What's new

In Pictures: Kitchen that feeds 100,000 daily

It would be best if religions don't need to serve meals anymore because everyone earns enough to feed their families and themselves.

The logic behind such community kitchens is something like this :

1. Of all the needs of a human food is the basic. A man cannot even pray to God on an empty stomach.

2. Sitting together and eating a common meal removes the distinction between rich & poor. They eat together & pray together - in the same manner.

3. Inculcate the spirit of community service. Besides donating food & money , everyone comes and works - cooking, sweeping, washing, cleaning, serving - all this & more is done by volunteers.
What better way to bind the society.

It is not unusual to see millionaires sitting with the poor & polishing shoes of the devotees who remove & hand them over at a designated place.

Humility in short is what happens.

Toughest work is making and cooking so many rotis. Even a guy like me can't cook few rotis for myself at home.

Their intention is good but kitchen looks dirty.

It would be best if religions don't need to serve meals anymore because everyone earns enough to feed their families and themselves.

Its a community service, the visitors to the Gurudrawa also take part in cooking the food.

Kitchens are not Dirty. They are well kept. I and My family visits Gurdwara regulary and we too do Sewa 'prepare' food. 
Toughest work is making and cooking so many rotis. Even a guy like me can't cook few rotis for myself at home.

Many devotees are there to prepare it (male/females). :D

That looks really tasty.

When I was back in high school, we once took a field trip to the local Sikh temple in Hong Kong.

They were very open and friendly, and gave us food there as well.

They have a really great ethic of helping people.

Kitchens are not Dirty. They are well kept. I and My family visits Gurdwara regulary and we too do Sewa 'prepare' food. 

Many devotees are there to prepare it (male/females). :D

When I go to Hindu kovils, sometimes they give some milky rice to hand mixing from their hand. yuck. lol actually those meals are belong to god?

I do undestand the community spirit behind this, but it's also hard to deny that many people indeed need the daily free meals to survive.

Also, community spirit doesn not have to be organised by religion. There are so many other non-religious organisations in the world that support community works. We have a small restaurant with excellent food in the city that survives on donation because the patrons just pay as much as they want and plenty many poor families who can't afford to give their kids or themselves a treat once in a while just go there to have a fab meal and pay nothing. There you have the well to do white collar guests paying top price sitting next to the family on welfare paying nothing and everybody is happy.

I do undestand the community spirit behind this, but it's also hard to deny that many people indeed need the daily free meals to survive.

Also, community spirit doesn not have to be organised by religion. There are so many other non-religious organisations in the world that support community works. We have a small restaurant with excellent food in the city that survives on donation because the patrons just pay as much as they want and plenty many poor families who can't afford to give their kids or themselves a treat once in a while just go there to have a fab meal and pay nothing. There you have the well to do white collar guests paying top price sitting next to the family on welfare paying nothing and everybody is happy.

Though it takes place in a religious place..it is still open to ppl irrespective of religion..
I see their intent is to rise above all differences (including religion) when they feed the visitors.
I have seen gurudwaras only on TV as there aren't many in this part of the country but still I feel welcomed, and they are not going to gift, or force their holy book on me for feeding me ....

It doesn't look bad at all. Imagine cooking for 100,000 people and the mess it makes. The boilers and pots look well used, not unsanitary. Some of my best cast iron woks look like crap no matter how much you wash it but is still the best in the house after decades of use.

It doesn't look bad at all. Imagine cooking for 100,000 people and the mess it makes. The boilers and pots look well used, not unsanitary. Some of my best cast iron woks look like crap no matter how much you wash it but is still the best in the house after decades of use.

For a kitchen that feeds 100,000 people a day it actually looks surprisingly clean.

Even feeding a small group of 5-6 people creates a big mess, I can't imagine the organizational requirements of feeding 100k people daily.

Do you have anything positive to offer other than comparison or whining?? Does langar served in Gurudwara or in Mandir has any different purpose?? Have your any post make any sense?? Does this thread makes any claim that It is showing anything new?? You all fanatic morons f*** off!!!!!!!!!

I did share news about Akshaya Patra serving 13 Lakh children daily & Tirupati temple serving as much people everyday. I think that is pretty positive.

Do you have anything positive to offer other than bitching and comparison or whining ?

You are a fanatic moron with a massive inferiority complex. Get help. 

It wold be best if the world does not have nuclear bombs and war too so that everyone can live in peace. It would be best if the world does not have nations and boundaries and people have complete freedom. Don't you agree ? 
When I go to Hindu kovils, sometimes they give some milky rice to hand mixing from their hand. yuck. lol actually those meals are belong to god?

If its so yuck why do you go and take that ? ...... it shows either your are greedy or stupid. Which is it ?

Can foreigners come?
Looks like a worthwhile experience.

There is a massive Vietnamese pho restaurant in Sydney where people eat from the same looking massive bowls and pretty much the same noodle soup. There is something fantastic about communal eating, especially when everyone is eating the same thing.
No :whistle:

Every Gurudwara in the world offers langar "free food". Every soul is welcomed in a Gurudwara.

Rule of thumb says if you are in deep trouble,need of accommodation and food look for the nearest Gurudwara.

Back
Top Bottom