What's new

In India 7 yrs in jail for eating beef; cops can raid on mere suspicion

the majority is free to follow its belief, but it shouldn't be imposing the rules on the minority.

Things can't work like that ill give u one example if a Muslim man in MP or Gujarat wanted to kill and eat a cow do you think Hindus will let him? have you been to the hindi belt before? the answer is no they will not

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Looks like i have to avoid that state, i am a serial meat eater. Good on India to ban eating cow. India is predominantly Muslim and that state more so, so if the locals decide that cow slaughtering should be banned then so be it, after all it is a democracy.

Wise words but be free to come to Goa or Kerala and eat beef like I did :D

Hijab is not just a safety issue if that was the case why ban the Sikh turban or the crucifix also?. Cow is a sacred animal for many do you understand this? now the state which has the ban is Madhya pradesh which holds 92% Hindus and is in the hindi belt where Lord Krishna is very popular if you google Vaishnav/Iskcon you will see that for them the cow is very important.

Let me break this down for you since you don't seem to understand what I am saying to you.

1) Let's stop bringing up France, this is completely off topic from the point of the thread.

2) I understand the cow is a sacred animal in the Hindu religion. I've already stated this several times.

3) I could care less how many people are Hindus in that area of India. Banning people from doing something as a consequence of your personal beliefs is not only wrong, it is the first part of religious extremism and government religious involvement, both of which are catastrophically terrible things.

Anytime that the gov't and religion are mixed and the laws are made, it always ends up in disaster. Look at the United States in the early 1900s and the Klu Klux Klan. The majority of the Southern United States was Christian, lots of religious based laws were drafted and put into practice, it ended up to be a big disaster. Some of the fun side effects included lynchings, prohibition, segregation, mandatory closings of business's on Sunday, etc. The United States, Israel, Britain, etc have all learned from this lesson and moved on. India needs to take notice and do the same if it hopes to move forward.

:rofl: yap please dont kill me i will not eat meat :rofl:

You better be a good boy :devil: otherwise ill be forced to give you some cow special juice :rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Let me break this down for you since you don't seem to understand what I am saying to you.

1) Let's stop bringing up France, this is completely off topic from the point of the thread.

2) I understand the cow is a sacred animal in the Hindu religion. I've already stated this several times.

3) I could care less how many people are Hindus in that area of India. Banning people from doing something as a consequence of your personal beliefs is not only wrong, it is the first part of religious extremism and government religious involvement, both of which are catastrophically terrible things.

Anytime that the gov't and religion are mixed and the laws are made, it always ends up in disaster. Look at the United States in the early 1900s and the Klu Klux Klan. The majority of the Southern United States was Christian, lots of religious based laws were drafted and put into practice, it ended up to be a big disaster. Some of the fun side effects included lynchings, prohibition, segregation, mandatory closings of business's on Sunday, etc. The United States, Israel, Britain, etc have all learned from this lesson and moved on. India needs to take notice and do the same if it hopes to move forward.

Point 2 not only for Hindus but for Buddhist/Jains/Zorastrians also

Point 3 so you rather there be riots? and lead to deaths? because that might be the end result

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

If we never even let Mcdonalds serve cow meat you think we care what outsiders think?

This is Asia not the West we do things that is best for us and that is to live in peace for the greater good

You better be a good boy :devil: otherwise ill be forced to give you some cow special juice :rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Point 2 not only for Hindus but for Buddhist/Jains/Zorastrians also

Point 3 so you rather there be riots? and lead to deaths? because that might be the end result

2) Were we ever discussing Jainism or Zoroastrianism?

3) So what you are saying is that the peaceful Hindu religion that does not kill cows is going to kill people if they don't get things their way? Do you see a problem here? I certainly do.

2) Were we ever discussing Jainism or Zoroastrianism?

3) So what you are saying is that the peaceful Hindu religion that does not kill cows is going to kill people if they don't get things their way? Do you see a problem here? I certainly do.

Hindu religion and I have stated it is not just for Hindus how many more times I have to repeat it?

No religion teaches violence but like every country we have our share of religious nuts Israel should know :azn:

Now let me ask you a question do you know who the Bajrang dal are? nope of course you don't but one of their main priorities is to prevent cow slaughter so would you like to see them cause riots and end up being a muslim/hindu thing?

Even Indian muslims understand this thats why they issued a fatwa:

The Hindu : News / National : Avoid cow slaughter: Deoband

Leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband on Sunday appealed Muslims to avoid cow slaughter on Eid al-Adha in states where it has been banned as a mark of respect for the feelings of Hindus.

Vice-Chancellor of the Darul Uloom, Maulana Abul Kasim Naumani said, “as a mark of respect for the feelings of Hindus, the seminary has asked Muslims in the country to avoid cow slaughter on the occasion of Eid al-Adha tomorrow.”

A book has been brought out by the seminary on the concept of ‘qurbani’ (sacrifice) associated with the festival and this appeal has been made in it, he told PTI.

The Maulana clarified that the appeal was meant for Muslims in states which has banned cow slaughter.

He also asked Muslims to cooperate with the sanitary department for the cleanliness drive during the festival.

Things can't work like that ill give u one example if a Muslim man in MP or Gujarat wanted to kill and eat a cow do you think Hindus will let him? have you been to the hindi belt before? the answer is no they will not

religious intolerance much? I guess you're ok when taliban kills girls when they want to go to school.

religious intolerance much? I guess you're ok when taliban kills girls when they want to go to school.

Im being honest from what I have seen and experianced from my time in India in the hindi speaking belt. This is not about my own view but what I feel would be best for India and lead to communal harmony why else do cows wonder everywhere if you can kill it? is it that simple

Im being honest from what I have seen and experianced from my time in India in the hindi speaking belt. This is not about my own view but what I feel would be best for India and lead to communal harmony why else do cows wonder everywhere if you can kill it? is it that simple

is it written anywhere in your scripture not to eat cow meat , can you quote any reference?

I'm not discounting your experience, we have a long way to go when it comes to religious tolerance. Especially in rural areas.
Like I said before, education and economy can do wonders. Hopefully we will pass through this phase just like developed countries did.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

is it written anywhere in your scripture not to eat cow meat , can you quote any reference?

not such thing in our books. just a widely held perception.

I'm not discounting your experience, we have a long way to go when it comes to religious tolerance. Especially in rural areas.
Like I said before, education and economy can do wonders. Hopefully we will pass through this phase just like developed countries did.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Forget rural areas even in towns and cities you will find cows wondering around so are you telling me you have the balls to go kill one? i dare you :D

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

yes it is in the Gita but not only cow but all meat

you think its good just to follow a perception which don't have any written evidence ?

(if about all meat then why ban only cow ?)

Alcohol-drinking, Fish, Meat eating, aasava consumption – these are not present in Vedas. These have been propagated by fraud people. They have fraudulently added these uncontrolled, reckless, atheist descriptions in our texts. -Mahabharata, Shantiparva 265.9.4

Back
Top Bottom