What's new

IAF might get upto 300 FGFA

it was ur view so no need to be offensive. but dnt forgt one thing Even f-16 block 52 detected su 30mki, 1st shot will be with flanker only, not to mention SU-30mki can do same as f-16,su-30mki have powerfull jammers and its Radars can be swithced off to take External help from phalcon. plus it have TVC. su-30mki can fire its 1st shot way before entering the range of F-16block52.
I was not being offensive, I was simply quoting his comment, hence the quotation marks!

Lets not get into this SU-30MKI vs F-16 block 52 argument again.
Both agree that, both are capable enough to shoot each other down.

It will be down to pilot skill.

ok bro, but it might have greater range or less range than phalcon.
Agreed!

Hey baaz,sorry mate.I can not provide you the link because I am using a mobile device as my dad did not allow me to bring my laptop in hostel because I am a game freak.The Frontier india had reported that DRDO AWACS will have normal detection range of 300+km and an extended range of 375 km against a 5sq meter target.And yes,I was wrong.Phalcon's detection range is 400km,the 450 km is the range of IFF.
Keep up your good job.
REGARDS....

I was not being offensive, I was simply quoting his comment, hence the quotation marks!

Lets not get into this SU-30MKI vs F-16 block 52 argument again.
Both agree that, both are capable enough to shoot each other down.

It will be down to pilot skill.

Agreed!

please dnt say pilots skills again,it wasnt dog fight. +su-30mki has high maneuverability. and it was 2 seater not single seater.

Hey baaz,sorry mate.I can not provide you the link because I am using a mobile device as my dad did not allow me to bring my laptop in hostel because I am a game freak.The Frontier india had reported that DRDO AWACS will have normal detection range of 300+km and an extended range of 375 km against a 5sq meter target.And yes,I was wrong.Phalcon's detection range is 400km,the 450 km is the range of IFF.
Keep up your good job.
REGARDS....

Ok... thank you!
I guess we wont know the truth of PAK AWACS vs INDIAN AWACS, until ZDK-03's specs are leaked.

please dnt say pilots skills again,it wasnt dog fight. +su-30mki has high maneuverability. and it was 2 seater not single seater.

We discussed this, nothing came of it.

you want your answer mate?
For BVR combat.....
If you are Indian you will favour MKI, if you are Pakistani you will favour F-16.

For WVR combat....

The SU-30MKI undoubtedly is more maneuverable then the F-16 because of TVC and canards.
Probably the most maneuverable of the flanker family.

But.... the F-16 block 52 does have ways of holding it's own in WVR combat too, F-16 is already quite agile.
and the real game winner in WVR may be the JHMCS system.

And I take it you already know that once locked on and fired, the AIM-9 will kill the MKI, because it's higher maneuverability at that point will count for nothing, the MKI cannot out maneuver the AIM-9, in fact no plane can, a pilot subjected to those kind of g forces would simply die.

PAF F-16s are armed with JHMCS and AIM-9M for WVR combat
AIM-9X would be ideal, but it was not available to PAF, so the next best sidewinder AIM-9M was chosen.
AIM-9M is probably the closest thing you can get to a 5th gen WVRAAM.

The JHMCS + AIM-9M, remove the need for the pilot to maneuver the aircraft and put the enemy in it's line of fire.
the pilot can simply look through the helmet at it's target, get a radar lock and fire away.

(i know I posted this before, it's purely for demonstration purpose)

So..... WVR will most definitely be down to pilot training and skill. The winner will be, either the MKI and it's maneuverability or the F-16 and it's gadgets.

The 2 seater MKI means less work load for pilots, a sort of ease at all times.
This is a good advantage, but what's to say that the MKI wont come up against a twin seater F-16D block 52?

Certainly no point of debating it, there will be no clear winner this way.

Only time will tell which is better,

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinese ZDK-03

The actual range is unknown, but uses AESA radar and is said to have a larger search and track range then the SAAB 2000. Exactly how much is not known as of yet.

dude don't talk about kj2000/kj200 lets not get in to it u said that swedish saab 2000: is better than phalcon in the range u claimed that the range of swedish saab 2000: is 500km but it is incorrect it is the : detection range - 350km instrumental range - 450km
however for phalcon
detection range - 450km

instrumental range - 500km plus

this is what i wanted to correct and according to ur argument WRT detection range of radar phalcon wins hands down with MKI's

You want to say you will build a stealth fighter exclusively for PAF?Good,but how they gona pay or you will do it for free of cost?
Do you know we always say"白菜化"'s mean?Pakistan is our ally,And Pakistan's weapons from China has been generally based on the loan or gift get in the way.

Yeah but the 2 seater philosophy is not used in many airforces presently, very rarely. Time for INdia to get with the shift. Folks have argued it is better to have 2 pilot manning individual systems but there probably is quality training issues and lack of tech (aircraft computer may subpar, etc) that impedes one seater philosophy from being incorporated into IAF. Don;t forget this cuts valuable manpower which could potentially double the avaibable pilots. I know doesn;t have a manpower issue but a qualified trained pilots may be lacking if the fleet was to be increased, which it should.

By the way,The T-50 is China look down on the program,India is the ATM in the PAK-FA program for Russia。Like the Aircraft carrier。

For WVR combat....

The SU-30MKI undoubtedly is more maneuverable then the F-16 because of TVC and canards.

But.... the F-16 block 52 does have ways of holding it's own in WVR combat too, F-16 is already quite agile.

And I take it you already know that once locked on and fired, the AIM-9 will kill the MKI, because it's higher maneuverability at that point will count for nothing, the MKI cannot out maneuver the AIM-9, in fact no plane can, a pilot subjected to those kind of g forces would simply die.

AIM-9X would be ideal, but it was not available to PAF, so the next best sidewinder AIM-9M was chosen.

The JHMCS + AIM-9M, remove the need for the pilot to maneuver the aircraft and put the enemy in it's line of fire.
the pilot can simply look through the helmet at it's target, get a radar lock and fire away

This is a good advantage, but what's to say that the MKI wont come up against a twin seater F-16D block 52?

AIM-9 is an IR guided AAM so no radar lock.you are forget the Su-30MKI is armed wth the R-73E IR AAM along with Sura HMS and anyone within 60-70 degree boresight of the MKI would be fried to ashes in WVR combat.An added advantage of the MKI is the OLS-30 IRST capable of guiding IR AAMs.

We discussed this, nothing came of it.

you want your answer mate?
For BVR combat.....
If you are Indian you will favour MKI, if you are Pakistani you will favour F-16.

For WVR combat....

the pilot can simply look through the helmet at it's target, get a radar lock and fire away.

(i know I posted this before, it's purely for demonstration purpose)

So..... WVR will most definitely be down to pilot training and skill. The winner will be, either the MKI and it's maneuverability or the F-16 and it's gadgets.

im talking about BVR combat ,why u r going for dog fights??. why su-30mki go for DOG fighter. When su-30mki has RADAR advantage and F-16 block 52 will come 1st to su-30mki weapon range.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at India's T-90 and T-72,It's poor quality,and it's no cheap.

I appreciate your reverse engineering capacity, We trying that what we can do. He mention how can a fighter built in that much short time. dont go for personal.

Aim-9x is short range heat seeking missile. why su-30mki will come close to F-16.

Back
Top Bottom