What's new

INDIA: Building a Modern Arsenal in India

I have no desire to see India as big military power. I will be happy to see police reforms, well eqquipped police force, tranparency in governance etc. Democracy is not just about voting but it is more about accountability. When the system becomes more accountable, it is more focused on peoples need. Right to Information and recent voting patterns are good sign. I like USA politicians have to be mindful of public sentiments. Stronger governance and accountability will automatically means good military, only for defense and to some extent helping world.

As you state, a democratic government must be accountable to the people. US has a lot of problems with its system. But in the end, its the people that put the policians in place. People here in the US want a strong economy and a strong military to maintain US technological edge and protect US interest. However, politicians must also be mindful of campaign donations and lobbying as well as its public mood. So the system is not perfect here. The best thing is to illegalize lobbying and campaign contribution. Give the same amount of money to the office seekers base on their location and whoever can manage a better campaign should be able to win.

leave projection...
come to the moment called now....

When can u make something like MKI...????
not before 2030-35.... now thats present reality...

So that is when u will have smthng India has now...What India will have by then u can project...

Actually yes. It's called the J-11B, and it's more advanced than MKI in all major parameters. :smitten:

leave projection...
come to the moment called now....

When can u make something like MKI...????
not before 2030-35.... now thats present reality...

So that is when u will have smthng India has now...What India will have by then u can project...

I'm not an expert, but in America, we have F-22. Would you like to compare MKI vs F-22.

But I know you are refering to China. I'm not sure about the capabilities of weapons field by China's AF but base on your boasting, it should be better than whatever its in the Chinese AF. Would you say that MKI is closer to something in China's AF or closer to that of F-22? Also, as I mentioned, China's technology is at least 10 years behind that of Russia. If India can manage to procure even the export version of F-35, India arm forces would be even further advance than that of China. But India would not get it unless India is a trusted partner of US.

what u think doesnt matter....u can even think China will equal Russia and US in 2 years and surpass aliens in 3 years..

No need for me to respond. But Indian technology is base on who is India's friend is at the time. If it want biggest edge over China, it should induce US technology.

hey dude... first match up to our MKI.

If its about crashing MKI,then no need to match up

.....U r extremely behind India in military technology as of now....so work hard instead of making arrogant claims..

If it is about crashing rate,then yes china is far behind
..(u guys are pretty hard working so i expect u will be able to do something by 2035-40

In 2035 china will be able to become SUPERPOWER CHINA

Sorry, forgive my lack of knowledge about flags but which country are you from?

not one conclusive answer above to the questions asked in the original post..!!!!!!!!!!

No need for me to respond. But Indian technology is base on who is India's friend is at the time. If it want biggest edge over China, it should induce US technology.

we are happy with the edge we have over China right now...well thanks but we trying that also...surely US is one of the advanced technology countries alongwith Russia and few others...working with it in technology and other fields is surely beneficial...

Last edited:
I'm not an expert, but in America, we have F-22. Would you like to compare MKI vs F-22.

But I know you are refering to China. I'm not sure about the capabilities of weapons field by China's AF but base on your boasting, it should be better than whatever its in the Chinese AF. Would you say that MKI is closer to something in China's AF or closer to that of F-22? Also, as I mentioned, China's technology is at least 10 years behind that of Russia. If India can manage to procure even the export version of F-35, India arm forces would be even further advance than that of China. But India would not get it unless India is a trusted partner of US.

obviously it is China I was referring to....still not one conclusive/direct answer to the original post...
and i think u agree to me here... that MKI much more advanced that anything in chinese inventory... so China better first catch upto that...on ground reality not future...that will take china at least 2030-35 at least on its own...

not a chance.

May be in the metropolitan areas or major cites may see change. GIFT city will give Indian economy a face. And you will see Sky scrappers In all major cites. The biometric Indentity if it work may work to curb Grass root corruption and show real rural development.

2030 we will have china's current Economic size if not greater. and be the 3rd largest Economy. after 30 years of Growth we will be in the same status as China, A nation nearing the end of its quest for development.

China of course by then would have over taken the US, in terms of economic size.

well all that is assuming We meet the challenges of Climate change.
And not get nuked by Pakistan.(not joking Pak has almost pushed the Button twice, in the Last decade.)

I was talking more in terms of military capacity, where do you think we'll stand wrt China today in a decade or so?

Good analysis by the way, I agree completely.

we are happy with the edge we have over China right now...well thanks but we trying that also...surely US is one of the advanced technology countries alongwith Russia and few others...working with it in technology and other fields is surely beneficial...

Its ridiculous to put US tech next to that of Russia. Russian tech is closer to that of China/India when compare to that of US technology as the US is about two generation ahead of Russia or Europe. US had test flight F-22 in the 1980s and no one even come close to flying a plane that has the capability. I heard that US is developing the 6th generation fighter.

:smitten:
I wonder why Russians say still the MKI is the most advanced variant of of SU-30.

Copying the SU-27 and naming it J-11 won't make it any better than the MKI.

Anybody could talk trash, but people will only take you seriously if you

back it up with FACTS;

Hands-down, the Su-30MKI is superior to all Flankers short of the J-11B in PLAAF service. It is difficult to compare the MKI to the J-11B however, due to their relative advantages in different areas. The Su-30MKI is about 20% heavier, and features an engine with slightly less powerful dry(non-afterburning) thrust, thus giving it a slightly lower thrust-to-weight ratio. Furthermore, the Su-30MKI also has about 8 times the radar-cross section of the J-11B. In terms of radar, the Su-30MKI has a clear advantage, and the MKI still retains a slight advantage in avionics despite major improvements to China's indigenous avionics industry. The MKI is also more maneuverable at subsonic speeds, though the J-11B has a superior climb-rate and better acceleration. :smitten::pakistan::china:
WikiAnswers - Indian air force vs PLAAF

Anybody could talk trash, but people will only take you seriously if you

back it up with FACTS;

Hands-down, the Su-30MKI is superior to all Flankers short of the J-11B in PLAAF service. It is difficult to compare the MKI to the J-11B however, due to their relative advantages in different areas. The Su-30MKI is about 20% heavier, and features an engine with slightly less powerful dry(non-afterburning) thrust, thus giving it a slightly lower thrust-to-weight ratio. Furthermore, the Su-30MKI also has about 8 times the radar-cross section of the J-11B. In terms of radar, the Su-30MKI has a clear advantage, and the MKI still retains a slight advantage in avionics despite major improvements to China's indigenous avionics industry. The MKI is also more maneuverable at subsonic speeds, though the J-11B has a superior climb-rate and better acceleration. :smitten::pakistan::china:
WikiAnswers - Indian air force vs PLAAF

Lets just say that MKI is far superior to anything that China has. Anything else in India's inventory that is superior that that of China? How about strategic weapons, is there any strategic weapon in India that is superior to the strategic weapon in China. Strategic weapon means long range bombers, long range missle and missle carrying subs.

from what i know india wants any thing it will get to air force and navy and army they are just rich maybe pakistan will be india in 2020 MAYBE .. all we need is a superior leader

Back
Top Bottom