What's new

I'm not considered son of soil: Musharraf

Unfortunately, they have proved that they have been better when it comes to KPIs in national interest

Two unjust conflicts(65 and 99).. one broken wing.. extremism rooted deep within the country.. ruin of military professionalism..
You really must have very messed up KPIs.

1969 to 1978 is a very long time, almost a decade, similarly 1988 to 1999 is a very long time to evaluate the so called system

2008 till 2013 is also a very stable no interference time to gauge the merits of the so called system

Bhutto came in at 71.. what are 69 and 70 there for? the country was being broken up because of Ayubs policies.
Bhutto was a popular leader.. regardless of his own dictatorial wishes.. had he been deposed by the JI movements.. there would have been elections again.. except some corrupt(in every sense) dictator took over.. then came the era of Zia's children.. Yet.. it was in that era.. that major projects such as the motorway(of which Mr Musharraf shameless planted his plaque to overshadow that of Nawaz Sharif.. even though he had diddly squat input into the planning) and Atomic weapons development were undertaken of which our dear dictator took credit for.
As for your logic that the systems have had enough time to run.. look across to your east.. India's democracy took 20 years to take off. It similar amounts of corruption.. but thankfully no Jagirdar system to worry about. The system now works great... face it, you are trying to defend periods of rule in which small term profits(which are the highlight of the greedy) gave the illusion of prosperity while in reality the national fabric of this country was torn apart and any chance of actual "enlightenment" was flushed down one mans drain.

I do defend Musharraf at times. He was a in a very tough position post 9/11, actually whole of Pakistan was. Economy improved during his time, but he did not initiate any large reforms. The order of the day was, and still is, to break the general population free from the shackles of this Wadera/Feudal system, which our neighbor to the east have already done. Second, Musharraf didn't really know how to accept this way in Afghanistan and WoT and sell it to his people. He kept telling Pakistanis that this is American's war while 40,000 people died. On the other hand he kept playing double game with the Americans, while getting their finances and military aid. You can only fool someone only to a certain extent.

The final nail in his political coffin was the way he handled the chief justice case, and his support for the MQM thugs in Karachi.

Bhutto came in at 71.. what are 69 and 70 there for? the country was being broken up because of Ayubs policies.
Bhutto was a popular leader.. regardless of his own dictatorial wishes.. had he been deposed by the JI movements.. there would have been elections again.. except some corrupt(in every sense) dictator took over.. then came the era of Zia's children.. Yet.. it was in that era.. that major projects such as the motorway(of which Mr Musharraf shameless planted his plaque to overshadow that of Nawaz Sharif.. even though he had diddly squat input into the planning) and Atomic weapons development were undertaken of which our dear dictator took credit for.
As for your logic that the systems have had enough time to run.. look across to your east.. India's democracy took 20 years to take off. It similar amounts of corruption.. but thankfully no Jagirdar system to worry about. The system now works great... face it, you are trying to defend periods of rule in which small term profits(which are the highlight of the greedy) gave the illusion of prosperity while in reality the national fabric of this country was torn apart and any chance of actual "enlightenment" was flushed down one mans drain.

Have you heard of lallu Prasad Yadav? Mayawati? Do you know that people in India say that Sonia Ghandhi has billions stashed away in Swiss accounts. Even Rajiv Ghandhi was accused of taking kickbacks in Bofor Scandal.
Please dont give India as an example. If you want to give an example, that democracy works better than dictatorship than give an example of New Zealand or Norway or Australia who are three of the least corrupt countries in the world and are all democracies.

I will agree with what Hassan Nisar has written.

col2.gif
col2a.gif

Hassan Nisar- chooraha- jehmoori salateen aor Sultana Dako - Jang Columns

Last edited:
Two unjust conflicts(65 and 99).. one broken wing.. extremism rooted deep within the country.. ruin of military professionalism..
You really must have very messed up KPIs.
Blaming division of country on Ayub alone is not fair. Bhutto was very much instrumental in what we reaped in 71. Moreover, it was bureaucracy which restricted west pakistanis' entry into higher echelons of public service, creating a sense of deprivation. Just like it is being done now. Balochistan situation has been created by politicians, including baloch tribal leaders; when situation gets out of control army is called in. As that is the last entity interacting, blame goes to them. Sam happened in 71.

We have to accept all the realities rather then myopically blame single institution for all wrong doings. Country get flooded, only people in frontline are from AF. Country hit by earthquake. Only people who really go into rescue operation and rehabilitation are them; NGOs, actors, singers and anchors only make money. Law an order situation goes out of control, call army. Please learn to acknowledge what betterment they did for economy also. President of Pakistan does not study each issue on microlevels. They rely on summaries prepared for decision making. If a wrong summary is fed he is bound to take wrong decision. Especially, if he is not having his family members and relatives overseeing all the departments.

I think all those who were on side left him . Specially todays HC argument is very insulting for him. Seem very broken heart. Nawaz taking special interest in his case and making sure that he should appear in court today..........PMLn and its vendetta ....

I think all those who were on side left him . Specially todays HC argument is very insulting for him. Seem very broken heart. Nawaz taking special interest in his case and making sure that he should appear in court today..........PMLn and its vendetta ....
Very unfortunate. If he is to be tried for treason it should be from 1999 and all those who abetted or supported or endorsed him should be tried, if not then this is political victimisation; escpecially, when imposition of emergency was on the advice of Prime Minister, who is constitutionally authorised to do that.

If Army does not take stand, rest assured they will be made and treated like a chawkidar.
@batmannow

Well when was the last time a Punjabi general was dragged through courts with the media demanding blood? Why do you think Nawaz sheriff was saved and Bhutto hanged? Why do you think Ayub khan was let off with a slap on the wrist? And yahya Khan? General Niazi? I could go on and on..

Well when was the last time a Punjabi general was dragged through courts with the media demanding blood? Why do you think Nawaz sheriff was saved and Bhutto hanged? Why do you think Ayub khan was let off with a slap on the wrist? And yahya Khan? General Niazi? I could go on and on..
Oh my God - you may be asking for trouble :undecided:

True that - history is testifies to that. But what do you think Musharraf will get? Lifeterm/Noose/etc?

The shariff cartel want to hang Musharraf because he stopped their plan of making Nawaz sharif the amirul momineen. I personally want to see Musharraf awarded Hilal-i-Jurat, Sitara-i-Jurat and Tamgha-i-Jurat for his outstanding achievements in keeping a tab on terrorism. That's probably just me though...

The shariff cartel want to hang Musharraf because he stopped their plan of making Nawaz sharif the amirul momineen. I personally want to see Musharraf awarded Hilal-i-Jurat, Sitara-i-Jurat and Tamgha-i-Jurat for his outstanding achievements in keeping a tab on terrorism. That's probably just me though...
Lets pray that he recovers out of his health issues. He is the only one who did not have any financial corruption charges after him and only one who says Pakistan first.
I do not agree with idea of he contesting elections for MNA or even for PM. If at all he should be running for President again.
@batmannow

Back
Top Bottom