What's new

India-Bangladesh Relations: The way forward

Ohh by the way I saw somewhere BD businessmen are building a Mall in Agartala exclusively for BD products. Agartala govt provide 5 Bigha of land. I am not good at land unit, probably 10000 sq meter.

Speakin of bd products......they produce the best caps and helmets.......i have 23 of them.....malls here are flooded with those....

Ohh by the way I saw somewhere BD businessmen are building a Mall in Agartala exclusively for BD products. Agartala govt provide 5 Bigha of land. I am not good at land unit, probably 10000 sq meter.

Iajdani, did you check if india allowed any Bangladeshi bank to operate in NE and to handle LC transactions??? That would be a meaning full change. Having a show room does not eliminate institutional barrier india already have in place against Bangladeshi export.

Last edited:
Iajdani, did you check if india allowed any Bangladeshi bank to operate in NE and to handle LC transactions??? That would be a meaning full change. Having a show room does not eliminate institutional barrier india already have in place against Bangladeshi export.
Not sure whether its been settled yet. May be settled as business people are not talking about it anymore.
India just recently lifted BD investment ban. You will be surprised to know that, India had ban only on two countries. BD and PK.:woot:

Not sure about PK status now.

Speakin of bd products......they produce the best caps and helmets.......i have 23 of them.....malls here are flooded with those....

BD branded products are really of very fine quality. I am not saying that because I am a BD citizen. You should try Apex shoes sometimes. I had one for the last 4 years and I just cant get rid of it. Everytime I shine it and its good as new.
Apex also gurantee that if you get a sore after wearing new shoes, they will give full refund.

Last edited:
Not sure whether its been settled yet. May be settled as business people are not talking about it anymore.
India just recently lifted BD investment ban. You will be surprised to know that, India had ban only on two countries. BD and PK.:woot:

Not sure about PK status now.

No india does not allow Bangladeshi bank to operate in NE. My earlier post meant to understand what is superficial move and what is real. India has institutional barrier against Bangladesh export and that will prevent any significant increase. Most people caught up with superficial gesture and loose site of the real issue.

I don't know why Indian are so excited about this news. This is just a routine work between two neighbor. Business relation. That's it. There isn't going to be brotherly relation with India because we ain't brother. We are more interested to build brotherly relation with Muslim world and that is our foreign policy. So bd bros, abandon this thread. No need to mingle with Indians..........We know better.......

You must be living in isolation since 1971. Because Bangladesh do not depends on india. Its india who depends on Bangladesh for $10 billion (official and unofficial) of annual export. With such earning from Bangladesh 25 millions indians who makes less than $1 a day make their living. That is staggering 16% of indian below poverty level population depends on Bangladesh.

That is not to say Bangladesh does not have poor but we make our living from elsewhere not from india.

Not to mention indian constant nagging on transit and port use.

One thing for sure, indians have no shame. Blaming someone else for their crime is indian national hallmark.

:crazy:

Dependency Of Bangladesh
1. Trade Dependency:

Bangladesh is dependent on many countries of the world for a lot of commodities and this dependency arises out of the local incapacity to produce these goods. Some of the areas in which Bangladesh is dependent are food items, petroleum, capital goods, mineral products, different kind of chemicals, raw materials for the textile industry and the pharmaceutical industry, plastic products etc.

1.1 Food Dependency

In the year 2003-2004 the total amount of food imports amounted to Tk.58,713,105 (in thousands). Food items include live animals, grains, edible fruits and vegetables, sugars, dairy products.

Live animals, e.g. cow are a major sector of dependency in particular time of the year (Eid-ul- Adha). Large numbers of cows are imported from mainly India to meet the excess demand at that time. India is our largest supplier of edible fruits and vegetables, sugar and dairy product. In 2003-2004, crops worth Tk.6,693,978(in thousands) and, sugar worth Tk. 1,650,323(in thousands) were imported. It can be easily said that for food items Bangladesh is dependent to a large extent on India.

It is quite unnatural that Bangladesh, being an agriculture-oriented country still has to import a large amount of food items. This is due to the mounting difficulty for the domestic crop producers to satisfy the needs of the increasing population. It can also be said that the dependence for food items depends on particular situations. For example, in the summer large quantities of mango are imported from India, in times of flood or drought rice, sugar and other staple foods have to be imported.

There are also a number of luxury food items that are imported e.g. coffee, cereals. These items are not produced locally. Due to increasing demand for these items, they are imported.

Dependency Of Bangladesh

need to create login to read more.

I don't know why Indian are so excited about this news. This is just a routine work between two neighbor. Business relation. That's it. There isn't going to be brotherly relation with India because we ain't brother. We are more interested to build brotherly relation with Muslim world and that is our foreign policy. So bd bros, abandon this thread. No need to mingle with Indians..........We know better.......

Welcome to reality mate, no indian here is craving for your 'brotherly love', mainly because we know what's its worth, just look around and see what brothers are doing to brothers :)

We are only talking abt peaceful beneficial co existence, something really really difficult to understand for fundies. so if u REALLY know better, do stay away. Thanks.

:crazy:

Dependency Of Bangladesh
1. Trade Dependency:

Bangladesh is dependent on many countries of the world for a lot of commodities and this dependency arises out of the local incapacity to produce these goods. Some of the areas in which Bangladesh is dependent are food items, petroleum, capital goods, mineral products, different kind of chemicals, raw materials for the textile industry and the pharmaceutical industry, plastic products etc.

1.1 Food Dependency

Its really funny what you came up with on dependency - trying desperately to hide from reality. As a importing country Bangaldesh spend money and 16 % of 400 million indians who earn less $1 a day depend on Bangladesh import.

Bangladesh can easily source some or most of its import (i.e Myanmar) from else where and 25 million indian poor will be looking for hand out.

Last edited:
Its really funny what you came up with on dependency - trying desperately to hide from reality. As a importing country Bangaldesh spend money and 16 % of 400 million indians who earn less $1 a day depend on Bangladesh import.

Bangladesh can easily source some or most of its import (i.e Myanmar) from else where and 25 million indian poor will be looking for hand out.

You are posting this theory of yours everywhere now. the theory is so full of lies and warped logic that going into it makes no sense.

What i don't understand is why are bangladeshis supporting our poor instead of supporting their own? are they stupid? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

No india does not allow Bangladeshi bank to operate in NE. My earlier post meant to understand what is superficial move and what is real. India has institutional barrier against Bangladesh export and that will prevent any significant increase. Most people caught up with superficial gesture and loose site of the real issue.

opening a bangladeshi bank is risky is it not?
if the relations get sour...and the bank decides to shut it's operations...who'd be left high and dry?
opening banks would happen when other CBM precursors follow...

You are posting this theory of yours everywhere now. the theory is so full of lies and warped logic that going into it makes no sense.

What i don't understand is why are bangladeshis supporting our poor instead of supporting their own? are they stupid? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Thats what I been pointing out, your and your fellow indians ignorance on Bangladesh.

Thats why indian interfere in Bangladesh politics, install stooges and run subversive operations. So that india can sustain and grow their market in Bangladesh.

opening a bangladeshi bank is risky is it not?
if the relations get sour...and the bank decides to shut it's operations...who'd be left high and dry?
opening banks would happen when other CBM precursors follow...

If opening Bangladeshi bank risky then at the same token Bangladesh should close indian banks already opened in Bangladesh.

We are dealing with indian trade barrier and no matter what twist you put in we can see through.

Thats what I been pointing out, your and your fellow indians ignorance on Bangladesh.

Thats why indian interfere in Bangladesh politics, install stooges and run subversive operations. So that india can sustain and grow their market in Bangladesh.

BNP and Jamaat also ruled bangladesh, and for the most part the army. so much for the stooges argument. atleast i know that much.

Back
Top Bottom