What's new

In Future we should get Gripen NG for our AF

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. NG's flight hour cost will be more than current Gripen. Although engine is more fuel efficient but don't confuse that it will consume lesser fuel than current one; on the other hand it will give more power than per unit of fuel consumption. So engine can be more fuel hungry. And may be more complex.

Except the engine there are also other things which demands more care from user, especially in avionics front. NG will use more versatile avionics than current model. So over all NG flight hour cost surely much higher, may be in multiple of current.

NG structure is redesign for heavier payload, which also wants more monitoring & maintenance from current versions.

SAAB told <5000 USD

lol Hahahahahhahahaha

LETS FACE LCA Started in 1990 Its been more then 2 decades its not operational highest service celling to date is 11000 Ft while JF-17 does 55000 or so
their Bara-h-mouse is still not deployable on any platform

The Base is well above 11000ft... I never knew the level of stupidity has gone to such levels there in Pakistan.

bBsrcmx.jpg

BTW I would like to know the the superplane JF-17 has got a basic thing such as HMS/HMD for its pilot.

LcA does not have that hms/hmd and check the cold weather testing on lca on their Website you will know what i am talking about
and LCA is much better then JF-thunder If that makes you happy and sleep better at night my friend
"thank You Come again"

A very expensive plane.

On another note, the Swedes typically do not easily supply such powerful systems to volatile 3rd world countries. And what's more, it runs on an American engine.

As far as cost goes, the government cancelled the $500 million deal for 8 additional MiG-29s. Likely to have been M1/M2 variants.

A very expensive plane.

On another note, the Swedes typically do not easily supply such powerful systems to volatile 3rd world countries. And what's more, it runs on an American engine.

As far as cost goes, the government cancelled the $500 million deal for 8 additional MiG-29s. Likely to have been M1/M2 variants.

Expensive because it will give us good and advanched hardware-software, worlds lowest maintain-service cost and better operate life, that Russian wount give us. Our GOVT is a very bad when choosing military supplier. You can take example from our MIG-29s only 4 can fly other 4 out of service cause of high maintain and service cost. Gripen NG is good for our needs and military experts might recommand this of our AF.

Exporting Gripen NG to us is SAABs problem we give them our specification and money they give us ACs. Sweden does not sensor too much like USA-Russia and USA may not veto on engine because, they want a strong relation with us.

We have to arrange money to add Gripen NG in our AF. :cheers:

Dont go with that. Even f16 blk 52 fly hour cost compare to it older version is nearly double.

If SAAB and its partners can make a efficient AC in 1983 then they can make more effecient AC in 2013. Technology improves isn't it?

USA never focused on efficiency. Do they?

If SAAB and its partners can make a efficient AC in 1983 then they can make more effecient AC in 2013. Technology improves isn't it?

You didn't get it my friend. NG surely have lesser fly cost compare to its gen planes like F35/Rafale/Typhiin/mig29/even Chines conteroarts, but it would be higher than older gen plane. They made a very low cost fighter in 83, but if we see that Gripen's fly hour cost is pretty high compare to its most 2-3 gen plane.

You didn't get it my friend. NG surely have lesser fly cost compare to its gen planes like F35/Rafale/Typhiin/mig29/even Chines conteroarts, but it would be higher than older gen plane. They made a very low cost fighter in 83, but if we see that Gripen's fly hour cost is pretty high compare to its most 2-3 gen plane.

Ok now I got you Bro. Well Gripen A/B fly hour cost is 2000+USD and Gripen NG E/F fly hour cost will be 4700+ USD.

Flying cost/hr. is unique to each individual end-user nation.

Those given cost/hr. numbers on the Internet don't mean much to be honest.

Sure they do.

Flying cost/hr. is unique to each individual end-user nation.

Those given cost/hr. numbers on the Internet don't mean much to be honest.

Sure they do.

Gripen NG E/F will be worlds most cost efficient 4+/4++ Fighter AC.

I dont know there are any efficiant engine were made by USA. Most efficient engines are made by Japan, China, S.Korea.

I dont know there are any efficiant engine were made by USA. Most efficient engines are made by Japan, China, S.Korea.

Um.....no :lol:

oh my am i reading this.... china,s.korea etc don't have capability to made Engine yet... chinese are working on it...:rofl::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
please share technical stuff not just statement..... speak about radar,avionics, RCS, Payload, EW suites...

You might right! if a good GOVT come into power, they must buy Gripen NG. We can only hope. :undecided:

hahaha you don't understand what i mean do you? Even the power exchange happen.... gripen stands in last row .... anyways i thought to quit this thread... but really funny thing going on here.... so i deleted my post...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom