What's new

India eyes Israel's Iron Dome to counter Pak, puppets

The calculations and the trajectory of the incoming projectiles will be done by the computer, launch any numbers you want, interception will only be limited by the availability of Iron Dome warheads.

Of course , there aren't people sitting with a register and calculator , this is true for every SAM system ... Launch any numbers we want ? Those shells and rockets are likely to be in thousands in a matter of minutes quickly overwhelming the system ... What are you planning to save at what cost and how much time do you have ? Each $ 50k battery can carry 20 Interceptor missile which costs $ 90 a pop ... Do the math and tell me if its economically feasible or even possible ...

Of course , there aren't people sitting with a register and calculator , this is true for every SAM system ... Launch any numbers we want ? Those shells and rockets are likely to be in thousands in a matter of minutes quickly overwhelming the system ... What are you planning to save at what cost and how much time do you have ? Each $ 50k battery can carry 20 Interceptor missile which costs $ 90 a pop ... Do the math and tell me if its economically feasible or even possible ...

One noobie noobie noob question, if all rockets were heading for protected areas, and Iron dome failed. Then exactly how many Israelis were killed in this recent war?

No, assumption is wrong. Katyusha and Fajr-5 like other rockets lacks guidance system to be effectively heading for the protected areas. It's a matter of percentage.

One noobie noobie noob question, if all rockets were heading for protected areas, and Iron dome failed. Then exactly how many Israelis were killed in this recent war?

5 civvies and 1 soldier.

1500 were fired.
58 landed in protected areas
421 were intercepted
the rest fell on vacant land, some even inside Gaza.

Did I say that Iron Dome failed in Israel ? A lot of them were killed and these rockets aren't what you are supposing them to be ...

Pakistan will be worried about saving it's assets from Indian bombardments, it will do a shoot and scoot in almost all cases, so there will not be repetitive firings on a given asset. So ID will need to safeguard against the initial attacks.

Possibly Pakistan doesn't have its own air force right ? Why would we be on the defensive when the places where these battles are most likely to take place are desert areas ? Why would we be doing " shoot and scoot " in all cases ?

You're repeating the same thing again and again, your thick head doesn't simply let facts in.

How many MBRLs can you deploy in a single battle theater? Obviously not more than 20, 30 at max. Given each MBRL has 12 rockets, you'll fire approx 300 rockets at one go, and after that it takes around 1 hr to reload the MBRL. Where's the equation of thousands you're talking about?

And a typical rocket has a CEP of hundreds of meters, and 60-70% efficiency in hitting the target. that makes about 200 rockets for iron dome to intercept in an hour.

thousands :rofl:

Did I say that Iron Dome failed in Israel ? A lot of them were killed and these rockets aren't what you are supposing them to be ...

Actually Fajr-5 is better than 70% of Pakistani rockets, both in range and accuracy. Given that it's actually made by Iranians.

How does DRDO plan to bring down the interceptor cost by the way ? Care to weigh in ? :azn:

Israel uses Iron Dome to counter primitive Fajr and Qassam rockets which are home made , even then it cost $ 50 000 for a single interceptor missile that too with limited successful intercept probability around 70% , Tel Aviv chooses to fire it because those rockets aren't fired in large numbers thus they dont overwhelm the system in a matter of minutes nor they are fired every other minute thus giving them a greater response time ... Both of which wont be true in the border artillery duels when thousands of artillery shells will be fired in a few minutes ...
i don't know exactly,as i'm not a drdo scientist (though i aspire 2 be 1) :azn:

you don't seem to understand what i'm saying... if the system is able to intercept a few rockets and shells that can cause great damage for us,then its absolutely fine.In order to save strategic assets,why will we deploy this system??? and i'm talking about the modified system which can be made by drdo collaborating with israel( as this article mentions) and not iron dome system exactly,which israel fields now,because if it were any help for us right now,wouldn't we have already bought the system..notwithstanding its cost??

Possibly Pakistan doesn't have its own air force right ? Why would we be on the defensive when the places where these battles are most likely to take place are desert areas ? Why would we be doing " shoot and scoot " in all cases ?

Because it will most likely be targeted if it does not...

You're repeating the same thing again and again, your thick head doesn't simply let facts in.

How many MBRLs can you deploy in a single battle theater? Obviously not more than 20, 30 at max. Given each MBRL has 12 rockets, you'll fire approx 300 rockets at one go, and after that it takes around 1 hr to reload the MBRL. Where's the equation of thousands you're talking about?

And a typical rocket has a CEP of hundreds of meters, and 60-70% efficiency in hitting the target. that makes about 200 rockets for iron dome to intercept in an hour.

Actually Fajr-5 is better than 70% of Pakistani rockets, both in range and accuracy. Given that it's actually made by Iranians.

Possibly , you do not understand what does 90k$/ Interceptor actually means :azn: Maybe you cant get it through your skull that the system has serious shortcomings regarding response time and will have difficulty dealing with barrages of shells ...

Where is the battle most likely to take place ? In the deserts because other areas are ill suited for mechanized offensives ... About how many Pakistan can deploy , we are producing them for quite a time and by the time you actually acquire them , we will sufficient to neutralize any advantage that it offers so I can safely conclude that we will have sufficient to overwhelm the system ... You forgot about the artillery , here ? PA operates majority of US artillery which are known for their accuracy ... So my figure of thousands isn't that wrong ...

i don't know exactly,as i'm not a drdo scientist (though i aspire 2 be 1) :azn:

you don't seem to understand what i'm saying... if the system is able to intercept a few rockets and shells that can cause great damage for us,then its absolutely fine.

Well , if Israel cant bring its cost down , what makes you think you can , mate ? They actually make the system , it wont be sold at the same rate it is produced for , right ?

There's the problem , they aren't a " few " rockets ... :)

Pakistan operate majority of Chinese rockets from which most of the Tehran's assets are derived from :azn: ... We produce our MBRL's , rockets and shells now ...

Possibly , you do not understand what does 90k$/ Interceptor actually means :azn: Maybe you cant get it through your skull that the system has serious shortcomings regarding response time and will have difficulty dealing with barrages of shells ...

Where is the battle most likely to take place ? In the deserts because other areas are ill suited for mechanized offensives ... About how many Pakistan can deploy , we are producing them for quite a time and by the time you actually acquire them , we will sufficient to neutralize any advantage that it offers so I can safely conclude that we will have sufficient to overwhelm the system ... You forgot about the artillery , here ? PA operates majority of US artillery which are known for their accuracy ... So my figure of thousands isn't that wrong ...

Well , if Israel cant bring its cost down , what makes you think you can , mate ? They actually make the system , it wont be sold at the same rate it is produced for , right ?

There's the problem , they aren't a " few " rockets ... :)

See the video i posted and then come back, it also says about it's shortcomings and potential upgrade. Don't be a self-proclaimed arm chair general.

According to basic economics, there's a topic called economy of scale. Which states that, with increase in production quantity, price per unit will fall. Compared to Israel, Indian demand will be significantly larger, hence lesser price.

And as Indian skilled labor cost is less, that might also be put in effect.

Pakistan operate majority of Chinese rockets from which most of the Tehran's assets are derived from :azn: ... We produce our MBRL's , rockets and shells now ...

Only less than 30% is advanced A-100 or KRL-21, About 70% is vintage Grad derived MBRL. Weird you didn't know about that.

See the video i posted and then come back, it also says about it's shortcomings and potential upgrade. Don't be a self-proclaimed arm chair general.

According to basic economics, there's a topic called economy of scale. Which states that, with increase in production quantity, price per unit will fall. Compared to Israel, Indian demand will be significantly larger, hence lesser price.

Only less than 30% is advanced A-100 or KRL-21, About 70% is vintage Grad derived MBRL. Weird you didn't know about that.

Also we are talking of an Indian version of the Iron Dome here so the quantities will be in the thousands too.

That is something I cant do at the moment ... Youtube is banned in Pakistan so leave it ... Arm chair General ? :azn: You guys haven't been able to answer a single of my question instead of resorting to we will place it here or Pakistan doesn't have enough artillery or the shells and rockets cant be in thousands ... You do not even understand where the major battles are likely to take place !

Yes , but Israel produces them on a mass scale right ? Think of 421 interceptions , equal number of missiles used ! But still the cost is $ 90 k a pop for the interceptor ... How larger ? There's a limit to what you can bring it down to ...

Iranian Fajr-5, which Iron Dome intercepted with success.

Fajr-5.jpg

Weird how you cant understand how we are rapidly replacing that :azn: They are produced in Pakistan so its not a problem for us to mass produce it ...

Back
Top Bottom