What's new

I Will Disarm All Militant Groups in Pakistan: Imran Khan

Ah yes, the good old "promise the sky and the sun and the moon and the stars to get elected, and then business as usual when I get into power" rule entrenched in the Pakistani political game.

Same could be said about B-Obama, Yank.

Doesn't that happen already. I mean what is Indian 'occupied' Kashmir, India's Occupation of Kashmir, Indian military's crimes in Kashmir, The KAC[Kashmir American Council], Ghulam Nabi Fai.

Pakistan has been suffering from 'America on the brain' for a long time; there's a whole other world out there. There is a lot to be done in popularizing the Kashmiri struggle for independence around the world.

Personally, I would be happy if they get independence. If the price for that is that Pakistan must give up Azad Kashmir, then so be it. I would rather both Pakistan and India give up their part of Kashmir and let them join into an independent country.

As for Pakistan's tactics, Pakistan's mistake was to focus solely on the military option. It's time to shore up the propaganda and diplomatic fronts.

I think it should be based on a vote or plebisite. The people of Azad Kashmir I have met consider themselves a part of Pakistan. Kashmiri and proud but Pakistani. Pakistan can't just give up the parts of Kashmir it already controls without the will of its own people.

Then we come to the ignored region of Gilgit-Baltistan. There is resentment there but lets remember the gilgit scouts sided with Pakistan during the 1948 war with India and because they literally gave control of Gilgit is Pakistan controlling 2/5th of Kashmir. The lashkars take more credit than they deserve. They took azad kashmir but they had no role in taking Gilgit.

And I agree with you. The media has failed to raise the Kashmir Issue.

I don't know what some of have been smoking, but all the Gilgitis I have met in Pakistan are the most loyal and patriotic Pakistanis? :unsure:

Ah yes, the good old "promise the sky and the sun and the moon and the stars to get elected, and then business as usual when I get into power" rule entrenched in the Pakistani political game.

I sure hope IK is different than that pattern for Pakistan's sake.

This 'innocence' can only be afforded by people who havent had the luxury of being answerable to the public. Bringing the same example down to miniaturized level, when i was a member at various forums i always thought that if i was in charge i would do big things change this and that. By the successes our team got i think we did do some very good things but the reality of serving to a public sinks in and u have to adjust accordingly.

I dont deny that Imran Khan wont adjust. But I can expect that imran khan wont say maine koi hadith nahi likhi or turn on promises like shutting down guantanamo

Same could be said about B-Obama, Yank.

Actually, yes, you make a good point.

All politicians do this to a certain degree, except that there is a certain level of accountability in the US process such that a President not delivering will get his comeuppance in the next election, like GB1 did when he failed to be re-elected. The same could very well happen to Obama.

That accountability still has not happened in Pakistan, has it?

This 'innocence' can only be afforded by people who havent had the luxury of being answerable to the public. Bringing the same example down to miniaturized level, when i was a member at various forums i always thought that if i was in charge i would do big things change this and that. By the successes our team got i think we did do some very good things but the reality of serving to a public sinks in and u have to adjust accordingly.

I dont deny that Imran Khan wont adjust. But I can expect that imran khan wont say maine koi hadith nahi likhi or turn on promises like shutting down guantanamo

I am sure that IK, if he is able to form a government, will be better at many things than the present crop of pathetic losers.

That would largely be the case in most democratic systems with multiple institutions involved in the law making process.

Case in point being the deadlock in the US Congress when it comes to many domestic issues.

I sure hope IK is different than that pattern for Pakistan's sake.
How far he can go in enacting reform will depend on how big of a majority in parliament he can muster, if he even wins a majority.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

I don't know what some of have been smoking, but all the Gilgitis I have met in Pakistan are the most loyal and patriotic Pakistanis? :unsure:
It's part of the Indian delusion about the Northern Areas - makes them feel better if they try and equate the NA's to IoK, and argue that the majority of the people in G-B want nothing to do with Pakistan.

That would largely be the case in most democratic systems with multiple institutions involved in the law making process.

Case in point being the deadlock in the US Congress when it comes to many domestic issues.

How far he can go in enacting reform will depend on how big of a majority in parliament he can muster, if he even wins a majority....................................

Yes, I have already agreed with these points above:

Actually, yes, you make a good point.

All politicians do this to a certain degree, except that there is a certain level of accountability in the US process such that a President not delivering will get his comeuppance in the next election, like GB1 did when he failed to be re-elected. The same could very well happen to Obama.

That accountability still has not happened in Pakistan, has it?

I am sure that IK, if he is able to form a government, will be better at many things than the present crop of pathetic losers.

Actually it should be the other war around ... "Azad" Kashmir can become part of Pakistan (after ISI neutralizes the disobedient JKLF), whereas it is Gilgit-Baltistan that wants to be free.

"Azad" Kashmir has nothing in common with the Kashmir Valley ... it is a completely different language and different culture. The language of "Azad" Kashmir is a dialect of Punjabi, so it can easily merge with Pakistani culture.

Are you dumb or something? Gilgit-Baltistan nor AJK want to quit Pakistan, when i was in karachi there were many people from that areas & they are exteremly patriotic Pakistanis.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

I think majority of Pakistani's like good relations with India. IK should go such a way that he wants peace with India.

After all, we are preferable than USA to a common Pakistani uh?

No doubt majority of Pakistanis want good relations with india, but at the cost of Pakistan's land.......HELL NO.

The militant outfit was based on Pakistani soil, which has now been banned by the Pakistani authorities. However, they were not state (sponsored) actors, unlike Imran Khan who seems to be suggesting that they are. That is called compromising Pakistan's situation internationally. Even the Mumbai probe did not provide any conclusive evidence implicating the ISI/Pakistani authorities in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, yet Imran Khan seems to think otherwise. There are things that are said in private, behind closed doors, as compared to what Imran Khan did, whether it is well known to everyone or not. Of course the 26/11 Mumbai attacks that were planned partly on Pakistani soil compromised Pakistan internationally, but there are somethings that are said behind closed doors, & other things that are said in public.

I do not want an 'undiplomatic' leader who compromises Pakistan's situation on everything as the PM of Pakistan. Musharraf was by far the better leaders Pakistan has had, he said one thing in public, & another thing behind closed doors. And he never compromised Pakistan's position. Imran Khan also has a lot of his 'facts & information' pertaining to the WOT campaign & other issues wrong. And it is very easy to prove him & his theories wrong.

Not only has he compromised Pakistan's situation in relation to 26/11, he has also compromised Pakistan's situation on Balochistan, Kashmir, the WOT campaign, 1971 & many other issues. The LeT, HuM & other militant groups do not deserve any support, but that does not undermine the legitimate concerns of the Kashmiri people, & Imran Khan has undermined them as well. Of course no militant group should operate from Pakistani soil, but there are somethings that are said behind closed doors, & other things that are said in public. Imran Khan is a simple minded person who does not have the tact or the guile to be a PM.

Very nicely summarized:tup:.

What exactly do you dislike about what he said?

I used to support IK but when he accepted in KT interview that Pakistan is supporting terrorists, Kashmir is India's internal issue & Pakistan is worried just because of human right issue over there(not because it is illegally occupied) & he compared Pakistan's legal/accepted provinces/territories (Balochistan & FATA) with Indian Occupied Kashmir(forcefully & illegally occupied by india). What kindda nonsense was that? Was he even in his senses when he was giving that interview? He should've told KT & indians that he will take whatever measures to safeguard interests of Pakistan including dialouges.

I think IK is only good for Pakistan's internal matters for external matters Pakistan needs very aggressive type person like Musharraf. IMO Musharraf should become most powerful man of Pakistan(president or primeminister whoever is more powerful) & IK second most powerful. Than IK should keep his focus on internal issues & Musharraf on external issues. This seems the best solution.

Are you dumb or something? Gilgit-Baltistan nor AJK want to quit Pakistan, when i was in karachi there were many people from that areas & they are exteremly patriotic Pakistanis.

This report from The Herald of May 1990 tells us how the people of Gilgit-Baltistan are kept in line:

"In May,1988, low-intensity political rivalry and sectarian tension ignited into full-scale carnage as thousands of armed tribesmen from outside Gilgit district invaded Gilgit along the Karakoram Highway. Nobody stopped them. They destroyed crops and houses, lynched and burnt people to death in the villages around Gilgit town. The number of dead and injured was put in the hundreds. But numbers alone tell nothing of the savagery of the invading hordes and the chilling impact it has left on these peaceful valleys."

WoW. Now talking about the loyalties of our Northern brethren :laugh:

this is when you know a dothead has lost an argument

So all of you people are yearning for a leader that promotes terrorism against India? It's true, Imran Khan can't save you guys, you need a psychiatrist.

Mere hisaab se jootay parhne chahiye whoever promotes terrorism anywhere. Our issue with India is only Kashmir.

Theek hai.

So who are the terrorists? Talibans in NWP or Mujahideen in Kashmir. I clearly remember, Imran Khan was against the operation in NWP. So does he mean, he will stop supporting Kashmiri in their effort to self reliance because Indian called Kashmir Mujahideen terrorists.

Did Karan Thapar fabricated below qoute?

Imran added that for Indo-Pak ties to improve,the Kashmir issue should be put on the back burner for a while.

But things like Mumbai incident were a black mark on all of Pakistan.

I don't think anyone support this kind of act.

So does he mean, he will stop supporting Kashmiri in their effort to self reliance because Indian called Kashmir Mujahideen terrorists. .

not a chance in hell......any move to end diplomatic, moral and other support to the nationalistic Kashmiris would be a nail in the coffin for anyone ---civilian, government, etc.

in fact I hope Imran Khan will be more vocal about this Kashmir issue than the incumbent twits/lotas who dont care about any of the country's national interests

Back
Top Bottom