What's new

Identity Crisis

Falconer

New Recruit

Reaction score
we are facing a cultural attack in result of that we are suffering with identity crisis. a star plus genration is created who r not pakstani nor indian who r not westren nor eastren . we need to fight this situation coz i really think this is creating disruption n frustration among our genration .
plz do share ur views:tup:

I suggest you watch/listen Farzana Sheikh on youtube on the "identity crisis" topic, if you haven't already done so. You might also want to listen to Tarek Fatah (not sure if I spelled him correctly), again on you tube.

we are facing a cultural attack in result of that we are suffering with identity crisis. a star plus genration is created who r not pakstani nor indian who r not westren nor eastren . we need to fight this situation coz i really think this is creating disruption n frustration among our genration .
plz do share ur views:tup:

i really support ban on indian channels, also what our media is doing just to earn their daily bread is to display absurd clothings in TV dramas, i remember that back in 90s the women news casters used to wear scarf but now the entire things have changed, they try to imitate the indians which is both hilarious and a joke. what kind of country adopts other countrys stuff and esp indian hindu culture???? thats why we made carved out pakistan to imitate them??? there should be strict rules to avoid any cultural indecency in media.

hi
i don't think by banning indian channels we can resolve this issue, like last night i tuned to ARYdigital & there was this show which was all based on indian dance competition shows where contestants( a guy & a girl) dance on the stage & then their performances are rated by judes & viewers similarly if you tune to drama channels they are all same love stories, family issues and that's it. so if you ask me our own Media is distorting our culture its not the indian media. if Rohail can create Coke studio then many can produce quality stuff like that no one forces our media to copy indian media

we need to ban indian channels for other reasons....like of false propaganda and destroying our home TV and film industry.
Otherwise, Pakistan should ask for equal treatment of its own TV in India and should be shown on Indian cabels.

we need to ban indian channels for other reasons....like of false propaganda and destroying our home TV and film industry.
Otherwise, Pakistan should ask for equal treatment of its own TV in India and should be shown on Indian cabels.

here people mostly dont think y pak channels r not shown.

here people mostly dont think y pak channels r not shown.

yeah because they are not allowed to be shown. since zeetv was banned not body asks for it. btw is your media doesnt have any class for which pakistanis are dying for it. if just you people were speaking a different language, your bollywood and tv channels would have flopped here.

. btw is your media doesnt have any class for which pakistanis are dying for it. if just you people were speaking a different language, your bollywood and tv channels would have flopped here.
ya we know wat class we have.
i think thread purpose shows how much attention u pay to indian channels.
and regarding to pak channels not shown in india,people dont care,whether govt let them or not.although it increases commn and but we r happy that we dont have access:cheers::cheers:

i really support ban on indian channels, also what our media is doing just to earn their daily bread is to display absurd clothings in TV dramas, i remember that back in 90s the women news casters used to wear scarf but now the entire things have changed, they try to imitate the indians which is both hilarious and a joke. what kind of country adopts other countrys stuff and esp indian hindu culture???? thats why we made carved out pakistan to imitate them??? there should be strict rules to avoid any cultural indecency in media.

you need to get educated yourself to differentiate culture from religion. let me give u an example. Indonesia

Link:

DAWN.COM | World | Double click: It?s an identity issue

Double click: It’s an identity issue
By Maheen A. Rashdi

Sunday, 16 May, 2010

Double click: The graduation high Double click: The graduation high This week’s most talked about story, most read story and most emailed story has been Pakistan’s latest villain’s escapade. And it follows the full conviction ruling for Ajmal Kasab for whom the international media made sure to put nationality before name — ‘Pakistani convicted in Mumbai carnage’.

Faisal Shahzad’s stupid stunt has again edged Pakistan’s notorious reputation on top of the ‘terrorist breeding grounds’ list. That ‘Faisal Shahzad was working on Pakistani Taliban’s orders,’ remained the headline last week. Well, at least we stay in the headlines! When was the last time you heard about say, Costa Rica and Guyana or Tanzania and Turkmenistan and what their common people are up to? But we all now know about the family background of a stupid man from Pakistan called Faisal Shahzad, a nobody two weeks ago but now a recognisable face world-wide.

Just like controversy, notoriety is the new ‘fad’.

After ‘Tiger-gate’ a host of scandalous exploits of personalities (and priests) have become public and being a serial cheating husband is now a ‘macho’ trait. So when Sandra Bullock got hit by the same train we ‘tsked’ a bit and then moved on towards more important matters like pronouncing Eyjafjallajökull!

Notoriety and recognition have merged boundaries. Desire for fame and power is nothing new and has led people to treachery many a time — Shakespeare anyone?

Faisal Shahzad — whom Cyril Almeida has rightly called an ‘idiot’ four times in his last week’s column — seems such a case in point. Though whether Shahzad was aiming for post-martyr glory or immediate worldly recognition cannot be determined yet. His goofy, yuppie face doesn’t seem capable of anything profound so I’ll assume he was after the more tangible recognition of the worldly kind, under the misconception that he would be claimed a hero by someone.

There are many such Desi-Born Confused Westerners on the loose wracked by severe low esteem stemming from an identity crisis.

Unfortunately the wretched consequence of such episodes is borne mainly by first generation desis who have sacrificed much to give their children an equal status in foreign lands. Where despite decades of hard work and a steady climb up the ladder they are still called ‘that Pakistani guy’ or ‘the Indian chap’.

According to a research analysis, when you start questioning your role in life and you feel like you don't know the 'real you' you may be experiencing an identity crisis. It defines the point in an individual’s life when they do intensive analysis and exploration of their own existence. In the current atmosphere of Western distrust against the brown skin and one’s religious affiliations, this feeling has spurred youngsters abroad on to a self-questioning path.

In the post 9/11 West, the niqab is another expression of identity aggressively being put forth almost with the intent of creating conflict.

For the more inclusive minded Muslims settled abroad, this aggressive identity search is becoming increasingly hard to handle. Examined minutely on the extent of one’s ‘Muslim’ beliefs there are times when fellow Muslims grill you like the Gestapo, asking you to prove your Muslim identity. Particularly if; 1) you are a woman and you don’t wear hijab; 2) if you do not congregate at the Muslim get-togethers; 3) if your kids do not go to the madressa or if you are not part of an active Muslim organisation.

To be noticed as a forceful body is more a mandate than assimilating and standing up as human beings. Peer pressure almost forces one towards a commitment to follow a religio-political plan. It is this need to prove an identity which blurs the line between right, righteousness and crime for the Faisal Shahzad types who are being bred in diaspora communities and fed mixed messages. In Canada, the case of the Toronto 18 still hasn’t ended. These were 18 Toronto-bred young men mostly of Pakistani descent who were caught in 2006 making bombs in Mississauga — a wealthy city inhabited primarily by Pak-Muslim immigrants.

Haroon Siddiqui, a prominent Toronto Star columnist who is a strong proponent of Muslim rights in foreign lands reasons that the Shahzad syndrome has become prevalent primarily because of western or particularly American invasion of Muslim lands. But I do not want to find reason in the demented actions of these fame-starved, half-baked terrorists like the 18 Canadian-educated individuals running a home grown terrorist cell; the Nigerian-born, England educated son of a top banker who hid explosives in his underwear on a flight to Detroit or this urban professional son of an influential Pakistani father.

There is no justification for crime. Punishment has to follow. We are left to deal with the consequences of religious perversion. We’d do better to say sorry for the past, present and future sins of all such misplaced idiots rather than find a rationale.

maheenrashdi@yahoo.ca

Link:

Haroon Siddiqui, a prominent Toronto Star columnist who is a strong proponent of Muslim rights in foreign lands reasons that the Shahzad syndrome has become prevalent primarily because of western or particularly American invasion of Muslim lands.

Right! Americans love to "invade" Muslim lands. It's so much kicking fun!! Duh! Americans are simply fighting back against "Muslims" who have "invaded" America and have killed or have tried to kill Americans. It's not complicated. Americans believe in Pakhtunwali:

Badal - To seek justice or take revenge against the wrongdoer. This applies to injustices committed yesterday or 1000 years ago if the wrongdoer still exists. Justice in Pashtun lore needs elaborating: even a mere taunt (or "Paighor") is regarded as an insult - which can only usually be redressed by shedding of the taunter's blood (and if he isn't available, then his next closest male relation). This in turn leads to a blood feud that can last generations and involve whole tribes with the loss of hundreds of lives.

We will not stop until al Qaeda is destroyed!

Back
Top Bottom