What's new

India finalizing US $ 10 billion mega stealth frigates’ project

can drdo build the aesa radar for the ships on its own?? i think we shouldnt import it and use as much indegeneous stuff as possible.

Nobody uses Aegis on Frigates. Yeah I know some navies do but they don't have dedicated destroyers and instead use frigates for the role o destroyers. Not to mention that all of those frigates are actually destroyer sized and named as frigates due to some political reason IIRC. We have dedicated DDGs and any Aegis/Aegis type combat system would be used on them only.
As fas as radar is considered these babies would be lucky if they get the MF-STAR 2248, most probably they won't. By the way the MF-STAR and it's combat system are very much comparable to SPY 1 & Aegis, what it lacks is long ranged S to A missiles.

Why pessimistic on this point? AFAIK this is a given- P-17A will have an integrated mast revolved around the MF-STAR 2248.

Why pessimistic on this point? AFAIK this is a given- P-17A will have an integrated mast revolved around the MF-STAR 2248.

Due you have a source bro? If they do then they would truly be awesome. I'm disappointing with the P-17s using Fregat M2EMs when we had plenty of AESA alternatives.

Back
Top Bottom