What's new

Imran agrees to work with Sharif on 'major issues'.

IK must realize he can achieve much more and bring at least some changes that he had hoped for if he ties up with PML-N. Working from inside is far better than from the outside in the system Pakistan politics is in.

well sir they better get their hands on oil, cause we would start lashing quite soon enough !! :D

@Awesome

Our Godfathers have shown Imranism its auqaat. Phaddas is all we are going to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
On foreign policy alone, I foresee immediate and lasting phada.

Such as...? The Saudi influence might increase under N so will the Amreeki Ghulami thing persist, but other than that, I dont see much.

Drones ofcourse will be a big talking point in the assembly and IK is sure to make his voice heard on that issue.

There is no role to be played except opposition. Time will tell if this "work" is acquiescence or phada. When you work together you bring your own input.

On foreign policy alone, I foresee immediate and lasting phada.

Saeenjee, gustaakhi maaf, I foresee no significant changes in foreign policy, specially with USA, Middle East or India, or indeed anywhere else. Further, there will be no major economic policy shifts other than those needed to qualify for the next IMF bailout.

Such as...? The Saudi influence might increase under N so will the Amreeki Ghulami thing persist, but other than that, I dont see much.

Drones ofcourse will be a big talking point in the assembly and IK is sure to make his voice heard on that issue.

Drone policy will be all talk in the parliament, with nothing changing in reality on the ground.

Other things too... Nawaz will definitely ask for aid and now there will be at least 4 big mouths speaking against it in the NA...

1. Imran Khan
2. Hashmi
3. SMQ
4. Sheikh Rasheed

Saeenjee, gustaakhi maaf, I foresee no significant changes in foreign policy, specially with USA, Middle East or India, or indeed anywhere else. Further, there will be no major economic policy shifts other than those needed to qualify for the next IMF bailout.

Drone policy will be all talk in the parliament, with nothing changing in reality on the ground.

I never said changes... I said phaday.

Change toh tab hoga na jab Imran ke paas power hogi, or if this would have been a bigger coalition government... Opposition bass shorr hi macha sakti hai.

Other things too... Nawaz will definitely ask for aid and now there will be at least 4 big mouths speaking against it in the NA...

1. Imran Khan
2. Hashmi
3. SMQ
4. Sheikh Rasheed

I never said changes... I said phaday.

Change toh tab hoga na jab Imran ke paas power hogi, or if this would have been a bigger coalition government... Opposition bass shorr hi macha sakti hai.

Good point Saeenjee. As long as the ward of words remains within parliament with dhoowaandaar takareer, there is no real phadda.

What do you call significant change?

The policy IMo will change towards Arabs and India, in short, aur choopo. In the past 3 days, he hasn't spoken of any other country except KSA and India, with a sprinkling of foolish statements as well.

What do you call significant change?

The policy IMo will change towards Arabs and India, in short, aur choopo. In the past 3 days, he hasn't spoken of any other country except KSA and India, with a sprinkling of foolish statements as well.

Significant changes may include stopping drone attacks, a wider and long term assistance plan with USA beyond 2014, energy and water security pacts etc. but I don't see any of those happening realistically speaking.

Good point Saeenjee. As long as the ward of words remains within parliament with dhoowaandaar takareer, there is no real phadda.

This is awesome view. Thanks.

Yeah. We have too much dharna/Phadda mentality that could easily spill out on the street and thus ruin the whole damn election by spreading two much $hit.

There are many losers out there who are just itching to nullify this election so that they have one more chance to try.

peace

Significant changes may include stopping drone attacks, a wider and long term assistance plan with USA beyond 2014, energy and water security pacts etc. but I don't see any of those happening realistically speaking.

One thing that is really practical for both Imran and NS is to address our need for $$$ to buy diesel or fuel oil for IPPs.

Imran has said and I have seen the slick power point slide presentations.

His experts have suggested to help convert IPPs from expensive fuels to less expensive such as coal.

China imports coal from USA and Africa and Australia for the same thing.

Why can't us.

Drones are being made much bigger issue than they are.

Have you see the drone attack frequency lately?

BTW it is rather childish to talk about drones only and not propose any solution as to the cleanup of FATA. Why do we allow goons to live and thrive there. Why do we allow it to be "Ilaqa ghair" aka not part our Pakistan.

If FATA people need our support for reducing drones attacks

-- they must offer something back. That is establishment of at least 4 new cantonments there and no more phadda bazi with our army jawans.

If this deal is not acceptable, and FATA continues to be Ilaqa ghair, then why the f we need to even talk about drones and all that $hit.

Why should Imran give all of his carefully constructed nation building policies to PMLN to implement?

It doesn't make sense, let Nawaz and Pakistan suffer for their decisions.

When the time is right, Imran can be elected in mid-term elections and finally get to work on building a nation.

This Ghadar Nawaz can go to hell along with all of his supporters.

Will give real opposition, first time in Pakistan. Imran Khan :D

This man Sheikh Rasheed Ahmed is equal to 300 matured politician . That's why PMLN made every effort to defeat him, Shahbaz sharif has organized many rallies here, Mariam Nawaz came here specially, and Nawaz sharif addressed the jalsa on 7 May in his NA55 consistency, but still Sheikh rasheed wins. He alone will manage the situation. He alone is enough, and he will raise voice against every bad work.

This is today's program.

[video]http://www.pakistantv.tv/2013/05/15/sheikh-rasheed-exclusive-interview-point-15th-2013/#sthash.xh0B64mU.vQXjjr0O.dpbs[/video]

Once we get past the bitterness of alleged/real rigging charges you may appreciate the outcome of this elections. Perhaps the best outcome with the exception of no real opposition in the Punjab assembly.
1) Imran Khan has a chance to prove himself in KPK and give a tough time in Islamabad from the Opposition benches.
2) PMLN gets to devote both federal/provincial resources for the betterment of Punjab--the largest population of Pakistan.
3) PPP/MQM coalition in Sindh: Well, the hopes are low but at least these two parties have some 'base', some 'stake' to be part of the new system. And this time they can't just get federal money just by asking so they are on-notice to perform or perish.

Now, let's hope that Nawaz Sharif is a truly reformed man and doesn't jump the gun after every little defiance by KPK and Sindh govts. Live and let live should be the motto for the next 5 years.

It is hard not to feel proud of being from Pakistan today.

Wasn't this pretty much expected?

PTi and PML in NA opposite each other is a big difference than PPP and PML.

Imran Khan has said, they will support PML in good things and core issues of the country, while stopping them and keeping them in check on negative things.

If PTi plays it's role and so does PML, it would be very good for the country.

as if IK and his lotaz cannot do any corruption or wrong things. Its their first time lol

Nawaz sharif as a PM should also have check on them

Its time for IK and his party to do some practical work

We are all fed up with these khyali pialoo he has been cooked in last four years ..

Its time to prove with actions that he is capable of doing what he been preaching and followers believing blindly in everything he promised

For all the PTI+ , PTI- , PML+, PML-.. their respective supporters have ignored something big here.
For the first time in history, two rival parties are supporting the democratic process and literally pouring cement into the country's foundations.

what foundations?

Back
Top Bottom