What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

84885635.jpg

84885678.jpg
[/QUOTE]

i thought it should be.but it looks more like some kind of lightbox and it is too thin. the white line linked to it looks like wire, rather than the intake duct.any clearer pics?

Yup! Those installatons are for illumination more than ventilation. Many windows in the station are opened.

looks nice.modern and beautiful.
btw, does it have air conditioner?it would be very hot in summer without air conditioner.

The general area/platform (the one in your picture) don't have AC. But Waiting areas/Rooms/Lounges have Air Conditioning.

The general area/platform (the one in your picture) don't have AC. But Waiting areas/Rooms/Lounges have Air Conditioning.

It is hard to believe that these are true when the pics appeared to be showing the waiting areas and lounges

It is hard to believe that these are true when the pics appeared to be showing the waiting areas and lounges

The picture shows the general waiting area my frnd...the waiting rooms/lounges/cafes/dormitories are all airconditioned...

The picture shows the general waiting area my frnd...the waiting rooms/lounges/cafes/dormitories are all airconditioned...

But practically, most passengers will be spending time in the general waiting areas only... so effectively the station doesn't appear to be air conditioned for the most part... The station has a modern structure from outside (glass n all), but the same can prove to be claustrophobic n hot inside of there is no air conditioning. Will have to wait for more pics, or for some feedback in summer time to see how good the building's planning is..

Guys here's my experience with the developing India.

Last week I had to get my land records called Jamabandi back in the day they were issued by Patwari's and were hand written (only Martians or doctors could read that horrible hand writing + the 100 Rs. fee :D) but now all the land records are computerised and you get a lovely print out which is readable and it took me half an hour because there were not many people queuing.Even the land deeds are done on a computer with a photograph to end it all,the data is saved in a database (the only issue,they forgot to set the time on their PC as it was 3 hours behind IST :P)

Most of the stuff has been computerised from getting an Arms License to a Driving License;No objection certificate to a marriage certificate :lol:

India has changed quite a bit, specially with the induction of technology in citizen services but the operators behind the computers need to more professional.Most of them are guys/girls with little college education and the customer service does lack (all the operators looked like they were forced into this).

Guys here's my experience with the developing India.

Last week I had to get my land records called Jamabandi back in the day they were issued by Patwari's and were hand written (only Martians or doctors could read that horrible hand writing + the 100 Rs. fee :D) but now all the land records are computerised and you get a lovely print out which is readable and it took me half an hour because there were not many people queuing.Even the land deeds are done on a computer with a photograph to end it all,the data is saved in a database (the only issue,they forgot to set the time on their PC as it was 3 hours behind IST :P)

Most of the stuff has been computerised from getting an Arms License to a Driving License;No objection certificate to a marriage certificate :lol:

India has changed quite a bit, specially with the induction of technology in citizen services but the operators behind the computers need to more professional.Most of them are guys/girls with little college education and the customer service does lack (all the operators looked like they were forced into this).

lol- nice anecdote! And such seemingly trivial things have dramatic consequences- computerized data entry and retrieval especially wrt development projects. A major bane has been in the past for large-scale multi-billion projects has been an aggrieved local claiming certain land as their own and demanded legal resources- stalling huge projects.

Back
Top Bottom