What's new

Imran Khan ‘convinced’ Kayani on phased pullout from FATA

I was in Karachi when pak army went gun blazing in 1990s. They didn't talk to anyone.
In balouchistan they kidnap and kill separatists. No Negotiations. The thing is why Imran khan so naïve? if like you say there are diff groups then how do we know that those that don't want to disarm will now takeover more areas if pak army is gone.

And I don't care what the US does.

IK says military operation or force shud be da last option,he dint deny its importance ok....he is being intelligent n civilized by asking to first hav sincere talks with them because it never happend before......

you too are being xtremist n voilent by suggesting only military opertaion n force against them....there are ways to deal with these matters....

IK says military operation or force shud be da last option,he dint deny its importance ok....he is being intelligent n civilized by asking to first hav sincere talks with them because it never happend before......

you too are being xtremist n voilent by suggesting only military opertaion n force against them....there are ways to deal with these matters....

I am not extremist or violent yet. I've lost countless relatives against these so called talibans. I haven't gone and kill any Taliban sympathiser yet. But tell me something, If suicide bombings are a reaction to the drone strikes, then am I not justified in giving a reaction to the Taliban for killing my people?

That's why i'm saying the army should do go and do an operation and not not leave it to the likes of me. because then I wont really care about collateral damage. you get the picture?

I agree with him. His last statement was much more well planned out and articulated. Talk to those who want to talk, and hammer those that do not.

yes n this is da only decent way to deal with it otherwise What US wants to do in Syria right now by being only forecful and showing no leniency to the matter,then what difference wud be then between us and them? and we critisize alot on US policies!

So I guess the people who support "peace" talks with the Taliban are the ones who haven't lost relatives to them barbarians? what about those of us who lost people to them? are we not Pakistanis? im talking about the 40k people here..

I am not extremist or violent yet. I've lost countless relatives against these so called talibans. I haven't gone and kill any Taliban sympathiser yet. But tell me something, If suicide bombings are a reaction to the drone strikes, then am I not justified in giving a reaction to the Taliban for killing my people?

That's why i'm saying the army should do go and do an operation and not not leave it to the likes of me. because then I wont really care about collateral damage. you get the picture?

those who are not willing to stop attacking us or civilians,shud be stopped then by force but before that some other steps shud be taken....cuz its not easy to go into such operations n then hoping then they wud end any time soon...theres lot put into it....not just money but several lifes of soldiers n civilians,military equipments,lands etc etc

those who are not willing to stop attacking us or civilians,shud be stopped then by force but before that some other steps shud be taken....cuz its not easy to go into such operations n then hoping then they wud end any time soon...theres lot put into it....not just money but several lifes of soldiers n civilians,military equipments,lands etc etc

You didn't answer my question, if we follow Imran khan's logic about suicide bombings as a reaction to drone strikes, am I not in the right to attack all those people who claim to be Taliban and their sympathisers?

So I guess the people who support "peace" talks with the Taliban are the ones who haven't lost relatives to them barbarians? what about those of us who lost people to them? are we not Pakistanis? im talking about the 40k people here..

and what abt those civilians who died in this war? their families n lands were also destroyed n there 100% chances that any few members left of those civilians can turn into xtremists in revenge to these operations n drone strikes....which is more dangerous....u need to look deep into da matter n shud understand what IK is tryin to xplain that kill the symptoms n reasons not the tools....

You didn't answer my question, if we follow Imran khan's logic about suicide bombings as a reaction to drone strikes, am I not in the right to attack all those people who claim to be Taliban and their sympathisers?

no cuz then u too wud be following their line of xtremism....there wudnt be any difference between u n them then....both using force but no talks!

and what abt those civilians who died in this war? their families n lands were also destroyed n there 100% chances that any few members left of those civilians can turn into xtremists in revenge to these operations n drone strikes....which is more dangerous....u need to look deep into da matter n shud understand what IK is tryin to xplain that kill the symptoms n reasons not the tools....

100 times more civilians/soldiers died in attacks by the Taliban then the drone strikes? did you know that? I'm talking about them. Do their relatives have the right to fight against the Taliban?

yes n this is da only decent way to deal with it otherwise What US wants to do in Syria right now by being only forecful and showing no leniency to the matter,then what difference wud be then between us and them? and we critisize alot on US policies!

At the same time, playing hugs and kisses with the Taliban is not the policy. Especially not for those whose sons were run over by pickup trucks, beheaded like goats and so on. It just depends on how much as your life been affected by these elements. For eg, someone who did not lose a business to the current financial crises may be less than inclined to hate the PPP government than one who did. So unless you feel that loss, just as many Americans who did not lose their loved ones in Iraq fighting for a cause.. the level of accepting such men as valid members of our society is different.

It is not until your sisters or daughters are picked up by such men and married off under "Sharia" does the feeling hit home. Consequently, it is also not possible to convince a person who lost their loved ones when a Hellfire missle blew them up while they unluckily shared a mosque with a Taliban leader to forgive and forget the US Government and sing Kumbaya.

What is needed is a policy that looks for both targeted appeasement against those who seem willing to lay down arms and completely abandon their ways in return for guaranteed livelihoods.. or targeted, no mercy, no quarter given kill operations to those that do not agree to the bold.

100 times more civilians/soldiers died in attacks by the Taliban then the drone strikes? did you know that? I'm talking about them. Do their relatives have the right to fight against the Taliban?

oh comm on,read to what recently IK said abt it.....these ppl were first ur HEROS in Afghan vs Russia war....u ppl first groomed them,encouraged them used them for ur motives then when US wanted to go against them,u ppl too went against them obeying US blindly like real losers n beggers.....

why did u have to do such hypocrisy n adopt such double standards if now you care so much of the lifes of ur ppl being lost in their hands...

peley sochna tha na! :meeting: ab bugto :P

Stupid move if true.

Army when entered FATA they were welcomed by people.

Lets make permanent cantonments in FATA and use the army for development there.

TTP must be fought out and phased out rapidly. TTP is no friend to anyone.

Yet army is in the mood of pulling out from FATA , how disappointed are you?
Army's conveys and check posts are ambushed and raided on daily basis in FATA and you want army cantts there? Wazirs have told me that faujis in miranshah dont come out of FC fort of fear, what good will be cantontments therd?

At the same time, playing hugs and kisses with the Taliban is not the policy. Especially not for those whose sons were run over by pickup trucks, beheaded like goats and so on. It just depends on how much as your life been affected by these elements. For eg, someone who did not lose a business to the current financial crises may be less than inclined to hate the PPP government than one who did. So unless you feel that loss, just as many Americans who did not lose their loved ones in Iraq fighting for a cause.. the level of accepting such men as valid members of our society is different.

It is not until your sisters or daughters are picked up by such men and married off under "Sharia" does the feeling hit home. Consequently, it is also not possible to convince a person who lost their loved ones when a Hellfire missle blew them up while they unluckily shared a mosque with a Taliban leader to forgive and forget the US Government and sing Kumbaya.

What is needed is a policy that looks for both targeted appeasement against those who seem willing to lay down arms and completely abandon their ways in return for guaranteed livelihoods.. or targeted, no mercy, no quarter given kill operations to those that do not agree to the bold.

sorry but our own wrong policies in the past in Afghan/Russia/US /Pakistan disputes are reasons to where we are today....we are no angels and never been so in this conflict! we ahve to admit our past mistakes....

sorry but our own wrong policies in the past in Afghan/Russia/US /Pakistan disputes are reasons to where we are today....we are no angels and never been so in this conflict! we ahve to admit our past mistakes....

If admitting past mistakes solves problems, Then we would have Kashmir, balochistan would be providing us lots of minerals instead of a torched ziarat residency,There would be zero extremism in Pakistan and our economy would be blossoming.. and I would be a Helicopter pilot flying relief missions across central asia. But that doesn't seem to work for most people. Admitting past mistakes does not mean you make new ones by using them as an excuse.

Agreeing to negotiate with Terrorists is different from negotiating with disenchanted tribesmen. Just recently one pro government militant commander was beheaded today.. will you offer the same consolation to his family? that they should be ready to hug and marry their daughters into the militant ranks?

For more than 10 years the entire country has been dithering while more than 50,000 people have lost their lives and the entire country's economy and reputation is going down the drain. We talk, we fight, we talk some more, what has been the end result?

Isn't it time for the country to finally decide whether these groups are their friends thereby making peace or surrender to them and adopting their way of life or whether these groups are in fact their enemy and thereby wholeheartedly wage a war to defeat and subdue them, once and for all.

The country must decide whether it wants to be the Islamic Caliphate of Pakistan or the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom