What's new

Imran Khan: If elected, we’ll create an Islamic welfare state

Naked isnt a constant, it's a variable
for example talibans flogged woman when by mistake her ankle showed - so I'm afraid that kind of naked might be in your mind
Otherwise, atleast bikini should be tolerated

You're a dude. That comment proves it xD
Anyway, the government should have no role in what we wear, however, the Taliban is not the government, what they do is not what the government does

But Imran Khan's appeal to the educated middle class also includes his proud embrace of an Islamic identity -- it's not just for the religious poor. The liberal fascists, as we call them, in Pakistan have swallowed the Western caricature of equating "Islamic" with extremist. They are so ashamed of their identity and desperate for Western approval, they cringe with shame every time a Pakistani wears a hijab or has a beard or says the word "Allah hafiz". They are the opposite extreme of the religious extremists, and Imran Khan has sensed the pulse of the nation to steer a middle course between these two extremist groups.

I'll give you a non-Islamic example that we can both identify with. As you know, we eat with our hands. This is our culture, our tradition, and nobody thinks twice about it. When some south Asians go to the West, they feel they have to use cutlery at every occasion and must never use their hands. Watching these hapless souls is always fun. After some time, people realize how silly this is and there is nothing wrong to use our traditions proudly, even in the finest Indian restaurant. (Obviously you wouldn't eat spaghetti with the hands.)
But hijab and allah hafiz ARE new things, they are innovations foreign to us. So we have every right to protect our identity.
Also what exactly is your efinition of hijab? The weird arab head scarf or the afghan burka or the wahabbi niqab?

You're a dude. That comment proves it xD
Anyway, the government should have no role in what we wear, however, the Taliban is not the government, what they do is not what the government does
I didnt mean it with the wrong intention, seriously I am not perverted :(

But hijab and allah hafiz ARE new things, they are innovations foreign to us. So we have every right to protect our identity.
Also what exactly is your efinition of hijab? The weird arab head scarf or the afghan burka or the wahabbi niqab?

Just a covering of the hair on the ehad.

Some women even go far as putting a little piece of cloth on their nose, and only the eye balls are visible.

Now that is wrong, but it is their choice.

Here in Dubai, women in skirts and little dresses go alongside Hijabs. Nobody has any problem, but in Pakistan, rioting starts, why?

Quick question. How does the fact that Imran Khan called it an Islamic welfare state make any difference to you?

Imran khan's statement would create a lot of misunderstandings especially in the west. At first , i thought that secular nature will be sacrificed in pakistan. But,my pak bros here has cleared my misunderstandings. Misunderstandings of west means more hatred towards pakistan and islam,means more tension. When there is tension in neighbourhood,won't it bother me?

Some women even go far as putting a little piece of cloth on their nose, and only the eye balls are visible.

Here in Dubai, women in skirts and little dresses go alongside Hijabs. Nobody has any problem, but in Pakistan, rioting starts, why?
Atually in Pakistan if you wear a lose shirt and pant people will get angry and call you a slut, but if you wear super tight shirt(egyptian style) and skinnys but cover your head they wont mind

"Now that is wrong, but it is their choice." - that is your opinion, freedom of religion. You're a bit to arabized :P

No, people will live the same if it was secular or Islamic, the Quran never says to interfere in the minorities life or oppress them

Yes, it does not.

So, what is the problem then calling it a Islamic welfare state?

I used to live in Dubai and I agree with that assessment. People in Hijabs are the ones who gave their little bf's some privileges (You can guess) in the washroom.
Clothes have nothing to do with morality or religiousness

I've lived in dubai, believe me the hijab-ed arabs are far more slutty and whoreish than shalwar kameez Pakistanis who dont cover their head

Atually in Pakistan if you wear a lose shirt and pant people will get angry and call you a slut, but if you wear super tight shirt(egyptian style) and skinnys but cover your head they wont mind

"Now that is wrong, but it is their choice." - that is your opinion, freedom of religion. You're a bit to arabized :P

Exactly what you said in the above paragraph.

And tell them one time, two times, then stop. No need to go around killing them. Their choice.

Just before anyone focuses on the word "Islamic" one day before he was asked if he would allow women to wear what they want...

"PTI aurton ke kapron pe interfere nahi karegi".

Also in the speech he specifically mentioned that the country would treat everyone with equality regardless of race and religion.

The emphasis is on welfare.

Asim
An islamic welfare state can be formed without the need for women to be told what to wear. The problem is the speed at which he can do it and I think the rest of the change will come gradually . As to a full islamic state, that in my view is not possible through the ballot as implementation of the rules of Quran and Sunnah are not subservient to the parlianment rather the other way. That means choosing people who know about islamic Fiqh and jurisprudence and formulate laws in accordance with them, and such peole can never be elected through this system. They will have to be head hunted.
My only reason to doubt what he says is that he has no experience of political setup and the ins and outs of political wranglings. I fear that his inexperience will be his main weakness mainly on the international arena. How is he going to deal with the white giant sitting next door and the little black and green goons who run around all over the country blowing themselves up?
The other piece of unrealistic jingoism is rooting out corruption in 90 days. You have to be pretty drunk to believe that. He has a long struggle ahead of him, and perils as he will get adverse outcomes when he rubs people the wrong way. I wish him the best. People really are so desperate they will actually choose him to give him a chance rather than rely on PMLN or PPP.
Araz

I've lived in dubai, believe me the hijab-ed arabs are far more slutty and whoreish than shalwar kameez Pakistanis who dont cover their head

Yes.

A reason for that is because Hijab, or covering of the head is not because of Islam or true values, it is because of their culture.

Jeans, and tight shirts , but with a hijab. SHowing their assets, but a hijab.

Back
Top Bottom