2, Meghalaya = 2, Tripura = 2, Sikkim = 1, Nagaland = 1, Mizoram = 1

TOTAL = 25 MPs in Lower House of the Parliament.

No, it's roughly only 3%, as total population of NE is around 3.8 crores out of total population of 124 crore of India.

But you will be shocked/surprised to know that there representation in LS is more than there population, i.e. 25/543 = 4.6% :) This is The Incredible Thing about India.

Anyways, there are many reasons as to why NE is not as developed as ROI, most important of them is the terrain/mountainous region all over NE + just 14 mile wide connection with ROI through the Siliguri (Chicken's neck) corridor. This is the troubling Issue & GOI can't do anything about it. But even than NE is progressing, agreed, not at the rate of ROI, but still pretty well.

Ofcourse, work remains to be done, 65 years is not much time to build every part of such a large nation like India, US became a superpower only after 150+ years of Independence, India still needs TIME to be called a Developed nation.

Ofcourse, this is the thing which worries everyone, but in which country there aren't differences?? Surely, This needs to be changed, Thanks to Mary Kom's medal in Olympics, People are now willing to know more about NE & it's people, she is now not just a HERO of Manipur or NE anymore but of entire India. So, again, it will take time, but you'll see a genuine CHANGE :)

Lok Sabha + Rajya Sabha=39 seats

Census of India 2011:

Arunachal Pradesh = 13,82,611
Assam = 3,11,69,272
Manipur = 27,21,756
Meghalaya = 29,64,007
Mizoram = 10,91,014
Nagaland = 19,80,602
Sikkim = 6,07,688
Tripura = 36,71,032

Now: 45587982/1,21,01,93,422 * 100 = 3.76699 rounded to 3.8% ..... if I am not wrong.

Agree with you with most of your views....but your argument about mountainous terrain is a bit wrong. Assam is almost plain...and compared to mountains in Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, J&K...most NE terrain is pretty flat.... Arunachal Pradesh being an exception. Lastly if there is a will there is always a way....now Assam faces two challenges...illegal immigrants and dams over Brahmaputra in China...the lifeline.

Whats wrong with Dhruv?

Dhruv can't provide

Prostitute and

Money...

1332440971Hj3tCM.jpg

Our politicians are corrupt and pimp...

Is the Bangalore metro rail project is funded by union govt?. Can somebody answer me please.

Good development guys :cheers: we are one step behind we recently got Metro BRTS in Lahore and this will be extended to other cities. Metro Rail can be good for Karachi.

I thank you for your valuable contribution

They are just funding part of the project. India now has the expertise and technology to build and operate metro systems on its own.

No you don't。

Pls name an Indian company that makes the shield machines for tunneling?:azn:

No you don't。

Pls name an Indian company that makes the shield machines for tunneling?:azn:

You are right that no Indian companies manufacture TBM(tunnel boring machine). but Elevated metro stations can be made. I agree that 100% indigenous is not possible for now.

Building a metro system doesn't mean you need to build every single tool by yourself. The expertise which we have are valuble and thats why we are Consulting Indonesia for Jakarta metro project.

Alstom coaches and rails are already here in Chennai :D
Expected to start trial runs from Sep this year.

I thought the bombardier(delhi metro) bogies are good.. Personally i find Delhi Metro head and shoulders above Bangalore metro.

we mumbaikar's are going to suffer...greedy Ambani Jr has imported the cars from China...I hate both of them...Wud prefer to travel in my Swift..

Back
Top Bottom