What's new

ICC Takeover by big three

I have very good solution for BCCI. They should come out of ICC and make their own independent cricket organization and leave our poor nation and cricket boards alone :D

ICC is not likely to let them go, simply because India is a cash cow.

I had enough with BCCI bully boy tactics though.

Ittu sa tha BCB . . ittu sa. . . . aaj humse hi. . . . lodbe . . . korbe. . jitbe. . ???:mad::mad:
well it is said that BCCI is out of Indian government' control, they do not even pay tax. GOI tried hard to bring BCCI under common sports rule, but failed

Jitnaaa bhii haiii - How does one measure the contribution of any country ? :what:
not sure

ICC is not likely to let them go, simply because India is a cash cow.

I had enough with BCCI bully boy tactics though.
Money is important but cricket should not be taken as pure business otherwise cricket and fans will suffer. we already have few nations who play cricket compare to other popular sports and such restriction and limitation isolate it further

Money is important but cricket should not be taken as pure business otherwise cricket and fans will suffer. we already have few nations who play cricket compare to other popular sports and such restriction and limitation isolate it further

BCCI is like the IPL. Crass, in your face and naked capitalism.

I do think BCCI has a point in terms of revenue distribution.

But the ranking system is a blatant attempt to draw even more money. The Australia and England matches are the money drawers.

Pretty ironic, since the biggest money drawing match in Cricket is an India vs. Pakistan match.

And always will be.

Jitnaaa bhii haiii - How does one measure the contribution of any country ? :what:

It has to do with TV viewership,on ground ticket sales.

Indian Team draws. I mean even in New Zealand you had 25,000 people come out and support India.

Last edited:
Haha. You know what the funny thing is? Indians 20 years ago used to complain about the English cricket board's strangle hold on cricket.

Now the oppressed have become the oppressor.

And New Zealanders have been calling in radio with a less than pleasant opinion about India.
what is being said in new zealand about India's move.

But the ranking system is a blatant attempt to draw even more money. The Australia and England matches are the money drawers.

Pretty ironic, since the biggest money drawing match in Cricket is an India vs. Pakistan match.

And always will be.
BCCI already has plenty of money and dominance in this game and no need to introduce this concept of dalit team in cricket . I mean if you read the comment of English, Indian or Australian cricket fans they are all against this proposal but well who care about sentiment of cricket lover

And always will be.

You seem to have a misplaced sense of idealism.While I have no love lost for the BCCI, I share their perspective here.
Name me 1(one) global sports franchise that has not degraded into crass capitalism.Just one.
And btw I think IPL is a terribly stupid idea that is killing interest in cricket.TRPs are falling each year.It could and should have been planned better, like European football.That is a sustainable business model.

BCCI already has plenty of money and dominance in this game and no need to introduce this concept of dalit team in cricket . I mean if you read the comment of English, Indian or Australian cricket fans they are all against this proposal but well who care about sentiment of cricket lover

:unsure: let's not use that word too lightly.

what is being said in new zealand about India's move.

Nothing about this move, but New Zealanders were pissed off about the prospect that India may never come around to New Zealand again.

The only way this series makes money is because of indians like me watching the game in the stadium tomorrow.

Otherwise, there is no interest in cricket here. Not India's fault, but the cricket fans here feel hard done by, since they believe New Zealand and India should play more often and their stars should get more exposure.

The last game was exciting and it validates their point.

:unsure: let's not use that word too lightly.
it was simply a word for low rank team who will not get much opportunities even if they perform better while high rank team will never be relegated no matter how bad they perform

it was simply a word for low rank team who will not get much opportunities even if they perform better while high rank team will never be relegated no matter how bad they perform
This system is only proposed till 2023, not until the end of eternity though.

see the thing is, I agree with the revenue split. India should get more. Because the Indian teams more money. It's like Michael Mayweathers getting more money, because he is the main draw.

But i do not lie the ranking system, as it means more grab at the money. I do want India playing countries like New Zealand more.

:D

2023 k baad crciket bachey ghi he nhi. we would have only top few playing against each others and it would be all about money making

see the thing is, I agree with the revenue split. India should get more. Because the Indian teams more money. It's like Michael Mayweathers getting more money, because he is the main draw.

But i do not lie the ranking system, as it means more grab at the money. I do want India playing countries like New Zealand more.

:D
Its people because of which cricket boards generate money..once they lose interest in game of cricket then it will not be a money making business

Back
Top Bottom