What's new

India, China agree to hold joint military operations

good to see improvement in relations between the two neighbors :cheers:
such steps could lead to a brighter future in the neighborhood....:enjoy:

Info on December 2007 Indo-Chinese exercise :

According to Bhaumik, a contact of his who participated in the December 2007 Indo-Chinese joint infantry training exercise in Kunming told him that the interactions between the countries' soldiers were very stiff and cold and that a reciprocal exercise, with Chinese soldiers coming to India this summer, appears to be on hold.

Indian Military Protests Chinese Activities On The Sikkim Border

Wonder if the current one will be any different.

No need for 60:40 partnership, These bilateral pacts will be signed only related to trade and not meddling in internal affairs.

In Other things India has to compete with China if possible counter China in IOR and S.Asia.

No need for Chinese influence in S.Asia India should move in that direction steadily. India should focus only on IOR and S.Asia leave the rest to other powers. In S.Asia there must be only one Giant i.r India.

Our resources make us vis-a-vis against China in S.Asia and IOR.

Exactly. Most of the guys just up and down as soon as they hear joint training but fail to understand what China was and is doing while they train with us. Im all for peace but only if both parties make significant effort. Its pointless to start wishing things that;s aren;t realistic. Its a fact China is meddling in our SOF. Pakistan and CHina have a game plan together. Why do you think their generals are always flyng to CHina? For tea or CHinese noodles? The best way to slow down and hurt India is to gain market share. That way they don;t have to fire a bullet. MMS and Cong is very quick to accept FDI even when Nobel Laureate Stiglizer has openly stated tread carefully becoz there are many examples why open FDI into the country is not a good thing. It has to be carefully monitored and watched.

I don't care how much media hype is there about India-China differences as long as borders are peaceful. More the economy of both the nations grow, lesser are the chances of a war. I am sure leaders on both the sides are wise enough to ignore small incidents. You see how bitter were/are the relations between US-Russia but they didn't stepped out for a direct war. India-China have lost a lot reputation in recent centuries so there is a lot to catch up. Now its time for both the nations to participate together in bigger causes and not to get diluted into military show off.

Exactly. Most of the guys just up and down as soon as they hear joint training but fail to understand what China was and is doing while they train with us. Im all for peace but only if both parties make significant effort. Its pointless to start wishing things that;s aren;t realistic. Its a fact China is meddling in our SOF. Pakistan and CHina have a game plan together. Why do you think their generals are always flyng to CHina? For tea or CHinese noodles? The best way to slow down and hurt India is to gain market share. That way they don;t have to fire a bullet. MMS and Cong is very quick to accept FDI even when Nobel Laureate Stiglizer has openly stated tread carefully becoz there are many examples why open FDI into the country is not a good thing. It has to be carefully monitored and watched.

Do you think China takes Pakistan too seriously? Pakistan is good for China as long as it has something to offer. Don't forget having good relation with Pakistan, China is also trying to avoid Uighurs problem as long as it can. So far they have the leverage over Pakistan not to allow its territory for Uighurs extremists.

Does this mean both China and India will respect each others territorial claims and border line? It is good for regional peace.

I hope you like Tsingtao beer. :D

We've got plenty of domestic wines as well. Though you should try this:

Baijiu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is quite potent, about 60% alcohol by volume. Compared to 15% for most wines, and about 40% for a good vodka.

i keep coming to China at least once a year due to work reasons. Tried Tjintao beer and tastes good.

this is good news for pakistan.

if any nation has beef with india they will try and use pakistan as canon fodder against india, i am glad china and india are sensible enough to NOT turn on each other (for now). now for the rest of the region to catch up.

btw, that picture of indian and chinese soldiers holding hands looks real gay!!

Do you think China takes Pakistan too seriously? Pakistan is good for China as long as it has something to offer. Don't forget having good relation with Pakistan, China is also trying to avoid Uighurs problem as long as it can. So far they have the leverage over Pakistan not to allow its territory for Uighurs extremists.

Seriously? I think China absolutely see great potential in Pakistan for a variety of purposes. Of course it serves a purpose, to contain us. You think Uighur extremism is the biggest issue? You are sadly mistaken, its not. China is having serious issues with most neighbors including Japan. Only a fool would wage conflict with everyone. The smartest move would be to tackle each problem one at a time.

Seriously? I think China absolutely see great potential in Pakistan for a variety of purposes. Of course it serves a purpose, to contain us. You think Uighur extremism is the biggest issue? You are sadly mistaken, its not. China is having serious issues with most neighbors including Japan. Only a fool would wage conflict with everyone. The smartest move would be to tackle each problem one at a time.

Chinese takes issue of Japan too personal. Its like a revenge for them. About Pakistan, you will find a lot about China in Pakistani media but I am not sure that such coverage exist for Pakistan in Chinese circles. For them Pakistan is place to sell goods and few other benefits. But they are not as important as other nations let alone Japan. Now about containing India, Its just a matter of few years that this will also loose its leverage

keep your friends close and your enemies closer - Machiavelli

Back
Top Bottom