What's new

India bans Pakistani TV channels in Held Kashmir

The Pakistani channels were banned because they were inciting people against Indian Govt in Kashmir. Incase you did not notice, the ban is not in the rest of the country. Only Kashmir.

And Pakistani channels should be banned if they try and incite the people in Kashmir. If they were airing their views in a neutral and professional manner, they would not have been banned. Simple as that. Democracy does not mean you can incite separatism in the Nation.

Big deal , India also bans Voice of Tigers, I am a Tamil and I would like to listen to those radio channels.I did not know I lost my freedom due to not listening to VOT

The Pakistani channels were banned because they were inciting people against Indian Govt in Kashmir. Incase you did not notice, the ban is not in the rest of the country. Only Kashmir.

And Pakistani channels should be banned if they try and incite the people in Kashmir. If they were airing their views in a neutral and professional manner, they would not have been banned. Simple as that. Democracy does not mean you can incite separatism in the Nation.

We are not inciting separatism in a nation - Kashmir remains disputed territory in the majority of worlds eyes, and in the UN.

However I can understand the GoI's POV when banning these channels - India has a tenuous hold (if any) as it is on the hearts and minds of Kashmiris - Pakistani channels cannot help, especially give the incorrect perceptions about Pakistan that the Indian media seems to present (going by the comments on the Khuda Kay liye thread).

So its not just about "encouraging separatism", its also about trying to ensure that a negative image of Pakistan (via only Indian channels) reigns supreme.

Indian channels are pushing the lie that Kashmir is a part of India, therefore they should be banned in Pakistan. :tup:

We are not inciting separatism in a nation - Kashmir remains disputed territory in the majority of worlds eyes, and in the UN.

However I can understand the GoI's POV when banning these channels - India has a tenuous hold (if any) as it is on the hearts and minds of Kashmiris - Pakistani channels cannot help, especially give the incorrect perceptions about Pakistan that the Indian media seems to present (going by the comments on the Khuda Kay liye thread).

So its not just about "encouraging separatism", its also about trying to ensure that a negative image of Pakistan (via only Indian channels) reigns supreme.
Could you point me to that thread? And what incorrect perceptions do the Indians have about Pakistan? I mean could you give some examples?

Could you point me to that thread? And what incorrect perceptions do the Indians have about Pakistan? I mean could you give some examples?

Sure - though I must admit that I am generalizing based on a few comments and some personal interactions with Indians.
Lemme find it..

Heres the quote from the thread:
"Indian films never stopped coming to Pakistan, on DVDs," Mansoor said. "So every Pakistani is absolutely clear about the way of life in India, about how everything works in India. But there is nothing coming in the other direction, with the result that India has very clear misconceptions about Pakistan."

His film was edited in Delhi, where he was, he said, "shocked by the ignorance" of Indian colleagues in the cutting room. "They had very surprising ideas about Pakistan. They asked 'Do you have taxis there?', 'Can women drive?' 'Are women allowed to go to university?' They thought Pakistan consisted entirely of fanatics and mullahs.

"The opening of films between India and Pakistan will really help people know each other. These films will help these misconceptions to go away. People here will start seeing Pakistan as it really is."

Aside from their incidental curiosity at the unexpected beauty of Pakistani houses, filmgoers and reviewers have also been struck by the insight offered by the film into the difficulties of being a liberal Muslim in Pakistan after 9/11.

Thread link with entire post.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...ark-film-opens-indian-eyes-life-pakistan.html

Sure - though I must admit that I am generalizing based on a few comments and some personal interactions with Indians.
Lemme find it..

Pakistani media is much, much worse when it comes to portraying India.

So if Pakistanis have a more realistic view of India, its thanks to Indian Cinema only.

Exactly. You can't express anti-national/ separatist views, even in a democracy.

I wonder whether Indian TV channels are allowed in Pakistan.

And you can keep wondering on. Obiviously there is no answer to ignorance specially if done deliberately.:disagree:
Dude there are more indian channels in pakistan being watched then you could probally imagine.

Big deal , India also bans Voice of Tigers, I am a Tamil and I would like to listen to those radio channels.I did not know I lost my freedom due to not listening to VOT

So the indian govt has banned one group...the tigers from propagating there views.
Do the JKLF,HM,LT ect have there own tv and radio stations that the indian govt is cutting off....?

Has the indian govt blocked all the sri lankan tv programmes.

Your point is just indianess.

Pakistani media is much, much worse when it comes to portraying India.

So if Pakistanis have a more realistic view of India, its thanks to Indian Cinema only.

Matter of perception I suppose, though aside from PTV, I don't see any strong bias in Pakistani media vis a vis India.

Exactly. You can't express anti-national/ separatist views, even in a democracy

And Pakistani channels should be banned if they try and incite the people in Kashmir. If they were airing their views in a neutral and professional manner, they would not have been banned. Simple as that. Democracy does not mean you can incite separatism in the Nation..

So if they did not report on HR abuses and did not mention the mass graves in kashmir then its okay for the pakistani channels to air in kashmir....?

Back
Top Bottom