What's new

I think i broke my back....Anyone here tried the miracle "puttur kattu" ?

minor fractures can be repaired without proper treatment .... but major fractures require proper management otherwise the repairing mechanism of bone will cause deformity in bone because in bone repairing mechanism lot of other factors involved like stress , physical activity etc .... if you did not apply proper stress or apply stress in wrong direction then repairing will be according to that and it can cause permanent damage

dear @ifb, I assume You are from Tamilnadu?
I've had My Engineering Graduation done in Coimbatore city during end 1990s. There is a Hospital there which is may be famous in TN called as "Telungu Palyam Hospital",near Perur,Coimbatore.. they do ayurveda/proprietary treatments particularly Orthopedics .

There were Tribal Vaidyas in Thondamuthur,Coimbatore Who used to treat broken bone without surgery.

After reading on Puttur Kattu, I recall that Telgu Palya hospital is famous for such treatment only.
In Kerala also, there are people like this, Who supposedly can Heal without surgery. The One Men I remember is Mr.Shaji,Kalloorkkad,Muvattupuzha via,Kochi. :d

Get well soon bro. Young guys shouldnt get too excited and carry heavy weights in the gym anyway. You hurt your muscles or bones?

Only a MRI scan will tell that ....if the puttur kattu guys ask for a MRI scan report i will take it and show it to them.Right now i am just going to go to them and show them ma injury and see what they say.

@ Mr chogy if i was in your position i wouldnt believe it either....these guys have been doing this thing for over five decades...mostly people from tamil nadu,andra,and kerela come to this place as this is very effective and costs no money(even if they charge its only a few dollars :P)...they are doing it as a service only from what i hear....i have seen a lot of people who have fractured bones in the legs and arms get well after going there....millions have benefited from this procedure (virtually everyone here in tamil nadu knows about this puttur kattu).

But i really dont know how good it would be for a damaged back ....i will keep you updated if it has any positive effect on ma back :)

dear @ifb, I assume You are from Tamilnadu?
I've had My Engineering Graduation done in Coimbatore city during end 1990s. There is a Hospital there which is may be famous in TN called as "Telungu Palyam Hospital",near Perur,Coimbatore.. they do ayurveda/proprietary treatments particularly Orthopedics .

Hahaha i know that place they buried my uncle alive upto his neck to cure his fracture and it worked flawlessly .yeah that place too is a good option.thanks.

There were Tribal Vaidyas in Thondamuthur,Coimbatore Who used to treat broken bone without surgery.

Anyone in particular?

After reading on Puttur Kattu, I recall that Telgu Palya hospital is famous for such treatment only.
In Kerala also, there are people like this, Who supposedly can Heal without surgery. The One Men I remember is Mr.Shaji,Kalloorkkad,Muvattupuzha via,Kochi. :d

Yeah kerala too is a treasure trove for these kinda stuff and i love it for that but you gotta know someone who can guide you to the right place :(.

minor fractures can be repaired without proper treatment .... but major fractures require proper management otherwise the repairing mechanism of bone will cause deformity in bone because in bone repairing mechanism lot of other factors involved like stress , physical activity etc .... if you did not apply proper stress or apply stress in wrong direction then repairing will be according to that and it can cause permanent damage

They specialize in major fractures only and they are trained to set the bones right before they apply the herbs and stuff....but its kinda brutal procedure they dont give you anesthesia or pain killers when they set your bones right.

Here is an article about them on THE HINDU :

http://www.hindu.com/mag/2005/11/13/stories/2005111300370400.htm

"Ayesha (R.A.) stated that when Prophet Mohammad (SAW.) was ill, he used to recite the four Quls, blow on his hands and pass them over on the back and front. He also recited these surahs, blew on his hands and passed them over his body during his fatal illness".

you can say it in english

Thanks brother will do that ...if he hears my prayers i will surely go to the local mosque to thank him .

Hahaha i know that place they buried my uncle alive upto his neck to cure his fracture and it worked flawlessly .yeah that place too is a good option.thanks.

Yeah kerala too is a treasure trove for these kinda stuff and i love it for that but you gotta know someone who can guide you to the right place :(.

Oh I see! Telgu Palyam hospitals is a expensive one?!
--
If You have any contacts in Coimbatore, They may enquire about this Vaidyan in Thondamuthur..He was pretty famous during those times. Thondamuthur is just a small town bordering Western Ghats. Some 20kms west of Coimbatore city. won't be a big thing finding him or other tribal practitioners.
--
In Kerala, I have visited the Guy I quoted in My last Post. He does a good Job. However, it may not be a option for You. 700 plus kilometers right? I have his address in case.
--
and Best of Luck Recovering :)

Oh I see! Telgu Palyam hospitals is a expensive one?!

Its not about the money mate but they bury u alive thats what scares me.....ma uncle said they let him suffer in the hot sun like that lol.sounds like torture :P

If You have any contacts in Coimbatore, They may enquire about this Vaidyan in Thondamuthur..He was pretty famous during those times. Thondamuthur is just a small town bordering Western Ghats. Some 20kms west of Coimbatore city. won't be a big thing finding him or other tribal practitioners.

I was born in ooty only ...yeah its wont be hard for me to fing the guy :)

--
In Kerala, I have visited the Guy I quoted in My last Post. He does a good Job. However, it may not be a option for You. 700 plus kilometers right? I have his address in case.
--
and Best of Luck Recovering :)

Right now i am going to try puttur first but it never hurts to know a good doctor like that right? ....so if you can please PM his details .thank you .

Safriz, I am 100% on board with homeopathic or herbal medicines that you ingest. Valerian gives me a good night's sleep, but rubbing Valerian on the skin won't work. Also, my skepticism goes up when folk or herbals are claimed to do things like fix bones. I think they can and do work with other things, everything from muscle relaxants to depression.

But injury - there's very few medicines that can fix an injury. They can help with symptoms while your own body does the repair work. Keep inflammation down, stuff like that.

Oh ok..Chogy..Got the point..Yes absorbing a medicine through skin is not effective....
Another rather bizarre way of treatment i saw in Karachi..A guy called "Shamsuddin Azimi" who is also a spiritual cleric gives people plain water in different colored bottles...And its just water with no additives..
The theory of his way of treatment is human belief..He says that if people believe that certain medicine will cure them then it will cure them..
He creates peoples belief in the water,and gives water to patients he sees have developed strong belief on what ever he says about the plain water..
Many patients with chronic diseases have been heard of being cured by his plain water.
Although i don't understand how this works,and i have never taken his "Miracle water"..But the only scientific explanation would be that our body itself is a drug factory and can manufacture complex proteins and chemicals..many of which cannot be artificially created..But the body needs a stimulus to start the drug manufacturing....The "Belief" may be working as that stimulus which makes human body to create antidotes for the disease in question...Just a theory..
I have seen churches arranging "Healing Prayers"...My school in Pakistan was made by Victorian Brits and there was a 100 year old church there,and local Christians used to come there for their religious practices..On certain occasions i saw padre holding what they called healing congregations.

To OP....if you believe the the herb you mention here will have healing effects on you...then it will work on you...

try arya vaidyashala kotakal brah.I have heard a lot about it.

yeah that place too is very well known...but ma grandpa suffered some reactions after taking medication from that place.very expensive too :P.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

To OP....if you believe the the herb you mention here will have healing effects on you...then it will work on you...

Yeah hope your words come true.All i want is to be normal with no back pain :).

I m skeptical about herbal and this putttur kattu remedies .. I wonder if you would visit some other orthopedics surgeon who would take some scans and probably prescribe you physiotherapy..this seems to be the safest bet....Get well soon mate and take care:cheers:

First thing first get your MRI done,,, then decide if its jst a muscle tear
proper rest,physiotherapy(IFT)will work.or u cn try Kerala massage..
but if involves spine dn't take any risk consult ur doc. ASAP most probably an orthopedician and a neurologist..

btw get well soon

I would go to any alternative medicine only if doctor says he cant do anything, and I have loads of money to spare.
Homeopathy is a lie, my neighbourhood mithaiwala can cure more people with his laddus.
About herbal/ayurvedic stuff, be very careful, use it only as your last resort. It may not have side effect, it may not have even main effect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom