What's new

I was offered Rs. 14 crore bribe: Indian Army chief General VK Singh

7000 vehicles already in use..so most likely an Indian manufacturer..TATA or Ashok Leyland

No it is Tatra. He says in the video that 7000 tatra vehicles are already in service and they didnt even have a maintenance facility in the Army Base.

Makes me wanna bomb the fkin company down!

The Stallion forms the logistical backbone of the Indian Armed Forces with over 60,000 Stallions used by the Indian Army.
Ashok Leyland Stallion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So, the culprit is definitely not AL. Stallion trucks are very good.

Can anybody tell me who manufactures Tatra truck in India...is it BEML of they themselves?

In one of the blog I read this (I am narrating it into English as it was in Hindi)
"आर्मी के अंदर भी ज्यादातर लोग मानते हैं कि अपने पहले के जनरलों के मुकाबले उन्होंने सेना की भलाई के ज्यादा काम किया है। यह सब उन्होंने तब किया है जबकि करप्शन को थोड़ा-सा भी बर्दाश्त नहीं करने की उनकी नीति के कारण सरकार उनके खिलाफ हमेशा आक्रामक बनी रही।"

English: Inside Army it is widely believed that General Singh has done more welfare for armed forces than his predecessors. Indian (national congress) govt targeted him coz of his non tolarance to corruption .

"ताजा रहस्योद्घाटन के बाद डर्टी ट्रिक डिपार्टमेंट उनपर हमला तेज कर देगा।"

After current revelation the dirty trick department of Indian (Kongress) govt will target him and malign him (like they did with Anna hazare).

The leader from dirty trick department
1. Salman Khurshid
2. Kapil Sibbal
3. Manu singhavi
4. MAnish tiwary and so on.

from the same article " सूत्रों के मुताबिक, एक गाड़ी की कीमत 15 लाख के करीब है।"
English: According to sources one vehicle cost 15,00,000/- INR.

Guys which vehicle cost 15 lakhs and 7000 made in India and it is not Indian brand.

The vehicle is definitely Tatra.

Read the following:

Tatra had a truck-building joint venture in India called Tatra Vectra Motors Ltd, formerly called Tatra Trucks India Ltd. It is a joint venture between Tatra and the Vectra Group from England.[39] In 2009, Vectra announced a new joint venture with Russia's Kamaz to form Kamaz Vectra Motors Limited to manufacture Kamaz trucks in India.,[40][41] This joint venture replaced the former Tatra Vectra, that Vectra had created with Tatra[42].

Tatra Vectra Motors Limited (TVML), formerly known as Tatra Trucks India Limited, is a joint venture between Tatra a.s. of Czech Republic (a part of Terex corporation, USA) and the Vectra group, a UK based NRI company, having substantial business interests in UK, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, CIS, Singapore and India. The manufacturing plant is located in Hosur, Tamilnadu, around 35 km from Bangalore. The fully integrated manufacturing facility includes an engine assembly and testing plant, a cabin welding shop, a frame fabrication shop and a test track.

Most Tatra trucks for sale in India are manufactured indigenously in collaboration with Bharat Earth Movers Limited.[43]

In 2002, the company received a 1,070 trucks order from the Government of India.[44] Tatra's growing involvement in India's defense industry is often cited as an example of growing relations between Czech Republic and India.[45]

In 2010 the Indian Government ordered 788 vehicles from public sector defence equipment manufacturer BEML. The order comprises supply of 498 8×8 vehicles, 278 6×6 vehicles without winch and 12 6×6 with winch.[46]

LoL, NRI business. Regular and perfect for the corruption machine to work in India. Good that Gen. Singh decided that unless a person of his stature brings it up, there will be thieves in the forces who will continue to collaborate with these crap businessmen along with the Politicians to sell everything that the country holds dear.

The "choro ki baraat" that Army top brass had turned in to over last few years and specially during the tenure of Gen. (cheque or cash??) Kapoor till Gen. Singh arrived can at least be halted with this focus for a few months. I know that the next chosen thief will ensure that regular service resumes quickly but surely Gen. Singh kept his oath and did his bit for the honor and safety of his country. There is quite a bit of such officers like Gen. Singh who hold their honor dear than money and hopefully, these officers will ensure over next years that such rot in the defence forces of the nation is culled.

Regarding the politicians: I can bet that the discussions on this allegation will be less than half of the discussions that the morons had regarding Gen. Singh's age. :) What a bloody farce of a society.

India To Probe Army Chief's Bribery Allegations
NEW DELHI, March 26, 2012 (AFP) -India's defence minister ordered federal investigators Monday to probe revelations by the country's top military officer that he had been offered a $2.8 million bribe to clear a procurement deal.
The disclosure, made in a newspaper interview by Army Chief General V.K Singh, will further embarrass a government already tainted by a succession of high-profile corruption scandals.
Defence Minister A.K. Antony described the revelations as "serious" and his ministry spokesman said the Central Bureau of Investigations had been ordered to conduct a full investigation.
In the interview published Monday, Singh told the Hindu newspaper that a lobbyist for an unnamed military equipment supplier had offered him the cash incentive to approve the purchase of 600 sub-standard vehicles.
"One of these men had the gumption to walk up to me and tell me that if I cleared the tranche, he would give me 140 million rupees. He was offering a bribe to me, to the Army Chief," Singh said.
"He told me that people had taken money before me and they will take money after me," Singh said, adding that he had informed Antony of the incident at the time.
It was not immediately clear when the bribe was offered, but some media reports suggested it was two years ago.
Singh said he had been "shocked by the brazen offer."
The army chief's insistence that he had informed Antony has left the defence minister facing questions as to why an investigation was not ordered before
Singh said some 7,000 of the cited vehicles were already in use in the army and "had been sold over the years at exorbitant prices with no questions asked."
His allegations follow a very public spat between the general and the government over the timing of his retirement -- a dispute the army chief took to the Supreme court and lost.
The bribery disclosure stalled proceedings in both houses of parliament Monday, with opposition members insisting on an official inquiry.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's coalition government has been paralysed by a series of corruption scandals, including the mis-selling of mobile phone licences estimated to have cost the treasury up to $39 billion.
India is one of the world's biggest military spenders with Jane's Defence Weekly forecasting that its aggregate defence procurement spending between 2011 and 2015 will top $100 billion.

I told you guys the military has certain officers in the past and present who were and are corrupt. It is a continous cycle. Every bureacratic office is corrupt. Look at how George Ferandez and General Kappor got away with bribe money. The problem goes all the way to the top, except the PM. Thats why I support Maoists, even though they far from perfect. They truly know and see how corrupt our f-king govt and bureaucracy has been and become. The govt thinks its version of Lok Pal is perfect. :no: What a f-king joke. If one thing i have ever learned in life is never, ever trust these govt officials. Thats why I work up a sweat protesting the controversy and issue of nuclear reactors. Either you do it right or do not do it all. YOu can keep shoving the issue of corruption, but sooners or later India is going to suffer. The poor and middle class will truly suffer while the rich flee....you dummies neeed to wake the f-k up

I told you guys the military has certain officers in the past and present who were and are corrupt. It is a continous cycle. Every bureacratic office is corrupt. Look at how George Ferandez and General Kappor got away with bribe money. The problem goes all the way to the top, except the PM. Thats why I support Maoists, even though they far from perfect. They truly know and see how corrupt our f-king govt and bureaucracy has been and become. The govt thinks its version of Lok Pal is perfect. :no: What a f-king joke. If one thing i have ever learned in life is never, ever trust these govt officials. Thats why I work up a sweat protesting the controversy and issue of nuclear reactors. Either you do it right or do not do it all. YOu can keep shoving the issue of corruption, but sooners or later India is going to suffer. The poor and middle class will truly suffer while the rich flee....you dummies neeed to wake the f-k up

If you support Maoists so much pls take them to US. They can help you in 'taking over' wall street. Our system may not be perfect but has options to clean it up. If Maoists do corruption and one have the guts to point it out, he may get a bullet to his head. So thanks but no thanks. Maoism is not our path to salvation..democracy is.

If you support Maoists so much pls take them to US. They can help you in 'taking over' wall street. Our system may not be perfect but has options to clean it up. If Maoists do corruption and one have the guts to point it out, he may get a bullet to his head. So thanks but no thanks. Maoism is not our path to salvation..democracy is.

This guy makes it impossible to take him seriously. The maoists as moral idols? The guys who are busy extorting money from all sorts of illegal mining companies to permit & protect them, who indulge in widespread poaching & destroying national resources are the new stand up idols of the moral brigade?? :hitwall:

800px-Know_Your_Army_Jalandhar_2009-83.jpg

these are the trucks i guess...........

This guy makes it impossible to take him seriously. The maoists as moral idols? The guys who are busy extorting money from all sorts of illegal mining companies to permit & protect them, who indulge in widespread poaching & destroying national resources are the new stand up idols of the moral brigade?? :hitwall:

ohh !! i doubt he is even Indian . just another false flagger . remember the debate of nuke plants and his comments on it . :wave:

^^ Various TATRA models are made by BEML.

BEML - TATRA T815 VVNC 8x8 VEHICLE
BEML - TATRA T815 VVL 8x8 VEHICLE
BEML - TATRA T815 VTI 8x8 - TANK TRANSPORTER
30 M TELESCOPIC MOBILE MAST ON BEML TATRA T815 VVNC 8X8 CHASSIS
BEML - TATRA T815 VVNC 8X8 CHASSIS FOR 15 M BRIDGE LAYING ROLE
BEML - TATRA T815 VVNC 6x6 HIGH MOBILITY VEHICLE
BEML - TATRA T815 VVNC 6x6 FIELD ARTILLERY TRACTOR
BEML - TATRA T815 VI 4x4 HIGH MOBILITY VEHICLE
BEML - TATRA CRASH FIRE TENDER
MODELS OF BEML – TATRA VEHICLES WITH BHARAT STAGE – II (EURO – II) VERSION
BEML - TATRA T816 6MWR 8T 10x10 VEHICLE
BEML - TATRA T815 27ET96 28 300 8x8.1R / 50T - TANK TRANSPORTER
BEML - TATRA T815 27ER96 28 300 8x8.1R / 50T VEHICLE
BEML - TATRA T815 27ER96 30 300 8x8.1R / 50T - 4150 VEHICLE
BEML - TATRA T815 26RR36 22 255 6x6.1R / 50T HIGH MOBILITY VEHICLE (RHD)
BEML - TATRA T815 25RR45 17 230 4x4.1 HIGH MOBILITY VEHICLE

Beml India

ohh !! i doubt he is even Indian . just another false flagger . remember the debate of nuke plants and his comments on it . :wave:

He claims to be a Malayali.

TATA has also offered its trucks for Heavy duty. AKASH SAMs are based on these only. These 6x6 vehicles will be used for SPYDER also... Its time to ditch the monopoly of PSU-Foreign comp. nexus...

Back
Top Bottom