What's new

I want to Caution the PAF

Jackals as you mention are no security threat.....Long time ago i went to turbela dam and there was no security on the dam wall..One lost policeman was wandering pointlessly nearby and i asked him why there is no security here and he said that you will need many tons of explosives to do anything the the dam,and if somebody comes here with such a big quality of explosives we will know.

May be same goes for Runways and concrete bunkers which dont need 24/7 guarding.

those times were before the time of RDX like stuff I guess

Electric fencing for a 5 mile radius around all bases.

Chec points on all roads leading into bases and runways

Watch towers in and just outside bases.

BUT THESE THINGS WILL COST $$$$$$

These small things make the difference between a well trained highly professional 1st rate military and a standard developing country military image.

I have been to many PAF bases some were operational too and apart from the apparent things like small walls and no nightvision at night i also noticed that at night there were jackals roaming around on the runaway , i want to ask where the hell did the animal come from into the base and if there are some loop holes what if someone straps something on a jackal and when it goes inside the guy pulls the trigger , its really alarming for me because the jackals i saw were very near the planes in the hangers.

I will talk to high command people and talk to them about your concern, please keep watching and see if you can view more animals.....................lol bhiya jee aap wahan kay chokidaar lagay ho kiya?

I have been to many PAF bases some were operational too and apart from the apparent things like small walls and no nightvision at night i also noticed that at night there were jackals roaming around on the runaway , i want to ask where the hell did the animal come from into the base and if there are some loop holes what if someone straps something on a jackal and when it goes inside the guy pulls the trigger , its really alarming for me because the jackals i saw were very near the planes in the hangers.

Appreciate your concerns buddy, don't be deterred by the posts here full of ignorance.

Anyone ridiculing this guy's concern must understand that wild animals are a big hazard to any airstrip and no caretaker of any airstrip likes them roaming around.

Wild boars, jackals, and dogs, they all are carnivores. Each time they kill a prey, they leave the carcass around that attracts birds. These birds can always be a threat to the airplanes landing and taking off in that area. And if they were lax enough to not spot those animals coming around, then, yes, terrorists too can manage to get in.

well, Pac kamra and paf base minhas r near my home, and security check is very tight frm last couple of years, even the link road from kamra to attock iz closed for security reasons after sucide attack 3 years ago i think,

Assalam u Alaikum.

Bro this is a professional forum for two way mutual debates, not just a one way message.
Moreover, we are representing our Nation all over the world. Have we already given less things for the world to mock at that you are providing one more??

If you think this is a matter of great concern, then please contact the Pakistan Air Force representants.
Following are some numbers that may be of some use:

Air Commodore Tariq Qamar Yazdanie TI (M)
Director Media Affairs
E-mail Address pafdpr@paf.gov.pk
Telephone No Office: 051-9507751 & 051-9261300
Fax No: 051-9260868

Wing Commander Muhammad Ali
Deputy Director Media Affairs
E-mail Address pafdpr@paf.gov.pk
Telephone No Office: 051-9507753
Fax No: 051-9260868

Squadron Leader M Nadeem
Media Affairs Officer, Karachi
E-mail Address mediaaffairkarachi@paf.gov.pk
Telephone No Office: 021-9240340
Fax No: 021-9512119

Squadron Leader Syed Salman Ali
Media Affairs Officer, Lahore
E-mail Address mediaaffairlahore@paf.gov.pk
Telephone No Office: 042-9507961
Fax No: 042-9507963

Director PR (Air)
Air Commodore Tariq Qamer Yazdane
Cell : +92-323-9402095

Deputy Director
Wing Commander Muhammad Ali
Cell : +92-321-5305435

Regards.

Brother, what is our Air Force moto i.e. Sleep well Air Force is awake. Like all tall fake tales of valor and achievements, what you have quoted are just simple examples of extent of alertness, effectiveness (which is Non-existent now) within our Armed Forces.

They all are in a pathetic state of affairs for many decades.

Thanks

Folks lets not blow everything our of proportion. The Airforce does not have money growing on trees. The same goes with the other two services. Yes they do get a significant part of the budget, but comparatively speaking, even $4B a year spent on the armed forces is a paltry sum with which you can only do so much.

If we have Jackals running around, Americans with much more money have Moose let lose. http://militarybases.com/images/bases/eielson-moose.jpg

The more remote the areas are, or in the path of animal sanctuaries, the more you will see them frequent bases etc.

Lets not get this snowballs effect going. Yes the armed forces have very many gaps and they should be identified, critiqued but in equal measure one should realize what they can realistically address and what they cannot with the funding available.

If things are pathetic here, do you think in India everything is paved out of gold at their air stations/bases? I can assure you they and many others are in the same state of affairs as us.

Back
Top Bottom