What's new

India bans Chinese telecom equipment

Still on dope?? :what:

wasn't he proud of being the biggest exporter????

India has rejected the copied/fake phones. So now he resorts to insults, telling how these phones are for third world countries. If these phones are for third world countries then they can use them for themselves cause we have denied them.

We can afford branded phones.

India has rejected the copied/fake phones. So now he resorts to insults, telling how these phones are for third world countries. If these phones are for third world countries then they can use them for themselves cause we have denied them.

Then why not just buy branded phones? Why ban the bad ones?

because he knows that indian illiterates will pick the chinese phone over the brand name ones.

so he'll force them to pick between phones and food.

a great way to keep the poor in line if i may say myself. but only inhumane countries do this.

Oh yeah, Indians can afford branded phones, it won't hurt to being

honest for once.

Millions of Indians are using the China made, local and smuggled handsets which don’t have valid IMEI number. If you are one among this then you have the one and only option to get an IMEI number.
How to get an IMEI number legally in India | Techline Info :smitten::pakistan::china:

Then why not just buy branded phones? Why ban the bad ones?

well the answer is given by greyboy.. chinese phones have no security and hard to trace..they can be used by terrorists and other anti national elements..it was banned in the grounds of national security

because he knows that indian illiterates will pick the chinese phone over the brand name ones.

so he'll force them to pick between phones and food.

a great way to keep the poor in line if i may say myself. but only inhumane countries do this.

only some like you can post such nonsense ...

Not just security guys...people initially did buy these cheap Chinese phones to save money but now people have stopped buying these phones due to their poor quality.

:cheesy:,Sim card is used for tracking,this doesn't matter with the phone

It does. Sim cards can be switched. They can be taken out. IMEI number is unique to every cellular phone and is static ie remains the same.

It is the IMEI that is used to track the phone, not the sim.

Read up on IMEI on wiki.

:cheesy:,Sim card is used for tracking,this doesn't matter with the phone

Wasnt expecting this from a Chinese member.....a phone can be tracked by its emei no. if its on,even if the sim card is changed.

Is this about the Chinese mobiles been banned? I heard if you already are using one, you can get an IMEI number for your phone. They have to fix some kind of chip in the phone. Heard it on news 24, so not sure .. hehe
They said it can be done in 200 Rs

Is this about the Chinese mobiles been banned? I heard if you already are using one, you can get an IMEI number for your phone. They have to fix some kind of chip in the phone. Heard it on news 24, so not sure .. hehe
They said it can be done in 200 Rs

thats true...the phones are banned now ,but peopl ho have already bought the phones befor eit was banned thy can gt th emei no. registerd by paying som amount....this is all for the security reasons.

It is a good move by govt of India...
These Chinese junks are not only vulnerable to our security, they are also hazardous to use..these chinese phone makers do not follow the international norms of mobile manufacturing specially on the issues of minimum electromagnetic radiation.

Here in india one can get branded phones like Nokia,Samsung,Motorola at very cheap prices...
Nokia 1102-Rs 1160($ 25),Nokia 1161 & Nokia 1208-( $ 27),Motorola w181-Rs 1500($ 32)

Nokia is also planning to introduce Rs 500 ($ 11) mobile in india under life tools program.It will be Nokia's cheapest phone ever lunched anywhere.
Nokia To Launch Rs. 500 Handset Under Life Tools Program
nokia_life_tools_logo.jpg

so why we buy these cheap pirated & hazardous junks....:D

It is a good move by govt of India...
These Chinese junks are not only vulnerable to our security, they are also hazardous to use..these chinese phone makers do not follow the international norms of mobile manufacturing specially on the issues of minimum electromagnetic radiation.

Here in india one can get branded phones like Nokia,Samsung,Motorola at very cheap prices...
Nokia 1102-Rs 1160($ 25),Nokia 1161 & Nokia 1208-( $ 27),Motorola w181-Rs 1500($ 32)

Nokia is also planning to introduce Rs 500 ($ 11) mobile in india under life tools program.It will be Nokia's cheapest phone ever lunched anywhere.
Nokia To Launch Rs. 500 Handset Under Life Tools Program

so why we buy these cheap pirated & hazardous junks....:D

not to mention the notorious exploding battery that these phones come installed with. You don't want one exploding in your trouser pocket.

These are weapons of mass destruction. :rofl:

another achievement of india: introducing the products of foreign companies!

my goodness, the industrial might of india makes me shudder. eventually they may overtake our iron nail business.

Back
Top Bottom