What's new

India, China, & Sarah Palin

I think we overplayed it, and emerged too quickly. (In my opinion.)

Of course, the sensationalist global media didn't help. In their quest for profits, they exaggerated our capabilities to ridiculous proportions.

Apparently not. :D

Well, the Western corporates behave in a herd mentality. If you didn't have a China strategy, the CEO won't have his job.

So you paste first before copying?

That is an invention in itself. ;)

BTW, all power to you in this alternative energy business. I get the feeling that the next big technology will still come from the USA in this field but you can prove me wrong.

I can see you implementing it on a larger scale though than the innovators. This is an innovation in itself.

Yes, copy and paste. :coffee:

And China is currently the major technology leader of the solar power. And many US companies have just sold all their technologies of the solar power to us, since they believe that they cannot compete with us.

In India both the rulers and the ruled are not interested in any confrontation with China, with an exception of a certain sections of sensationalist media. I remember a time when Ministry of External Affairs defending chinese when there were reports in Indian media about Chinese incursions.

Don't know why, but many Pakistanis seem to be in a tizzy about the supposed India-China enmity or the coming war!

It's not happening. We have no issues big enough to need to go to a war and the co-operation is actually quite strong right now, as we speak.

And we are no tool or ally of the West against anyone, least of all China. Of course, we will co-operate with them when our interests coincide. They coincide in making sure that Asia remains multi polar and not the hegemony of any one country.

Many of them do want to see a heightened tension between India and China. Sorry to disappoint them.

BTW, I really like the Chinese words. I don't know why you guys use a combination of three words for almost everything but is is very intriguing to me.

Your writing terrifies me with those thousands of hieroglyphics characters though. How long does it take a school student to learn it all?

Can one have a working knowledge of the language in a reasonable time?

It's not easy, but not terribly difficult either.

Leaning to speak Chinese is not hard. Learning to write it though, that is the tough bit.

And it is always better to learn Standard Chinese (Mandarin), rather than a regional dialect like Cantonese.

Don't know why, but many Pakistanis seem to be in a tizzy about the supposed India-China enmity or the coming war!

It's not happening. We have no issues big enough to need to go to a war and the co-operation is actually quite strong right now, as we speak.

And we are no tool or ally of the West against anyone, least of all China. Of course, we will co-operate with them when our interests coincide. They coincide in making sure that Asia remains multi polar and not the hegemony of any one country.

Many of them do want to see a heightened tension between India and China. Sorry to disappoint them.

Thats not the idea you get here!!!!!

Well if u get the idea of this forum being the only world, one would be terrified..........

Thats not the idea you get here!!!!!

Well if u get the idea of this forum being the only world, one would be terrified..........

Probably some of them may mistake their wishes for facts, especially the lot that is not very objective (and that is a very large percentage indeed).

Some of them genuinely ;) worry for the Chinese, more than they do for their own country!

It's not easy, but not terribly difficult either.

Leaning to speak Chinese is not hard. Learning to write it though, that is the tough bit.

And it is always better to learn Standard Chinese (Mandarin), rather than a regional dialect like Cantonese.

In India, Chinese language courses tend to have a duration of around 3 years, while European language courses generally have a duration of 1 year. I guess that's an indication of difficulty level.

In India, Chinese language courses tend to have a duration of around 3 years, while European language courses generally have a duration of 1 year. I guess that's an indication of difficulty level.

Well, it is easier to learn a language from the same family AKA 'Indo-European' than that from another different language family.

Ah well, why bore you with links in idle chatter. Lemme try to sum it up in brief simple language.

The last elections were post-Bush elections, so almost everyone knew Democrats are going to win. The few Republicans that were serious and had invested in the campaigns took a step back after seeing that one 'black' and one woman candidate were fielded by the Democrats. Mccain, with his reputation as a viet war veteran, was the best that could come from the Republican's side. But he also came with a problem, he was too liberal and inconsistent with the traditional views of the Republicans. He wanted to do a complete overhaul of the policies and was not as pro industry as are other Republicans. That was one reason why he could not find a suitable candidate to be a VP. Because of his views, a lot of Republicans were against him. And that was when Sarah Palin came into the picture. She was ready to endorse all sorts of change that he would propose. And at the same time, she was also a woman, to counter Hillary Clinton's status. In brief, that is the story how she got picked, and why even Republicans shy away from her.

Patanjali, all that is just a show put on for the masses. In essence, there is only one party in the US. Many (but not all) Americans are aware of it.

Well, it is easier to learn a language from the same family AKA 'Indo-European' than that from another different language family.

True. How long does an average Chinese student take to learn the language?

Especially the writing part.

Ummm, Indian languages have almost nothing in common with European languages. It is wrong to classify them as 'Indo-European'.

But yes, given that most of us already know one European language, ie, English, it becomes easier for us to learn other European languages as well.

How easy is it for a Chinese person to learn, say, Korean?

Ummm, Indian languages have almost nothing in common with European languages. It is wrong to classify them as 'Indo-European'.

But yes, given that most of us already know one European language, ie, English, it becomes easier for us to learn other European languages as well.

How easy is it for a Chinese person to learn, say, Korean?

Hindi along with Iranian and Russian are closer to the Proto-Indo-European language compared to the other Indo-European languages such as Germanic/Celtic/Italic/Greek. The former languages are the direct descendants of the PIE, while the later is a mixture between PIE and native European languages.

BTW, i heard that learning the Japanese is easier than learning the Korean for the Chinese speakers.

Hindi along with Iranian and Russian are closer to the Proto-Indo-European language compared to the other Indo-European languages such as Germanic/Celtic/Italic/Greek. The former languages are the direct descendants of the PIE, while the later is a mixture between PIE and native European languages.

BTW, i heard that learning the Japanese is easier than learning the Korean for the Chinese speakers.

I'm way outside my depth on this issue. I have no idea about history of languages. A language to me is just a means to communicate.

Many Pakistanis, and others, know what game is being played. When we see India and Indians acting jingoistic and arrogant towards all their neighbors, and then pretending to act all nice towards Chinese, it's not fooling anybody -- least of all the Chinese.

What was it you said, "assassin's mace"? Indeed! :D

The little act is immensely enjoyable to watch, though.

Many Pakistanis, and others, know what game is being played. When we see India and Indians acting jingoistic and arrogant towards all their neighbors, and then pretending to act all nice towards Chinese, it's not fooling anybody -- least of all the Chinese.

Baggage, not facts.

Just your need to try and butter up individual Chinese on an anonymous forum. It really gets very pathetic if you didn't know that.

What was it you said, "assassin's mace"? Indeed! :D

Do read up on it, it is an interesting concept.

The little act is immensely enjoyable to watch, though.

It is indeed funny, just a bit too transparent. Try and do something about it if you guys can.

Back
Top Bottom