What's new

India, Bangladesh agree on northeastern rail link

Status
Not open for further replies.
the best way to gain confidence in common citizen is to help each other where ever possible.... this will make the relationship stronger and stronger..... we should have few neighbors who trust us......

Sittwe Port is getting completed in current year.

huh seems the Indians are too desparate to hear a blunt comment and not a soft one so here goes

This deal is only to faciliate India since India doesnt have balls to connect NE completly :azn:

The Indians should bow down to Bangladeshis in gratitude for connecting NE India with rest of Bharat.

???????????????

facepalm-cat-e1342180985100.jpg

And I thought there would be some sense.... Veteran member

north-east-frontier.jpg

You don't have the measure of Indian balls... It seems.

What SO posted was a typical idiotic post completely void of logic(and showing lack of info)

But then, its just Madam J in full swing, adding posts in her post reserve

On Topic> I hope the deal doesn't get delayed and work starts soon

If AL starts rail link than BNP will not have any problem continuing it. BNP only oppose India when they are in opposition. Remember when India started planning Tipaimukhi dam at end of BNP regime , BNP said it won't effect Bangladesh.

Relax man we both know what BAL and BNP are worth. They will lick everyone or anyone's boot if it serves their own interest and not of the country. However, this deal can be mutually beneficial I guess if the Indians are willing to pay handsomely for using our chittagong port. It should not be for free and since we are providing such facilities indians should also provide us with transit to Nepal. A transit to Nepal can serve the best interest of both Bangladesh and Nepal. They are landlocked and can use our khulna and chittagong ports provided they are willing to pay for it. A transit to Nepal can open up huge trade oppurtunities for both of us.

And about my previous post, I was just kidding, wanted to pi$$ some of them off.:devil:

Relax man we both know what BAL and BNP are worth. They will lick everyone or anyone's boot if it serves their own interest and not of the country. However, this deal can be mutually beneficial I guess if the Indians are willing to pay handsomely for using our chittagong port. It should not be for free and since we are providing such facilities indians should also provide us with transit to Nepal. A transit to Nepal can serve the best interest of both Bangladesh and Nepal. They are landlocked and can use our khulna and chittagong ports provided they are willing to pay for it. A transit to Nepal can open up huge trade oppurtunities for both of us.

And about my previous post, I was just kidding, wanted to pi$$ some of them off.:devil:

Its unfortunate for us that we don't have any leader with balls :lol:.

A happy troll you are sir. :agree:

Providing BD transit to Nepal and Bhutan will be a good idea and linking the BD network to the under construction India-Mayanmar-Thailand link too.

That way trade will flourish, all nations involved may even be able to pay less for the transport services since they will get harmonized and interdependent. :agree:

Why the cynicism towards both AL and BNP though? Bangladesh has moved forward from the day it came into being and progressed- something right must have been done by both parties even if it is not as good as one might want it to be in absolute terms.

Bangladesh is the most important country for India. It is good to see good neighborly relation between India and Bangladesh.
India is also an important country to Bangladesh as it is a big neighboring country. But, while BD is all smiley, India shows its unclean shark teeth. Ask your govt to be lenient and nice with its attitude towards BD.

Its unfortunate for us that we don't have any leader with balls :lol:.

Did you hear Tareq Zia's wife is most likely to lead BNP in the future and about Hasina god bless her as it seems she is getting younger and stronger day by day. I guess we are not going to see any leader with real balls in forseeable future.:hitwall:

A happy troll you are sir. :agree:

Providing BD transit to Nepal and Bhutan will be a good idea and linking the BD network to the under construction India-Mayanmar-Thailand link too.

That way trade will flourish, all nations involved may even be able to pay less for the transport services since they will get harmonized and interdependent. :agree:

Why the cynicism towards both AL and BNP though? Bangladesh has moved forward from the day it came into being and progressed- something right must have been done by both parties even if it is not as good as one might want it to be in absolute terms.
Well if really your government is willing to provide us transit to Nepal and Bhutan alone I guess we can allow direct land transits to your NE states. But I must say Indian government never really wanted to give transit to Nepal, many times GOB has asked for it and has been turned down. And this is the frustrating part as you guys are not willing to give up anything but yet you want something. I think you must agree your foreign policy is not very nice when it comes to your neighbours.

Like the indians are on PDF Bangladesh section.

Rather how India is the only thing obsessed bangladeshis discuss, even on Burma - Rohingya issue, their internal politics threads or just about any other, indeed we indians respond genius! Keep your idiocy free of the mention of india, and nobody would give you guys any attention that you so desperately crave.

Well if really your government is willing to provide us transit to Nepal and Bhutan alone I guess we can allow direct land transits to your NE states. But I must say Indian government never really wanted to give transit to Nepal, many times GOB has asked for it and has been turned down. And this is the frustrating part as you guys are not willing to give up anything but yet you want something. I think you must agree your foreign policy is not very nice when it comes to your neighbours.

We can be negligent and over bearing in turns- it arises from the need to manage 1.2 billion people- manage the economy and stymie our ever enthusiastic foes in the west. But yes we have been slow at it, with the coming years though as we've picked up pace in the NE and the associated region a lot of BD's concerns will get mended.

Although I guess each of these proposals will be looked at by both governments based on their individual merit or lack thereof. Personally I am not aware of any reason as such to deny BD transit.

Shob khichu diplomacy-r opor depend kore..lets wait and watch. :cheers:

Seems BD and Nepal are already doing trade via Indian territory, and are on the way to expand it. The link below provides some insight on the matter:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...-import-duties-will-boost-bd-nepal-trade.html

why india dint succeed in doing so within own land and needed BD ?

The shortest route between two points is a straight line.

The map rail map posted by @IND151 may have helped clear cobwebs about rail connectivity in the NE.

For the record , here is a rail map of the Rajdhani Exp one of the many trains that connect Dibrugarh & Delhi. It travels a distance of 2453 kms.

DAqX1MW.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This project has zero benefit for BD but would be a great advantage to India. Next Govt should scrap this and any other similar deals BAL has signed with India secretly or overtly. There should be no advantages / privileges given to India till that country learns to behave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom