What's new

Hunting down Shias: Society’s deafening silence

@darkinsky My brother, don't go down the road which these terrorists wants you do. My point is if someone leaves a note on my door step or say leave my version of religion or they will kill me, and they kill my son just because of my belief, I will feel outraged. But I will also feel outrage if a Sunni is targeted because of his belief.

The whole point is what was the stated reason of terrorists for these attacks.

Shias are crying out because in one city, how can a terrorist strike which killed over 100 people, 1000 kg of explosives can come and kill over 80 people. They made Shias target so that when they protest, people can say, why Shias are crying, even Sunnis are killed. The terrorist want you to feel the divide.

@Hyperion This is what I have been saying. People are going as these terrorist wanted. they wanted to create a divide and people are now second guessing.

its infact you who is trying to do what terrorists want you, not me

if BLA attacks and kills some punjabis in balochistan

did any punjabi raised issues of ethnic cleansing in balochistan because of BLA, did they came out in the streets saying that? i dont think so, because a punjabi pakistani is equally responsible for this instibility as a baloch or sindhi or pashtun is

th same standards should be applied here, until and unless you want to see this in your spectrum of sectarian violance

as i said again, shias and sunnis and everybody will have to get united on this terrorism and demand government to provide them security, if a shia, is not safe then sunni is not safe

the majority of them are shias who got killed but we cant ignore that sunnis among them also got killed

if the terrorists wanted to target shias, they would have thought that they are killing sunnis in the process too which they didnt

as i said, and i will say it again, its not about shia sunni, its about insecurity, and insecurity tries to give birth to making panic situation, you my indian friend is trying to use this panic situation to create a divide, and what my role in all this is to resist that

Last edited by a moderator:
@darkinsky Maaf kar de bhai. Galti ho gayi. Carry on .

Last edited by a moderator:
har kisi k apne shaheed hain.. aj shion k namaz e janaza me sunni organizations khari nazar nahi atien... jab sectarian base par marai janai walai sunni ka janaza uthta hai to baqi muktaba e fikr ki awazein bnd hoti hain.. sirf tv par a kar aik insan ka qatal tmam insaniat k qatal ki sadaa buland krne se kuch nahi hoga....

ina lillah hi wa ina ilahi rajioon.. society condems these attacks .. with ''ifs'' and ''*****''

Like I said, terrorist just gave a little push and people are doing the damage themselves. Instead of being united, they say why one is crying louder than me.

I was having this discussion on another thread on this phenomenon in South Asia..
The need to one up the other , the need to cut the other down regardless of what the case is.
Adios is quite right.. that Pakistan is just a country.. not a nation.. nowhere close to it.

The fact that sectarian divide has little to do with who is in power or not.. that it depends on influencing public perception.
And not to derail the thread but to give you an example closer to home.. would it matter even if the Indian president was a Muslim.. if there was another communal riot and more Muslims got killed than anyone else?

The rulers are irrelevant.. Zardari's theological beliefs are hardly relevant in his corrupt practices.. nor were Musharraf's.

The divide is not just limited to Shia/Sunni.. the ridiculousness of Pakistan's sectarianism has reached new heights..
Deobandis wont visit a mosque run by Bareilvis.. Shia's wont go to Sunnis or vice versa..
If you cannot even acquiesce to pray in the same mosque... what possible unity are you expecting to achieve??

1. All Pakistanis are NOT armed.

We are talking about who are the targets of the terrorists.

Answer: all Pakistanis who disagree with them, regardless of whether they are Shia, Sunni, Christian, Hindu, etc.

In other words, this terrorism is threat to Pakistanis, not just Shias.

We must think in terms of gathering support against the terrorists.

If you say to people, "this is a problem for Shias", many people will think "I've got enough problems of my own, let them worry about it".

But if you say, "this is a problem throughout Pakistan and anyone can be attacked", then people are more likely to listen.

For that, the media is at fault here.

Please don't get me started on the Pakistani media. They have failed abysmally in their duty to foster national unity and to hold authorities responsible.

Back
Top Bottom