What's new

India beats China in UK

Same old argument. When the Brits say it's Indian food and not Pakistani then it's Indian food NOT Pakistani.

Anyway on topic ,Indian food may be popular there in UK more due to the Raj and the number of Indians there as well, of course apart from the quality and taste.
Come on sir, do you think they know exactly where the food is from? Even roti they call Indian... Better term would be Indian Subcontinental food.

Every corner in a London street will have at least one Indian Restaurant. Even small towns in UK have lots of Indian Restaurants.

90% of Indian Restaurants are either run by Pakistanis or Bangladeshis.

It is the other way round, Pakistanis are using the name 'Indian' before their restaurants. A clear violation of Intellectual property rights.

Sir- I don't think it is anywhere near as high as 90%.

Weird. I remember not too long ago I just read an article saying that Chinese food replaced Indian food as Britain's favorite.

90% of Indian Restaurants are either run by Pakistanis or Bangladeshis.

It is the other way round, Pakistanis are using the name 'Indian' before their restaurants. A clear violation of Intellectual property rights.

men now dont start fight over foods :D

how these are Indian restaurants when they are being run by Pakistani or Bangladeshi. The problem here is that most british still live in era of pre-1947 so for them India is Pakistan, present India and Bangladesh which were one unit when they left it

Weird. I remember not too long ago I just read an article saying that Chinese food replaced Indian food as Britain's favorite.

you are correct..but its two years ago and dont know current situation but Chinese food is also popular all over the world

Chinese food beats British, Thai and even Indian curry to become nation's favourite cuisine

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/f...i-Indian-curry-nations-favourite-cuisine.html

1, Calling Chicken Tikka Massala the British national dish , along with the title “India beat China in UK”, is quite consistent with Time of India’s notorious reporting style and reputation.

2, Most “Real” Brits I know of are still considering the smell of curry pungent, nothing perfumery fragrant, unlike what that big mouth Indian chef Enam bragged in the article. I’m sorry but truth is truth.

3, you will find the sales record of Chicken Tikka Massalaand curry are directly and very positively correlated to the drastically increasing size of Indian population here in the UK, specially in London and Midland.

…oh, sorry, they call themselves British now. That might be the reason why “British prefer Curry” or why it´s so popular since “British also prefer curry for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snag these days”. :lol:

4. I have never eaten a single dish of Indian food, neither my gf, and I´ll never try Indian dishes. Yes, the smell is unbearable to be totally honest. More importantly if that romantic Indian standard of hygiene is of any guide, it´s not that hard for any chap with a decent brain to figure it out what that pair of hands usually did minutes before grabbing those dripping Curry Chicken into your plate… thank you, but no thanks.

Merry Xmas to you all!

No offence guys but the KEBAB beats all...

...Indian curries are known for giving you the runny kind of shits :cheesy:

1, Calling Chicken Tikka Massala the British national dish , along with the title “India beat China in UK”, is quite consistent with Time of India’s notorious reporting style and reputation.

2, Most “Real” Brits I know of are still considering the smell of curry pungent, nothing perfumery fragrant, unlike what that big mouth Indian chef Enam bragged in the article. I’m sorry but truth is truth.

3, you will find the sales record of Chicken Tikka Massalaand curry are directly and very positively correlated to the drastically increasing size of Indian population here in the UK, specially in London and Midland.

…oh, sorry, they call themselves British now. That might be the reason why “British prefer Curry” or why it´s so popular since “British also prefer curry for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snag these days”. :lol:

4. I have never eaten a single dish of Indian food, neither my gf, and I´ll never try Indian dishes. Yes, the smell is unbearable to be totally honest. More importantly if that romantic Indian standard of hygiene is of any guide, it´s not that hard for any chap with a decent brain to figure it out what that pair of hands usually did minutes before grabbing those dripping Curry Chicken into your plate… thank you, but no thanks.

Merry Xmas to you all!

LOL :woot: :rofl:

I hate to burst the Indian Bubble but most of the so-called " Indian Restuarants " in United Kingdom are actually Pakistani and Bangladeshi owned. :D

yea those who only serve vegetables are pure Indian restaurants :P

well most of these restaurant have names like desi restaurant, lahore kebab house etc w you can clearly tell which one is pakistani or indian but for goraz its not easy to distinguish between them

Why do they call themselves Indian restaurants then?

for most britisher

India= pakistan, india, bangldesh..for them its all same but we know the differences ..they even call P A K I to indians :lol:

I never been called P A K I even when i am pakistani but my two indian class fellow were called P A K I twice on street :P

You remember what they did to sikh in USA after 9/11 lol

this one statement of stupid asghar chaudry has been posted thousand times on this forum by indians but let read and analyze what this stupid asghar chaudry said

Asghar Choudhri, an accountant and chairman of Brooklyn's Pakistani American Merchant Association. "They are now pretending they are Indian so they can get a job."

tell me now can you as a foreigner get a job in USA without giving employer copy of your visa/passport where your nationality is written clearly?

stupid asghar and stupid those who believe in his illogical statement/opinion

Why do they call themselves Indian restaurants then?

it's marketing thing. in Holland, all the Indian restaurants are called "Indian-Chinese restaurat XXX", and most Indonesian restautants are called "Indonesian-Chinese restaurant YYY"...

Kashmiri Nationalist,

Halal kebabs are a thing of beauty and highly addictive. I don't think I ate so much in my life.

I don't mind Indian food. I've had some pretty good experiences with it.

Cheers,
:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom