What's new

How's life in Pakistan?

Just came back after three weeks holidays.

Was surprised to see inflation specifically in food prices. The food prices are almost comparable to here in Canada. But the income is still low.

At the same time, was really surprised that almost everyone has a new car. Local manufactures have hard time coping with the demand.

The problem with the majority of middle class is that their income barely meets the expenses like bills, school fees, medical care and transport. Thats where pinch is felt the most.

At the same time, there are big Wal-Mart style stores that have opened recently. German Metro is there and the local Makro (Habib Group) is also doing very, very well. There are super markets springing up everywhere. It seems like the general people have money to spend or their standards of shopping have changed.

On mains bazaars, you will not find parking anywhere. There are cars parked at kerb and there are cars parked at their back and then are more cars on the side of those cars. So there are three levels of parked cars. And still more people are coming.

You will also see brand new model BMWs and Mercedes on the road. So there is prosperity and as well as some problems.

I was visiting Karachi. The electricity problem is there but of the 3 weeks I was there, there was only 2 or 3 power failures which wasn't bad considering the smaller cities have much bigger problem.

My final conclusion was that Pakistan is a very strong country. If we get an honest leadership, we can reach the pinnacle of economic development. We have the people, the motivation and will to put hard work in. We just need good leadership to show us the right direction.

read it please.
col9.gif

col9a.gif

It's awesome. We haven't had load shedding for an year, only problem is the water but if you wake up at Fajr, there's no problem at all!

Right now very hot. Electricity is a big problem. Almost 12 hours of black outs per day. Every day scores of people die of heat exhaustion. CNG fuel problems recently as well. Essentially if you have a powerful UPS and a powerful backup generator plus Airconditioned car, then you are ok. Otherwise heat takes its toll.

Rest is ok. Security is relative to where you live. Food is generally cheaper than abroad and abundantly available. You can buy almost anything or any service you require almost at international prices or even lower than that. People are nice too. It is only electricity and gas that is taking the toll plus a bit of inflation. The rest is ok.

Recently I was in Karachi for a month and whenever I go to Khi, it always seems like the people are getting richer but also crying about inflation at the same time. I saw a rise in luxury vehicles and housing. Also it seems like malls and luxurious shops are opening every day. Clothes are also getting more expensive but it seems like everyone can afford them. I went there for a wedding and pretty was shocked at the prices of sherwanis and suits. Also the girls are getting prettier ;) I'd say the middle and upper class are rising. But I'm pretty sure the people who live in poverty aren't as happy as the other guys.
Also a part of the city (Lyari) was experiencing an operation and heavy violence but where I was living, I couldn't even feel any problems or violence. Everyone was acting like its all normal and were doing what they do usually. The media makes it seem ten times worse.

Such a pity, what poor when you all say that you are waiting for next elections like, after next election Pakistan will become USA. there's hardly an example in the world where Government has changed their country for good, it's usually people who themselves change it. And that Imi khan.. lol!!!

read it please.
col9.gif

col9a.gif

Most of Assessment in this article are right but according to Martial law,s in Pakistan was the need for country survival. which was essential in the history of Pakistan.. So don't to be judgmental on your own perception...Thinking at several levels than you find the reality...
:pakistan:

You pay most but gain little :rolleyes:

ja gapppuu... 2 hi milti the or ab bhi 2 hi milti hain, the difference is price !

Hahaha badnaseeb loog!!! :lol:

Yar believe me Lahore waisay ka waisa hi hai... even two years ago jab daily blast bhi ho rahe thay tou log waise hi khush thay jese howa kerte hain...

Well said hamay koi farq nahi perta chahay atomic bomb phat jaye.

Hum aglay din bhi university/office mein bethay hon gae. :lol:

funny story:

I was in pakistan about 5 month ago. i was riding a motorcycle in lahore and a police guy pulled me over! I pretended to not know urdu or punjabi and kept talking in english. haahahahhh he was really confused and kept trying to tell me that i have to pay a fine!!!!! but i kept talking in english and he didnt know what i was saying so he finally let me go!!!!!

The average Pakistani is not here to answer your questions, but thanks for asking. I am sure you will find another way to ask them if you really want to know what they are going through.

2 years in Quetta and i learned that the media is nothing but ****!Don't bother believing it!

You remind me of what Einstein said"Life is like riding a bicycle,to keep your balance you have to keep moving on"
Similar is the case in Pakistan.We haven't stopped for anyone or anything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom