What's new

India and Vietnam co-operation in SCS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawaii is 2300 Nau Miles away from US so going by your logic " why does USA claim that Island " :)

And don't even ask about Falkland islands

some cases are decided on vicinity some are decided on other factors. there is no one single rule of thumb!

To explore oil in undisputed Vietnamese territorial water,we just need their permission and nothing else.And we are doing it with full cooperation and permission.Where is burglary in it..?On the other hand that red dotted line in the map is the symbol of thievery,greed and imperialistic arrogance..

if you know there is severe problem of dispute and you are still meddling into it of course you are helping and abetting the side which does not have a legal claim = acts of thef or burglary!

If China wants to reduce external power influence in ASEAN and East Asia, may be they can do it by supporting the formation of ASEAN+ group (Japan+Korea+ASEAN-10+Sri Lanka+Bangladesh+PNG+Timor Leste). This group with a billion population in a EU type union can form its own security and strategic umbrella like NATO. This will definitely reduce Indian or US influence as there will be no need for strategic alliance with them. Also it will be good for Asian regional economy as it will integrate the region and make borders irrelevant.

The downside for China is that it will have a powerful bloc all around its Southern border. But by helping its formation, may be it can become a permanent ally with this bloc and get the first mover advantage. I am sure Indians lack this kind of vision, so expecting anything from them is a hopeless cause. And US/West are just too short sighted for this kind of project.

Sometimes you have to give something to win big in the long term. I think it is food for thought for Chinese professional strategic thinkers.

I am disclaiming my identification of myself as a Chinese professional strategic thinker by answering your thoughtful comment.
You suggestion is good but it is hard to accomplish due to the deep lying differences amongst the parties concerned. And don't even think S Korea and Japan can have a happy marriage. They have territorial dispute of their own. Secondly, as we all know india is a master spolier in all this kind of plans due to huge expectation gap between their ego and capabiliy. You can expect indians to go very nasty on this move!

I am disclaiming my identification of myself as a Chinese professional strategic thinker by answering your thoughtful comment.
You suggestion is good but it is hard to accomplish due to the deep lying differences amongst the parties concerned. And don't even think S Korea and Japan can have a happy marriage. They have territorial dispute of their own. Secondly, as we all know india is a master spolier in all this kind of plans due to huge expectation gap between their ego and capabiliy. You can expect indians to go very nasty on this move!

The problem between Japan and Korea can be solved I think, they both feel threatened by a rising China and a declining USA/West. So they need their own "empire" project to save their interests in the long term. This union solves more problem for them than it creates. Solving territorial dispute between members and allies is one big reason to have unions.

About India, I agree that they will be the spoiler. But I think they or even the US do not have enough power to spoil, if all of us come together and work for our own collective interest.

We are also carrying on a related discussion here:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/164048-kalu_miahs-new-world-order-road-map-future-13.html

I am having problems with this maps, looks to me all Spratly Islands are outside of Vietnam's 200 nautical miles....

why does Vietnam claim those Islands?

Vietnam claimed it and officially controlled it from long time in our History with out troubles with China. Islands belong to Vietnam. China is just claimed it recently.

the house is empty doesn't mean the break-in will automatically transfer the title of ownership to the burglar!

It was not empty house of yours! When we arrived on the islands had very many birds, bats ... :lol:

If China has managed both archipelagoes Hoang Sa and Truong Sa (Paracels and Spratlys) before we arrived, we certainly had no chance to manage them throughout five centuries later.
We have managed two archipelagoes for 5 centuries peacefully without any dispute, not had any military conflict.
Honestly, at that time China was not paying attention to the islands tiny and remote, because it did not bring any benefit to them, until they think it has many oil in the early 20th century.

:rofl: Nha Trang port with no docks...that's embarassing question for Vietnameses to answer :rofl:

Indian Navy vessels in the Nha Trang port, in 2011.

lentham.jpg

bongchuyen.jpg

It was not empty house of yours! When we arrived on the islands had very many birds, bats ... :lol:

If China has managed both archipelagoes Hoang Sa and Truong Sa (Paracels and Spratlys) before we arrived, we certainly had no chance to manage them throughout five centuries later.
We have managed two archipelagoes for 5 centuries peacefully without any dispute, not had any military conflict.
Honestly, at that time China was not paying attention to the islands tiny and remote, because it did not bring any benefit to them, until they think it has many oil in the early 20th century.

Are you trying to play down the important of these two archipelagoes? LMAO..these are still dispute areas...we will take back when ever you want...so try to pretend un-important or whatever your historical claim...you better put a count down clock to tick the arriver of Chinese warship.

China having warships in pakistan, Myanmar and srilanka.. Then we should also have our ships near south china sea..
Good work by vietnam and india, continue..
Assisting vietnam with ship building and offering them brahmos will be a gr8 privilege for us..

you forget you are not as significant as China, or the US....

the US has base in UK and Germany, are your sending your ships there too?

The problem between Japan and Korea can be solved I think, they both feel threatened by a rising China and a declining USA/West. So they need their own "empire" project to save their interests in the long term. This union solves more problem for them than it creates. Solving territorial dispute between members and allies is one big reason to have unions.

About India, I agree that they will be the spoiler. But I think they or even the US do not have enough power to spoil, if all of us come together and work for our own collective interest.

We are also carrying on a related discussion here:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/164048-kalu_miahs-new-world-order-road-map-future-13.html

there's no union of Japan and Korea. it either both has to be attached to aid in US in containing China, or Korea will remain the bullied part between Japan and China.

You know why Korean is happy about being a US lapdog as he is bragging in another thread, since nowadays is the best time of this nation's entire history. He cannot be unhappy about the status quo.

When you didn't know nothing you could shut a mouth.

Mr. Facebooks ask the question...not me :rofl: ...I'm just curious about his question and your answer...I have never claim to know if vietnam seaport has dock...

When you didn't know nothing you could shut a mouth.

That apply the same to you!!!

Who you think you are to come up to such illiterate language!!!???

Your vietnamese must watch at yourself before blaming on others "rude" or something bad......there is nobody but YOU!!!:angry:

Mr. Facebooks ask the question...not me :rofl: ...I'm just curious about his question and your answer...I have never claim to know if vietnam seaport has dock...

Every Seaport itself is including docking places, storage Plants, crans and others facilities. You didn't have minimal knowlege abou that, bro. :D

Your vietnamese must watch at yourself before blaming on others "rude" or something bad......there is nobody but YOU!!!:angry:

It would be apply same for you, bro.:D

Are you trying to play down the important of these two archipelagoes? LMAO..these are still dispute areas...we will take back when ever you want...so try to pretend un-important or whatever your historical claim...you better put a count down clock to tick the arriver of Chinese warship.

Why do we must "play down" the importance of two archipelagoes?
The largest number of islands in the Spratly Islands are managed by Vietnam, which are not by using force to rob as China did, itself also proved what I mentioned above.

You are talking about you yourself?

It would be apply same for you, bro.:D

You are talking about you yourself?

Is that the culture of your vietnamese losers????

Blatant whining while suffering serious hurts!!!???

:tdown:

She not only claim those islands. She already occupied 40 of them and she wants all of all of them, including the Filipino's 9 , China's 7 and Taiwan's lonely 1. Sneakily Vietnam, with her sugar daddies backings, she wants the hegemony of SCS and blaming China to be the aggressor at the same time.

What a great definition!!! I couldn't find a better one to describe that!!!! Thanks anyways!!!

I am having problems with this maps, looks to me all Spratly Islands are outside of Vietnam's 200 nautical miles....

why does Vietnam claim those Islands?

Because of their failed giant-ego and greediness!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom