What's new

India 6th most liked, Pak 3rd most disliked nation for Americans: Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indians like to consider getting liked or approval from the white man a badge of honour. In our culture, we don't have this. Whenever a western country does something, the first people you will find defending them will be Indians. You never see any Chinese going around defending western imperialism. Even if there are, they are a tiny minority. As I said before, it's because we don't consider other races to be superior to ours. We consider ourselves equal to the white man, thus never seek their approval. Whereas Indians have the white man on a pedestal and above the Indian race, thus it makes you very happy whenever any western country likes you. You wave that around showing everyone 'look at us, these white people like us'. It's almost a badge of honour for you guys.

I wish the above was true, but unfortunately it is not.

Behavior of certain Chinese members who make prophets out of people like Philippe Rushton and Neville Maxwell , the opposite of your post seems to be true.

Getting liked by the white man is a big achievement for Indians. I am glad the Americans dislike us, just means we don't kow tow to American hegemony like India does. Countries that go along with American imperialism is well liked. I'm surprised there isn't more hate directed us than the numbers suggest considering the anti-China propaganda on American media 24/7.
We don't seek the approval of anyone, let alone a bunch of imperialistic white men. This is one of the biggest differences between Indian and Chinese culture. We never consider ourselves below anyone thus don't seek anyone's approval whereas Indians have always considered the white man the superior race thus getting the approval of the white man makes Indians very proud.
its always good to see ppl who talk their heart out, but that doesnt necessarily mean they are talk sense.
u see the poll was done on the ordinary citizens and not the american beuracrats. ordinary americans dont give too much importance on who kow tows their hegemony, rather than the ppl around them who belong to different regions/countries. indians in general, staying in america, are viewed as favourable,hardworking and progressive. this might have put indians in the sixth place, not the compliance of indian leaders to american policies.
and talking about kow towing to american policies, its more often than not india has differed from american policies eg iran. there are many but u are well equipped to search for those examples.
about culture, please dont comment if u dont know what u r speaking of. its kind of embarrasing.

so...............

Public opinion on a specific nationality has a certain impact on the Govt.

In American context possibly with respect to say immigration form the corresponding nation or America justifying war or something controversial like drone strikes over that nation.

Trust me, you don't want them to make that connection as long as possible!
lol...u r bang on that.....:cheesy:
The ones who are into yoga would know -- probably more than most Indians themselves. However, I am talking of the average American on the street.
well an average american is as ignorant as ourselves. anyway u are correct esp. after the clarification.

Just like in Pakistan , history books are rife with distorted facts?? And I am Hindu but I don't live in a Hindu nation. People of every religion live India. And if Indian were not in the picture, then in 1998 economic and technological sanctions would not have been levied upon India by the US. Just that our threat profile was not that significant and threat from India gradually died off.

US never attacked India neither it was important enough.

Will repeat again that dislike between US-Muslim world is mutual.

Very Good news.
BTW nobody likes Pakistan,incl China,Afghanistan.

ahhah its undersood...:D

Pakistan still dont bow down to american orders on gas pipeline & Gawadar projects, unlike india who did every thing on one phone call:omghaha:

BTW Hindus are famous for buttering & seelling their faiths to powers since Muslims rules in india, than british, russians now its americans:cheesy:

Indians like to consider getting liked or approval from the white man a badge of honour. In our culture, we don't have this. Whenever a western country does something, the first people you will find defending them will be Indians. You never see any Chinese going around defending western imperialism. Even if there are, they are a tiny minority. As I said before, it's because we don't consider other races to be superior to ours. We consider ourselves equal to the white man, thus never seek their approval. Whereas Indians have the white man on a pedestal and above the Indian race, thus it makes you very happy whenever any western country likes you. You wave that around showing everyone 'look at us, these white people like us'. It's almost a badge of honour for you guys.

hahha 100% true......

Pakistan still dont bow down to american orders on gas pipeline & Gawadar projects, unlike india who did every thing on one phone call:omghaha:

BTW Hindus are famous for buttering & seelling their faiths to powers since Muslims rules in india, than british, russians now its americans:cheesy:

y0 you cannot argue with them they have excuse for every thing just like how they have god for every thing while every other religion has one god so they will uses their praying tactics of different god to argue about one thing differently just like god which is they hate every one even them selves they have shudars dravidians etc so you cannot argue with hate which clouds every thing they say at any given time

hahha 100% true......

Hahah...so you guys pride yourself on that fact that after years of being used and abused by the US for its own war efforts first against the soviets then afghanistan (for which you guys oiled up and willingly obliged when the US aimed for penetration), you finally grew a spine for laying a pipe.

Bravo!!!

At least you are a couple of places above the bottom, North Korea beats you :lol:, work harder and you might reach the bottom soon enough.

It seems as if Americans hate the islamosphere but who can blame them? These people call for their destruction, crash planes into their buildings and make them live in perpetual fear.

It seems as if Americans hate the islamosphere but who can blame them? These people call for their destruction, crash planes into their buildings and make them live in perpetual fear.

Not me, the actions of 15 Saudi are clear reflection of the Muslims of the world - Go USA, get what you have earned and deserve:usflag:

Hahah...so you guys pride yourself on that fact that after years of being used and abused by the US for its own war efforts first against the soviets then afghanistan (for which you guys oiled up and willingly obliged when the US aimed for penetration), you finally grew a spine for laying a pipe.

Bravo!!!

No we are amused that despite Indian offers and desperation to be used by US in Afghanistan; the anti-Pakistan Americans still dont listen to your desire :omghaha:

No we are amused that despite Indian offers and desperation to be used by US in Afghanistan; the anti-Pakistan Americans still dont listen to your desire :omghaha:

How can India offer anything to the war in Afghanistan, we do not have a border??

India only supported US action on terrorists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom