What's new

IAF had Superior airpower compared to china in 1962

The human beings underly the hardware have critical imput in deciding the outcome.

That is ridiculous. Are you telling me the Chinese were "superior"? If that was the case 1967 at Nathu La would have been in your favor. It wasnt.

Last but not least, India was very lucky in 1962 when the PLA involved were mostly fresh-off-boat young ones without too much experiences. If it had been several years earlier when they were the old school tough ones from the voracious Korean War or the Chinese Civil War crops, they would have had swept most of India meantime driving Indians into the Indian Ocean.

Yeah right. Talk about over estimating your capabilities. Even today, China wouldnt be able to invade India, even though they still have superior military strength. Experience matters, but I wouldnt put experience before equipment and military capability.

The heart of the matter is, that China actually did have night operations capability, and far superior numbers. And China also had better leadership. That was the reason for the Chinese victory. Indian soldiers were low on numbers, low on infrastructure, had a failed leadership which finally culminated in defeat.

That is ridiculous. Are you telling me the Chinese were "superior"? If that was the case 1967 at Nathu La would have been in your favor. It wasnt.

Yeah right. Talk about over estimating your capabilities. Even today, China wouldnt be able to invade India, even though they still have superior military strength. Experience matters, but I wouldnt put experience before equipment and military capability.

The heart of the matter is, that China actually did have night operations capability, and far superior numbers. And China also had better leadership. That was the reason for the Chinese victory. Indian soldiers were low on numbers, low on infrastructure, had a failed leadership which finally culminated in defeat.
Nehru inchoated the war with pitty prepareness, then got defeat by strong PLA. Thats all the story went~
I mean why lingering about this war 50 years ago? It makes nonsense. I was not there to blame Nehru's Foward policy, he is just too naive to believe he could win over China.

Nehru inchoated the war with pitty prepareness, then got defeat by strong PLA. Thats all the story went~
I mean why lingering about this war 50 years ago? It makes nonsense. I was no there to blame Nehru's Foward policy, he is just too naive to believe he could win over China.

It is not Nehru's fault, Had Cuban Crisis not happened China would have not intruded into India.

I'm still not able to understand till today that if China had really won in 1962...then why did they unilaterally declared a ceasefire and retreated back to their original positions and didn't hold on to territory they had captured....the spoils of war always goes to the victors...but it seems here there was a stalemate and there was no clear winner....but the Chinese members here on PDF always keep on harping that they won...

Nonsence stop talking about who was stronger 50 yrs ago, today China is 3 times stroger than us. Indians should stop living in past glories, if we have any :(. Anyways we lost the war, our army was not prepared and was caught by surprise. IAF wasn't there but still they fought will bravery and had a better KD than Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom