What's new

If we have $13 billion, can we spend $1 billion for our military?

civilized europe developed in this way during colonial age robbing south asia africa and completely exterminating australia america!! It doesn't work anymore...

It still works in the ME. US military power gets them oil, no?

It still works in the ME. US military power gets them oil, no?

Yeah thats an exception for a hyper power. China, India, Russia have huge military but without having an positive effect on their economy! That threshold level is very high for BD.

Invest in your local defense industry.

that is the absolute need of the hour for Bangladesh i mean South Korea with just 38,000 sq mi has such an robust defense industries, Bangladesh with over 56,000 sq mi could have done a'lot in this field, specially during the military dominated era 1975-1996 considering the help it got from the GCC it could have utilized its gulf war participation rewards had the army not been busy building houses, cars etc those funds could have very well been directed to help established a local defense industries we try to blame awami league a'lot & rightfully so, its an anti-state party no doubt but the fact remain is that when the nationalist forces (BNP-ARMY etc) which i staunchly support from a Pakistani perspective were in power they did let a'lot of opportunity pass by thanks to corruption

Yeah thats an exception for a hyper power. China, India, Russia have huge military but without having an positive effect on their economy! That threshold level is very high for BD.

Yes it's unrealistic for BD to rob other countries at gunpoint. But a large economy without a strong military is an unprotected treasure chest. If more hydrocarbon resources are discovered in the disputed areas of the sea, guess what we're up against?

It's not like Indian Navy's gonna wait till our economy grows, we buy a not-too-shitty submarine in 2019 and some modern (a very misused term in BD) frigates/destroyers in 2030, lol.

As luffy mentioned in some other thread, I'd like to see our military spending go up to 2.5% of our GDP. It's not too much to ask for, with so much at stake!

that is the absolute need of the hour for Bangladesh i mean South Korea with just 38,000 sq mi has such an robust defense industries, Bangladesh with over 56,000 sq mi could have done a'lot in this field, specially during the military dominated era 1975-1996 considering the help it got from the GCC it could have utilized its gulf war participation rewards had the army not been busy building houses, cars etc those funds could have very well directed to help established a local defense industries we try to blame awami league a'lot & rightfully so, its an anti-state part no doubt but the fact remain is that when the nationalist forces (BNP-ARMY etc) which i staunchly support from a Pakistani perspective were in power they did let a'lot of opportunity pass by thanks to corruption

By nature there are three type of humans, Male, Females and Politicians and it's universal. Anyway, If you ask me i will say for few more years BD must focus on economy and try to diversify it and also work more on diplomatic relations. Once you are in Arms than you will start facing pressure on economic front and you should be strong enough to counter & survive.

Bro, do you think criminals and illegal traders only Born in Bangladesh. And India have worlds most honest ppls:taz:

i expect my govt to take responsibility and jail the criminals involved in illegal activities, i don't blame others when my own people are involved in criminal activities,but in the case of Bangladesh, you blame BSF,but you never even question those Bangladeshis involved in criminal activities, and you never question what your army or border guards are doing at border, are they not trying to stop the illegal trade? your army or border guards have failed to stop illegal trade, then why put the blame on BSF for trying to stop this illegal trade?

...and you never question what your army or border guards are doing at border, are they not trying to stop the illegal trade? your army or border guards have failed to stop illegal trade, then why put the blame on BSF for trying to stop this illegal trade?

How does the army come into play here? If the army were deployed, both criminals and BSF would cease to exist. :P

Enough to take over NE and Calcutta.. We dont have interest beyond RajMahal Hills... We consider this part is ours... :D

Greater bangladesh. Hahaha.

On topic-no, u shouldn't. It is tad too high. Maybe half a billion.

Our foreign reserve well exceeds our external national debts, and not to mention $30 billions worth of Gold reserves of the government.

Either you're trolling or having trouble grasping the idea of foreign reserves.

Talking bollocks is a defining character that distinguishes Indians from people from other nations:

India's external debt up 5.8 % at over $365 bn at end-September 2012

domain-b.com : India's external debt up 5.8 % at over $365 bn at end-September 2012

Foreign exchange reserves swell $484.2 mn, to $295 bn

Foreign exchange reserves swell $484.2 mn, to $295 bn - Business Today

Last edited by a moderator:
i expect my govt to take responsibility and jail the criminals involved in illegal activities, i don't blame others when my own people are involved in criminal activities,but in the case of Bangladesh, you blame BSF,but you never even question those Bangladeshis involved in criminal activities, and you never question what your army or border guards are doing at border, are they not trying to stop the illegal trade? your army or border guards have failed to stop illegal trade, then why put the blame on BSF for trying to stop this illegal trade?

BSF trying to stop illigal border trade? They must kill Indian traders also then illigal trade will fully stop.:sniper:

Yes it's unrealistic for BD to rob other countries at gunpoint. But a large economy without a strong military is an unprotected treasure chest. If more hydrocarbon resources are discovered in the disputed areas of the sea, guess what we're up against?

It's not like Indian Navy's gonna wait till our economy grows, we buy a not-too-shitty submarine in 2019 and some modern (a very misused term in BD) frigates/destroyers in 2030, lol.

As luffy mentioned in some other thread, I'd like to see our military spending go up to 2.5% of our GDP. It's not too much to ask for, with so much at stake!

If lot hydrocarbon resources are discovered in the disputed areas of the Bay of bangal then we need more Naval abd Air power to protect them.

If lot hydrocarbon resources are discovered in the disputed areas of the Bay of bangal then we need more Naval abd Air power to protect them.

Protect them from what? The beast the Indian navy will be in the future? Good luck.

You should spend $10 billion.

For you to have any chance of credible detterence against India you need to spend in the range of 6-10 Billion dollars every year. This is similar amount Pakistan spends on its millitary. Now that is only 6-10% of your GDP. 2.5% won't get you anything.

Waise what is stopping super dooper, developed country like Bangladesh from spending 10 billions on defence every year. A small country like Japan also spends 50 billion. It should be peanuts for you right?

Back
Top Bottom