What's new

Independence Day: O God, put out this fire for us

Forget about Pakistani textbooks, have you seen Bollywood movies like Gaddar - Ek Prem Katha which shows 1 dimensional view of partition and tried to put all the blame on Muslims? And the super hit box office status of that film shows that majority of Indians do infact believe in that version of partition. :disagree:

It seems you never saw that movie and talking rubbish here. :laugh: First see that movie then raise valid point here.

Forget about Pakistani textbooks, have you seen Bollywood movies like Gaddar - Ek Prem Katha which shows 1 dimensional view of partition and tried to put all the blame on Muslims? And the super hit box office status of that film shows that majority of Indians do infact believe in that version of partition. :disagree:

Not trying to support him there but movies like VeerZara have also done well in the box office.

It seems you never saw that movie and talking rubbish here. :laugh: First see that movie then raise valid point here.

I saw parts of it which shows Sikhs asking their daughters to drink poison or else they will get raped. Also, one more thing which made us laugh to no extent is that they are showing Lahore/Punjab as the background while Amisha Patel is wearing gharara (which Punjabi women don't wear at all) and men are dressed in sherwani and Jinnah caps :rofl: All those havelis, nawabs. ghararas, flowery urdu, adaabs etc reminded me of of Muslims socials produced in India with U.P. as background. Don't ur directors know there is a vast difference between the cultures of Punjab and U.P. ;)

Not trying to support him there but movies like VeerZara have also done well in the box office.

But even the movies like Veer Zara also show that it is a Pakistani girl who falls in love with an Indian guy. Due to the patriachal nature of the societies of India and Pakistan.. India always show an Indian Muslim girl (Roja) or Pakistani Muslim girls (Veer Zara, Gaddar, Hndustan Ki Qasam) etc falling in love with Indian men. I have yet to see an Indian film which shows Indian GIRL falling in love with Pakistani GUY. Similarly, Pakistani movies always show Indian Hindu or Sikh girl falling in love with Pakistani Muslim man and then living happily ever after. Does the opposite doesnt happen in India or Pakistan or is the fact hard for men to admit.

I saw parts of it which shows Sikhs asking their daughters to drink poison or else they will get raped
That's historically true fact.

Also, one more thing which made us laugh to no extent is that they are showing Lahore/Punjab as the background while Amisha Patel is wearing gharara (which Punjabi women don't wear at all) and men are dressed in sherwani and Jinnah caps :rofl: All those havelis, nawabs. ghararas, flowery urdu, adaabs etc reminded me of of Muslims socials produced in India with U.P. as background. Don't ur directors know there is a vast difference between the cultures of Punjab and U.P. ;)
Didn't lots of UPwala migrated to Lahore as well. But what was your objection in the movie apart from this beauty contest.

That's historically true fact.

Didn't lots of UPwala migrated to Lahore as well. But what was your objection in the movie apart from this beauty contest.

But they are showing a Punjabi Muslim girl Sakina who falls in love with Sikh guy. Punjabi Muslim women don't wear ghararas/shararas at home and most Punjabi Muslims can't speak flowery urdu, they mix urdu with Punjabi. Sikhs asking their daughters to drink poison is historically true but my grand mother was telling me that Punjabi Muslims asking their daughters in East Punjab to drink poison so they be saved from the Sikhs is also a HISTORICALLY TRUE FACT.

Also, that story of Gaddar - Ek Prem Katha is based on the famous legend Shaheed Boota Singh which was a true story between Punjabi Muslim Girl and Sikh Man (who later converts to Islam) The true story was mentioned in the book on Gandhi, Freedom at Midnight). Read that story and see how ur Indian propaganda machine changed the whole story.

But they are showing a Punjabi Muslim girl Sakina who falls in love with Sikh guy. Punjabi Muslim women don't wear ghararas/shararas at home and most Punjabi Muslims can't speak flowery urdu, they mix urdu with Punjabi. Sikhs asking their daughters to drink poison is historically true but my grand mother was telling me that Punjabi Muslims asking their daughters in East Punjab to drink poison so they be saved from the Sikhs is also a HISTORICALLY TRUE FACT.

Also, that story of Gaddar - Ek Prem Katha is based on the famous legend Shaheed Boota Singh which was a true story between Punjabi Muslim Girl and Sikh Man (who later converts to Islam) The true story was mentioned in the book on Gandhi, Freedom at Midnight). Read that story and see how ur Indian propaganda machine changed the whole story.

First of all, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana were part of Punjab who don't speak Punjabi language and both of these states touches Uttar Pradesh and Delhi. I also heard that there is widespread popularity for Lakhnavi culture in Punjab. In movie Bol there was a dialouge,"I have seen Pakeejah 100 times to learn Lakhnavi Urdu."

Ghadar never claimed on true persons. Both sides of violence were shown. You should have seen movies and raised objections according to that.

First of all, Himachal Pradesh and Haryana were part of Punjab who don't speak Punjabi language and both of these states touches Uttar Pradesh and Delhi. I also heard that there is widespread popularity for Lakhnavi culture in Punjab. In movie Khuda ke liye there was a dialouge,"I have seen Pakeejah 100 times to learn Lakhnavi Urdu."

Ghadar never claimed on true persons. Both sides of violence were shown. You should have seen movies and raised objections according to that.

But Ghaddar did show that Muslims started it. go n watch the movie again.

But Ghaddar did show that Muslims started it. go n watch the movie again.

I didn't saw that but direct action day was started by Muslim league which killed 5000 people in first three days of riots in Calcutta.

I didn't saw that but direct action day was started by Muslim league which killed 5000 people in first three days of riots in Calcutta.
Ur prejudiced to the cor, leave him jinx, he's not worth it.
Also, watch the movie "Jinnah" It's made by UKer and also watch partition

Ur prejudiced to the cor, leave him jinx, he's not worth it.
Also, watch the movie "Jinnah" It's made by UKer and also watch partition

What prejudice I wrote, wasn't "Direct Action Day" started by Muslim League.

you are taking examples of hindi movies !!! jeez these kind of movies are for rickshwallahs and taxi drivers

you are taking examples of hindi movies !!! jeez these kind of movies are for rickshwallahs and taxi drivers

But Cinema does have a very strong effect on Public, do u agree? Y or N? It is Gigawaat who is saying that they teach us in textbooks (which textbooks?) that atrocities of partition was 1 sided affair. I was giving him examples from other side of the border which shows how atrocities of partition were blamed on muslims only.

But Cinema does have a very strong effect on Public, do u agree? Y or N? It is Gigawaat who is saying that they teach us in textbooks (which textbooks?) that atrocities of partition was 1 sided affair. I was giving him examples from other side of the border which shows how atrocities of partition were blamed on muslims only.

i agree.. but that movie gadar was such utter bs, i stopped watching halfway when sunny deol single handedly started beating up a crowd of pakistanis.. honestly i couldnt sit thru more than that

on roits, we wil never know where and who started it but its sad it happened. my gf was working in lahore at that time and had to leave everything and com back and used to tell me some stories on that,,

Comparing Textbooks with movies. :girl_wacko: What next will you give example from Mr. India or Krish or Koi mil gaya or Shaktimaan:lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom