What's new

India bans Chinese telecom equipment

Does that include my Sony mobile made in China??

If telecom products are getting banned, will somebody tell me to throw away it too??:undecided::undecided:

Obviously ban is on case to case basis, on lighter note u should use Made in India Nokia phones.

Nokia India plant handset production crosses 350 mn
Press Trust of India / Aamby Valley (lonavla) April 30, 2010, 16:13 IST

Nokia today said that its manufacturing facility in Sriperumbudur in Chennai has crossed production volumes of 350-million handsets.

"Achieving production volumes of 350-million and exporting to some of the world's biggest mature markets in a short span of time is testimony of the world-class manufacturing operation that Nokia runs in India and reflects our commitment to establish India as a global telecom manufacturing hub," Nokia India Operations Director, Sachin Saxena, said here at the company's strategy-sharing summit.

Nokia is also working closely with the relevant authorities to provide necessary impetus to the local electronic component manufacturing ecosystem to ensure more and more localisation in finished products-–telecom and beyond, he added.

This milestone was achieved in April 2010, over four- years of operation of the facility. The facility also added another milestone to its local operations by starting exports to North America and Europe, taking its total export markets from India to 70 countries.

The Chennai facility can achieve the fastest ramp-up across all Nokia’s manufacturing plants globally.

The current production is supplied to both the domestic market as well as exported to countries in the West Asia and Africa, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, besides North America and Europe.

Blah! Flip. Flop. Flip. Flop.

For an unfriendly. stingy market it's a waste of time.

By the way, to repay the soft loans the Japanese made for Indian's metro and roads, land was misappropriated and now they are struggling to find buyers. So GOI is now desperate to inflate the "value" of the rupee in order to repay its massive debts (and interest).

don't u get bored by these silly offtopic post and trolls

Obviously ban is on case to case basis, on lighter note u should use Made in India Nokia phones.

Nokia India plant handset production crosses 350 mn
Press Trust of India / Aamby Valley (lonavla) April 30, 2010, 16:13 IST

Nokia today said that its manufacturing facility in Sriperumbudur in Chennai has crossed production volumes of 350-million handsets.

"Achieving production volumes of 350-million and exporting to some of the world's biggest mature markets in a short span of time is testimony of the world-class manufacturing operation that Nokia runs in India and reflects our commitment to establish India as a global telecom manufacturing hub," Nokia India Operations Director, Sachin Saxena, said here at the company's strategy-sharing summit.

Nokia is also working closely with the relevant authorities to provide necessary impetus to the local electronic component manufacturing ecosystem to ensure more and more localisation in finished products-–telecom and beyond, he added.

This milestone was achieved in April 2010, over four- years of operation of the facility. The facility also added another milestone to its local operations by starting exports to North America and Europe, taking its total export markets from India to 70 countries.

The Chennai facility can achieve the fastest ramp-up across all Nokia’s manufacturing plants globally.

The current production is supplied to both the domestic market as well as exported to countries in the West Asia and Africa, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, besides North America and Europe.

Nope i dont belong to the bunch of swadesi movement. Im happy with the Sony i am using for the time being.

Also i bought this from Cardiff, UK. I couldnt find any Indian made nokia there.

Do you know how many parts of the computer you are using is made up of components made in CHINA?:undecided:

Blah! Flip. Flop. Flip. Flop.

For an unfriendly. stingy market it's a waste of time.

By the way, to repay the soft loans the Japanese made for Indian's metro and roads, land was misappropriated and now they are struggling to find buyers. So GOI is now desperate to inflate the "value" of the rupee in order to repay its massive debts (and interest).

You cant resist to stop the use of these stinky hatred words , right??/:what::what::what:

Nope i dont belong to the bunch of swadesi movement. Im happy with the Sony i am using for the time being.

Also i bought this from Cardiff, UK. I couldnt find any Indian made nokia there.

Do you know how many parts of the computer you are using is made up of components made in CHINA?:undecided:

read my post again i have said on a lighter note.

read my post again i have said on a lighter note.

me too on a
minimetallighterdisguisrs7.jpg
mode ..

that too a zippo one.:cheers:

No blanket ban on import of China-made telecom equipment

Decision will be taken on a case-by-case basis

The Central Government on Friday said there was no blanket ban on import of Chinese telecom equipment and any such decision was taken in each and individual cases.

“I don't think there is any blanket ban on import of any Chinese telecom equipment,” Union Home Secretary G. K. Pillai said when asked whether any restriction has been imposed on the import of China-made telecom equipment.

He said any such decision was taken case-by-case taking into account activities of individual company. “It depends on each and individual company. We look at the security implications...,” Mr. Pillai said. The Department of Telecom also made it clear that no blanket ban has been imposed on any company.

The DoT said the telecom network service providers, when they enter into licence agreements with the government, have to provide details of equipment to be procured in a prescribed proforma.

“The DoT, thereafter, refers the matter to the Ministry of Home Affairs for security clearance. Whichever company gets security clearance is allowed to procure the equipment,” a Telecom Ministry spokesperson said.

Special Correspondent from New Delhi writes:

Huawei's concern

Huawei, following media reports regarding ban on import of Chinese telecom equipment due to security concerns, on Friday urged the government to frame a “fair and non-discriminatory policy” to address the issue.

Denying that the company has not received any official communication on the matter, it expressed its concerns over the development. “Huawei is willing to cooperate with all the relevant Indian government agencies to help solve their concerns on the security issue in the interest and growth of the overall Indian telecom Industry, as internationally, Huawei's products and solutions adhere and comply with global telecom standards and regulations and are being used in telecom operators worldwide including 45 of the top 50 global telecom operators in over 120 countries,” it said.

The Hindu : Business / Industry : No blanket ban on import of China-made telecom equipment

good post. the minister said himself. what unreliability? obviously the home minister doesn't seem to mind.

Fake chinese iPhone
2336030184_1bca1dd423.jpg

Fake chinese N95
03112007168vl1.jpg

Its better to buy nothing than to buy a chinese mobile. Its horrible. All chinese mobiles have the same interface and software. Just copied bodies and false names like Nokia and Sony.
And they have no IMEI number and sometimes fake ones, which can be used by terrorists and kidnappers to do anything without being tracked ever.

No so good security wise isn't it???

I wonder why chinese products always take the illegal approach.

i wonder why indians loves de illegal products from china...

India to allow Chinese gear after checks - report

June 2 (Reuters) - India has agreed to allow import of Chinese telecom gear certified by international security audit firms, the Economic Times reported on Wednesday, to help mobile operators fend off possible delays.

Technology | Telecommuncations Services

Top officials from the prime minister's office, the home (interior) ministry, the telecommunications ministry and intelligence bureau took the decision, the newspaper said.

Industry officials have earlier said the Indian government has been blocking imports of equipment made by Chinese firms such as ZTE Corp (0763.HK) and Huawei Technologies [HWT.UL] due to security concerns. [ID:nSGE64C042]

The newspaper cited an unnamed official as saying the government would also allow self-certification of imported telecom equipment by mobile operators against a bank guarantee given to the communications ministry.

The stop-gap solution would be in place for the next 12 months and would ensure that Indian telcos do not face project delays even as India sets up an equipment testing laboratory, it said.

Canada's Electronic Warfare Associates, U.S.-based Infoguard and Israel's ALTAL Security Consulting are among the international security audit agencies whose certification would be needed, the paper said.

India to allow Chinese gear after checks - report | Reuters

Back
Top Bottom