What's new

India and her Muslims

Lolz ................I can only sime on Salmans words.

I think we shouldn't criticise if he said that he is Hindu and Muslim at same time coz I feel that he is unaware about the religion laws (Either Muslim or hindu).

He is doing Shirk. Well having Muslim name never means that a person is a Muslim.

In Islam, If you do Shirk (Arabic: شرك‎) (its a sin) U r out of Islam or muslim community.

In general way shirk refers to worshipping other than Allah, associating partners with him, giving his characteristics to others beside him, or not believing in his characteristics.

Within Islam, Major Shirk is a forgivable sin if one repents from it while one is alive, but according to Islamic texts, anyone who dies upon this sin will never enter paradise.

I think we shouldn't criticise if he said that he is Hindu and Muslim at same time coz I feel that he is unaware about the religion laws (Either Muslim or hindu).

He is doing Shirk. Well having Muslim name never means that a person is a Muslim.

In Islam, If you do Shirk (Arabic: شرك‎) (its a sin) U r out of Islam or muslim community.

In general way shirk refers to worshipping other than Allah, associating partners with him, giving his characteristics to others beside him, or not believing in his characteristics.

Within Islam, Major Shirk is a forgivable sin if one repents from it while one is alive, but according to Islamic texts, anyone who dies upon this sin will never enter paradise.

There is no god which says so, Have your good deeds going, You will enter paradise..... Believe in those who have done justice to you, Believe In god, accept him,But dont be blind at the same time.. :cheers:

And In India, I got to mosque , Temple, Church... All That I get is peace of mind, The god is there Just in your heart, The power which keeps you going is god. My dear even Jesus had faith in god, allah had faith in god, krishna or rama had faith in god.... All those had faith in god, they never said they are god and worship them..... Do a good deed, satisfaction you get is also divine ... You can feel the divine. Divinity is there where divine is ...

Last edited:
In India, I got to mosque , Temple, Church...

That is because you are Indian and have grown up respecting all religions, and are free to follow the one of your choice, or more than one, or all, or none at all.

It is difficult thus to judge others by the same yardstick ..... lets just leave it at that and move on.

Cheers, Doc

That is because you are Indian and have grown up respecting all religions, and are free to follow the one of your choice, or more than one, or all, or none at all.

It is difficult thus to judge others by the same yardstick ..... lets just leave it at that and move on.

Cheers, Doc

Hey its not me alone, My friends who are muslims come to temple too.. We celebrate ramzan, christmas,Krishna jayanti, dipawali...

You cannot find any Indian sitting alone in his house on the day of Dipavali . Its a common Festival for all... Its no restrictions that Only Religious festvals should be celibrated by respective people.... Nah, Every day is a celebration for us...

There is no god which says so, Have your good deeds going, You will enter paradise..... Believe in those who have done justice to you, Believe In god, accept him,But dont be blind at the same time.. :cheers:

And In India, I got to mosque , Temple, Church... All That I get is peace of mind, The god is there Just in your heart, The power which keeps you going is god. My dear even Jesus had faith in god, allah had faith in god, krishna or rama had faith in god.... All those had faith in god, they never said they are god and worship them..... Do a good deed, satisfaction you get is also divine ... You can feel the divine. Divinity is there where divine is there...

Thanks for your philosophical words. Dont come up on religious debate. You dont have enough knwoledge for that.

Doing good deeds is ok, I believe its in all religions but

I was quoting one of rule of Islamic basic fundamentals. And according to that a person wouldnt be considered Muslim if he or she shirks. So its a rule in Islam as there r rules for any other religion.

Please dont quote on that which can create flame.

Agreed. Same here.

I assume your muslim friends are Indians.

Cheers, Doc

Thanks for your philosophical words. Dont come up on religious debate. You dont have enough knwoledge for that.

Doing good deeds is ok, I believe its in all religions but

I was quoting one of rule of Islamic basic fundamentals. And according to that a person wouldnt be considered Muslim if he or she shirks. So its a rule in Islam as there r rules for any other religion.

Please dont quote on that which can create flame.

No Iam no one to comment on religion, Indeed I have no knowledge in Religion... In India no one is brought up with religious Thoughts, All we are taught is We are human beings, Help each other no matter what his cast,creed or religion is, Gone are those days when we used to fight....

I dont know enough about Islam so will not comment on its rules etc.

The point being made was about entry into heaven.

You may as a formal religion have rules and excommunicate those that do not toe the line and declare them "not Muslim".

But heaven, or God, is not the sole domain of Muslims my friend.

So we non Muslims can still reach heaven too in our own chosen way, which may not be the same as yours, and by worshipping God, whom we do not call Allah (but Ahura Mazda for me), in our own chosen way.

Of course we hope that our heaven is the same as yours, so that we can bump into each other again and continue the debate there too. :)

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
I dont know enough about Islam so will not comment on its rules etc.

The point being made was about entry into heaven.

You may as a formal religion have rules and excommunicate those that do not toe the line and declare them "not Muslim".

But heaven, or God, is not the sole domain of Muslims my friend.

So we non Muslims can still reach heaven too in our own chosen way, which may not be the same as yours, and by worshipping God whom we do not call Allah (but Ahura Mazda for me).

Of course we hope that our heaven is the same as yours, so that we can continue the debate there too. :)

Cheers, Doc

I wonder how people used to reach heaven before allah was born.... My brother. Why waste Your life thinking of death, Life is a gift, enjoy to the maximum... That is all what I can say.

The only differance between you and me is, I live on this earth like am In paradise, You live on this earth dreaming and practicing for the heaven after your death. :disagree:

You itself come under a nice judgement m what is better, wasting your good times or just dreaming of a place which you have not seen

I wonder how people used to reach heaven before allah was born.... My brother. Why waste Your life thinking of death, Life is a gift, enjoy to the maximum... That is all what I can say.

i think my friend it is better if we leave the religions alone because of the following reason:

1. neither of us is expert on islam, hinduism, christainity etc. so when we do not know the basic concepts of ones religion no need to comment about it.

2. two people from the same religion can have different views e.g. may be i , Mzubair and tamikhan has a different approach and same is for you and vsdoc. i am using the names of only those people who are on this thread so it is nothing personal please.

3. moreover, the teachings of the different religions are different and the followers of that religion will have different way of looking at things like in islam and some other religions God is one who created all this universe but in hinduism there are many gods (i do not know what are the actual beliefs of hindus about universe creation because as i mentioned above we are not experts).

4. religion is, i think, a very personal thing (for every one) and everyone has the right to practice his believes freely. e.g. you are a hindu (as you have mentioned) with the belief of enjoying the life at the maximum and no one can tell what is your criteria for the enjoyment of life (i mean to say it can different for different hindus and same is for muslims)

as far as salman khans statement is concern, let us give our opinions, respect other people opinions and not to go in details about religions because ultimately it will lead to a uncomfortable situation for us all so better ignore it.

regards

sincerely

I think we are taking Salman's statements a little too literally. He probably meant them in the same vein as Jinnah.

To the Indian posters, please avoid lecturing to present a black-and-white picture. We all know that both India and Pakistan have religious extremists, both Hindu and Muslim (and, presumably, Sikh). Neither country is perfect.

On a positive note, most Indians may not know this, but multiculturalism is very much alive in Pakistan, especially in the urban areas. Growing up in Karachi, I had Christian and Parsi friends (didn't know any Hindus) and we went to their religious festivals, just like they came to ours.

Many Pakistani customs have origins in Hindu culture, e.g. mehndi (henna), flower garlands, and the circling of a coconut around the birthday boy/girl's head.

Similarly, I am sure there are customs in India which have their origins in Muslim culture.

Cheers, Doc

Ideal statement but on ground holds less weight.

Back
Top Bottom