What's new

I am mentally and physically a son of India: Dalai Lama

we used to be part of each other

Tibetan DNA study reveals human evolution
HUMAN EVOLUTION
July 02, 2010|By the CNN Wire Staff

Ethnic Tibetans' ability to thrive in high altitudes with low oxygen is the fastest genetic change ever observed in humans, according to a study published Friday in the journal Science.

Researchers at the University of California-Berkeley said their comparison of the genomes of ethnic Tibetan and Han Chinese could help scientists understand how the body deals with decreased oxygen and diseases associated with oxygen deprivation in the womb, according to a news release on the university's website.

The evolutionary biologists say the results of their study, which compares the genomes of 50 Tibetans and 40 Han Chinese, shows that Tibetans rapidly developed a unique ability to survive in altitudes above 13,000 feet, where oxygen levels are about 40 percent lower than at sea level.

The study said that Tibetans evolved to adapt to high altitudes after splitting off from the Han about 2,750 years ago.

The study identified more than 30 genes with DNA mutations that have become more prevalent in Tibetans than Han Chinese, nearly half of which are related to how the body uses oxygen.

"For such a very strong change, a lot of people would have had to die simply due to the fact that they had the wrong version of a gene," said Rasmus Nielsen, a professor of integrative biology at Berkeley who led the statistical analysis.

I don't think you really know about this side much mate. You're comparing oranges to cabbages by comparing Latin example with Tibet. I am from a state which borders Tibet and has been so for hundreds of thousands of years. We have a lot of them here. Your Western classifications taught are TOTALLY wrong about East.

Apparently the study of linguistics is wrong, please enlighten the world with your knowledge and publish a paper.

Dear Lyrical Mockery and Tshering22,

Don't even bother to reply to people who have been brainwashed and are thoroughly biased

I have been told that all Mongoloid people are Chinese..

Even picture of India's brilliantg footvballer and past captain Baichung did not suffice !!

They think Buddhism is confined to Nepal and forgotten Mahaboddhi, Sarnath and various Buddhist religious places in India.. They do not understand the concept of Mt Kailash,

They might even claim Bhutan as Chinese someday

As a Bengali I won;t even bother to explain who Aatish Dipankar was and what he did for Tibetian Buddhism or how Hindusim , Buddhish, Jainism or the cultural aspects are inter-related

They are biased to things which are only taught to them...

And their foundation is hatred !!!

First time i find out couple of Chinese royal members who don't hate India from the core and i am so happy. And please all sane chinese members India won't allow any anti -China activity which could take innocent Chinese lives. Dalai Lama is very peaceful and noble man. There could be difference of opinion on that but nobody can give example about any terrorist activity from Indian soil againest Chinese people's lives.:cheers:

even we behave like we hate someone to the core but the truth is in real life we dont care about what we talk about here on the internet and may have many personal friends from "cyber hostile "countries.in China we admit that there are a good number of people dislike Korean and Japanese,but almost no people hate India.the reason..very simple,most Chinese people think India is a far way country doesnt have much to do with China,despite the fact that India actually borders China.Chinese population highly concentrate on the east coast and China is a huge country,neighbors to the west are always considered irrelovant in most Chinese people's minds.anywhy,people just came here for fun,if there is no arguement ,there will be no fun and people will not come here anymore.so very often people herer like to intentionally stir up some trouble ,that's also understandable.dont take anything online serious,haha

Let's fight and make stupid comments in this forum against each other but we never failed to western propaganda and will never fight each other in actual battle field. But in this forum you guys are my biggest enemies. :devil::yahoo::cheesy:

Why does bombay still hurt? u stupid troll.
Doesn't American bombing hurt u recently?? u friend of troll
Also OBL raid,frequent raids by Afghans,Raymond davis San Andreas type game inside pakistan,etc etc

Pakistan has got more security lapses than our's lol..

1)A foreign military comes and raids a building just a km away from military area..!!
2)4 terrorists sneak into a Naval Base full of armed military personnels and holds it for 1 days and blows of 2 Air planes lol
3)NATO strikes on citizens at their will
etc etc...By the way 1000's are killed by terrorists in pakistan,that way more than mumbai attacks

ANd if u want to see who started trolling check the 5th post in the Thread

Let's fight and make stupid comments in this forum against each other but we never failed to western propaganda and will never fight each other in actual battle field. But in this forum you guys are my biggest enemies. :devil::yahoo::cheesy:

ditto,deep inside we all know that this place is for the bragging and feeling good competition.in real life we are actually smart people and never behave this stupid,haha

Sure it did.. and it hurt NATO aswell.. see the aftermatch..... You might be a victim of bhopal incident... i take nixons words over it!
lol Bhopal industrial accident :rofl: dont make ur self fool

It was not a bombing by foreign country,where as ur paskitan is being bombed by US,UK,NATO,Afghans, oh forgot Drones,etc etc

And everytime same drama.."pakistan closes NATO supply routes" after few weeks "Supply routs open again" ...

ditto,deep inside we all know that this place is for the bragging and feeling good competition.in real life we are actually smart people and never behave this stupid,haha

For the first and last time i liked your comment. But that's it. China sucks. Chinese don't have freedom of expression. Will see you in the next thread :devil:

And now lets no get offtopic...i replies to that troll raptor....i don't want to take this further

on topic
Dalai lama is a peaceful person and will be respected even the chineese try to demonize him...

I mentioned many times as long as Dalai lama stop his political activities and concentrate on his religious teaching,he will be left alone,but check his personal history you will find that he is never just a religious figure.

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

there are many pure religious figures in the world ,no one like him presiding a so called exile government in the foreign land for this long.

Back
Top Bottom