What's new

India 'close to wiping out polio'

Polio is a disease that has to be eradicated ASAP. So many millions suffered at one stage. We all must understand the severity of this disease and must work towards spreading awareness about it as much as possible.

recent polio cases are really an alarming situation . Pakistan is working a lot to eradicate polio but there is a strong need of public awareness so that people are willing to vaccinate their children ,
Actually many polio cases are diagnosed in tribal areas and the virus is spreading from that region because due to poor law and order situation the medical teams could not reach their and start vaccination programe effectively....
bTW nice job India ..
thanks brother.....the campaign against polio in india was immense.
Government drew in filmstars, cricketers, musicians....did every little thing to eradicate this mess...and today is a result of yesterdays hard work.
We should be grateful to the health ministry.. organizers and workers involved in the campaign and all those who have shown interest in spreading the message throughout india.
Its a well deserved victory.
congrats countrymen :cheers:

I've never understood a country (any country) that doesn't have a strong, mandatory vaccination program. Polio can be defeated with a few drops of liquid under the tongue. They should MAIL packets of vaccine to everyone, with instructions. Every child should get vaccinated at school.

and superkaif...thanks bro for this very exciting and positive news....i sincirely wish pakistan acheives the same asap. This is a endemic we need to fight together and throw off our region.
regards

Previous polio measures have failed in some rural areas in North India because the local leaders (especially Mullahs) decided that polio eradication program is a conspiracy. Hope some good senses are knocked into them.

Anyways after polio what next...chicken pox, cervical cancer...

I've never understood a country (any country) that doesn't have a strong, mandatory vaccination program. Polio can be defeated with a few drops of liquid under the tongue. They should MAIL packets of vaccine to beveryone, with instructions. Every child should get vaccinated at school.
But then how many children go to to school in india!!...the situation has been improving and i guess what you suggested will most probably be implimented.

BBC publishing something good about South Asia!? :blink:

actually he is right . they do focus a lot on the negatives of the sub continent .

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

thanks mate for highlighting this article:). but you have to admit they do publish a lot of negative articles which far out weight the positive ones.

Actually polio is only one example in the list of many diseases that are no more present in west but in our countries these are present ..... malaria , polio , chicken pox etc these are completely eradicated in west but we are still suffering from these diseases.. it shows that how much we neglected our health department

I've never understood a country (any country) that doesn't have a strong, mandatory vaccination program. Polio can be defeated with a few drops of liquid under the tongue. They should MAIL packets of vaccine to everyone, with instructions. Every child should get vaccinated at school.
its a live attenuated vaccine can't be sent via mail it has to be maintained in cold chain

OK, enough rejoicing. Now we have to attack HIV/AIDS with the same gusto. This is far more dangerous and a real killer, we need to get rid of it ASAP.
sorry to say but its next to impossible it needs education and life style changes for the community must take minimum of 30 years of hard work by gov though i am hopefull for the TB it can be eradicated

India provide free Polio drops to every household where health workers go door to door asking for kids in the house and vaccinate them. Plus they vaccinate kids in railway station, metro, markets, schools, community centers etc. etc.

But the problem is that India shares border with pakistan and each years thousands of pakistani people travels in India with polio virus and the chain is broken.

We have to again spend millions for the same exercise of vaccination.

But from this year India have decided to vaccinate every pakistani before entering into India and you are hearing the news that we are going to eradicate polio.

Back
Top Bottom