What's new

India, China, & Sarah Palin

再见。我通常有最后的发言权。 ;)

Guys, the people with Chinese flags on this forum do not represent the Chinese people in general. Chinese are more aware and less vocal than these fan boys.

Reading the views of these people, one would be pressed hard to compare the policies of China with respect to the politics in the US. China and India both invest heavily in lobbying for the Republicans, be it Sarah Palin, McCain, or their dog. Indian and Chinese policymakers will be just as happy to see pro-industry Republicans in power.

And on a side note, these Chinese fan boys forget the fact that much more than India's, it is China's economy that is deeply entangled with that of the US. They took their own time to blindly tie the knot, and now they can't seem to get rid of it. Economically, if the US goes down, China goes down. Why else would China's bailout package would be of higher ration to the GDP in comparison to that of the US?

All the Chinese guys here, please don't be so cocky about your growth. Your growth is good for the whole world, we all acknowledge that, but China's economy is not as immune to disorders and fallouts as you might want to believe.

再见。我通常有最后的发言权。 ;)

Google Translate

Guys, the people with Chinese flags on this forum do not represent the Chinese people in general. Chinese are more aware and less vocal than these fan boys.

Reading the views of these people, one would be pressed hard to compare the policies of China with respect to the politics in the US. China and India both invest heavily in lobbying for the Republicans, be it Sarah Palin, McCain, or their dog. Indian and Chinese policymakers will be just as happy to see pro-industry Republicans in power.

And on a side note, these Chinese fan boys forget the fact that much more than India's, it is China's economy that is deeply entangled with that of the US. They took their own time to blindly tie the knot, and now they can't seem to get rid of it. Economically, if the US goes down, China goes down. Why else would China's bailout package would be of higher ration to the GDP in comparison to that of the US?

All the Chinese guys here, please don't be so cocky about your growth. Your growth is good for the whole world, we all acknowledge that, but China's economy is not as immune to disorders and fallouts as you might want to believe.

title-main2.jpg

Well, some have become too cocky and they can mostly be ignored.

But I think China has plans to derisk itself from its overly dependence on the USA. They are working on growing domestic demand and actually creating an innovative culture.

I read recently that every child there studies innovation as a subject!

I wish India had started those kinds of things here.

Well, some have become too cocky and they can mostly be ignored.

But I think China has plans to derisk itself from its overly dependence on the USA. They are working on growing domestic demand and actuallt creating an innovative culture.

I read recently that every child there studies innovation as a subject!

I wish India had started those kinds of things here.

About innovation, India does not have the resources, and to further help with that, Indian policymakers do not have the motivation. Anyway, innovation comes with need, and not with education. So don't worry, Indians are not losing too much on that.

About China's plans of risk reduction, they will have to make sure the per capita income does not rise as sharply as it did in the last decade, that would be disastrous. If anymore economic meltdowns come, China will be forced to pump in more money overseas to save its markets that generate the major chunk of its income. Creation of a domestic market doesn't happen as quickly. However, I seriously think China and India should increase bilateral trade even more and on diverse fronts. That in itself will match the major western trade markets. And in that, it will also help China and India shed their dependence on 'destined to decline' western markets.

About innovation, India does not have the resources, and to further help with that, Indian policymakers do not have the motivation. Anyway, innovation comes with need, and not with education. So don't worry, Indians are not losing too much on that.

More than resources, I think it is about long term planning. They are doing it better at this time.

Yes, you can't teach innovation so easily but it at least shows that their priorities are right. They are taking some big bold bets like clean energy, solar, excellent fast train infrastructure etc.

We are at least a decade behind on that front if not more.

About China's plans of risk reduction, they will have to make sure the per capita income does not rise as sharply as it did in the last decade, that would be disastrous. If anymore economic meltdowns come, China will be forced to pump in more money overseas to save its markets that generate the major chunk of its income. Creation of a domestic market doesn't happen as quickly. However, I seriously think China and India should increase bilateral trade even more and on diverse fronts. That in itself will match the major western trade markets. And in that, it will also help China and India shed their dependence on 'destined to decline' western markets.

Yes, trade should increase but right now it is too much one way. It is not sustainable at all.

Back
Top Bottom