What's new

IAF MiG-21 crashes in Haryana

Well at least the pilots are safe:)

India really needs to retire the tin cans of death.

It's high time these bl00dy flying coffins are put to rest! They're so far gone that you wouldn't even get a measly dollar if they're auctioned off at Sotheby's! Jeeez! :fie:

Now i am tired of saying this "Another one down" , don't know when your mod will get tired of listening it

Why when every date of MMRCA comes near a jetfighter goes down? At times i feel IAF does that delibrately as if giving hint that decide now on MMRCA atlast.... But our babu's dont care....

A MiG-21 Bison fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force on Friday crashed in a field near Sirsa, Haryana shortly after take off, but the pilot ejected safely.

The plane was on a routine training sortie when it crashed at Mania village, about 40 km from Sirsa, police and air force officials said.

“The aircraft had taken off from the Sirsa air base for a routine training sortie and crashed a little while after getting airborne,” an IAF spokesperson said in Delhi.

He said that the air force has ordered a court of inquiry to ascertain the reasons leading to the mishap.

The accident left a large crater in the field. Senior Army, police and district officials have reached the crash site.

This is the seventh mishap involving IAF’s fighter aircraft this year and the sixth involving a MiG-21 plane.

In view of the increasing number of accidents involving the MiG-21 aircraft, the IAF has decided to phase them out by 2017. The force is also planning to allow only experienced pilots to fly such planes from next year.

Of the 976 MiG-21s inducted in the service since 1960s, over half of them have been lost in air crashes.

The Hindu : News / National : MiG-21 crashes in Haryana; pilot safe

Why when every date of MMRCA comes near a jetfighter goes down? At times i feel IAF does that delibrately as if giving hint that decide now on MMRCA atlast.... But our babu's dont care....
The babu's should be given a daily trip in these. That should teach them.

What is the Crash per flying hours of the IAF Mig-21? I've been trying to find this info but it's elusive.
The JF-17 has a crash rate of 1 per 7000hours/10,000sorties at present.

Does somebody have that for important stat for the IAF Mig-21? For once we can conclude whether IAF Mig-21 crashes are serious or tolerable, instead of jumping up and down like the ignorant media & masses.

Next time the pilot should eject right over the building where the corrupt babus work.

Back
Top Bottom