What's new

How Hatred of Islam Creates Strange Bedfellows of Christians and Atheists

:) No, the worst is being an apostate, not an atheist. But atheism is heresy as well.
@Jaanbaz - Militant atheism today is there, but we don't see them killing people, sorry to say. I mean, Taslima Nasreen considers aspects Hinduism also to be regressive, but she never calls for the death of anyone. No offense.

To be fair, communists killed a lot of people.

And I suspect, if we didn't kill in the name of god, we would be killing in the name of country, flag and race.

I don't know Islam very well, but my impression is that an Atheist is one of the worst types of heretic, no?
Sorry for my ignorance

The point is not to start theological debate. What's hilarious is that atheists claim to think for themselves yet almost all atheists repeat like parrots the same allegations leveled again religion done by their heroes such as Dawkins. Isn't this the same thing atheists claim that all religious people are brainwashed and parrot what their leaders tell them?

To be fair, communists killed a lot of people.

And I suspect, if we didn't kill in the name of god, we would be killing in the name of country, flag and race.
That's why I said - today :D . In the last century Communists did more crimes than the Nazis.
@Jaanbaz - :mad: Not fair :disagree: You quote me before I can reply :pissed:
See - I am an anti Communist myself and I am not an atheist either. All I say is that today, they don't kill in the name of dogma.

But Carl Sagan is not entire atheist actually. His views would be more closer to being an agnostic. IMO. :unsure:

Wilders aint atheist at all. He is just anti Islam. But his rise is inevitable. It comes from insecurity and there is no secret that many Dutch do feel this. For good or for worse that is a reality.

Oh, but my viewpoint is that of Carl Sagan.

Also I adore Carl Sagan for mentioning the Vedas and the astronomy in one episode.

:) No, the worst is being an apostate, not an atheist. But atheism is heresy as well.
@Jaanbaz - Militant atheism today is there, but we don't see them killing people, sorry to say. I mean, Taslima Nasreen considers aspects Hinduism also to be regressive, but she never calls for the death of anyone. No offense.

Ever heard of Enver Hoxa, Stalin, Mao and many many more?

You mean Geert Wilders and his ilk?

Wilders isn't atheist yet you will see atheists putting their weight behind him.

The point is not to start theological debate. What's hilarious is that atheists claim to think for themselves yet almost all atheists repeat like parrots the same allegations leveled again religion done by their heroes such as Dawkins. Isn't this the same thing atheists claim that all religious people are brainwashed and parrot what their leaders tell them?

The difference is, the Atheists still adhere to living in the 21st century.

Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins isn't out there telling Women to stay home, declaring war or even making books illegal to read.

It is false equivalency.

As I explained, the problem isn't religion itself but rather a rigid, dogmatic thinking to life.

Hope you understand

@Jaanbaz hope I am not being too rude :unsure:

The difference is, the Atheists still adhere to living in the 21st century.

Sam Harris and Richard Dawkins isn't out there telling Women to stay home, declaring war or even making books illegal to read.

It is false equivalency.

As I explained, the problem isn't religion itself but rather a rigid, dogmatic thinking to life.

Hope you understand

@Jaanbaz hope I am not being too rude :unsure:

There is nothing wrong theologically disagreeing with religion in fact i encourage it. Religion cannot and must not be accepted on blind faith. But when you read in media atheists and Christian fanatics seem to repeat each others over and over.

There is nothing wrong theologically disagreeing with religion in fact i encourage it. Religion cannot and must not be accepted on blind faith. But when you read in media atheists and Christian fanatics seem to repeat each others over and over.
Chill - Christians and atheists fight best among between themselves. :devil:

I can kind of explain this. Culturally, a lot of the Atheist sympahty would lie with the Christians as they consider it as part of European civilization.

similar to me. I am an Atheist, but I do stick up for Hindus from time to time. the fact that a lot of the time the Atheists are Hindus, Christians, etc are raised in that religion for a long time before they become an Atheist.

For a lot of Atheists the journey to losing god is solitary, so I think the desire to find others like them is strong. That explains the group think.

The Islamophobia comes from the thougt that Christianity is part of European civilization. Muslims will dilute it and Islamise Europe. At least that's how the debate goes.

Chill - Christians and atheists fight best among between themselves. :devil:

And some of the greatest debates in religious discourse.

Ingersoll vs. Huxley

Mark Twain, Hitchens, Neil De Grasse Tyson.

The Atheist movement has produced some witty characters.

Your avatar is till hilarious XD

I can kind of explain this. Culturally, a lot of the Atheist sympahty would lie with the Christians as they consider it as part of European civilization.
similar to me. I am an Atheist, but I do stick up for Hindus from time to time. the fact that a lot of the time the Atheists are Hindus, Christians, etc are raised in that religion for a long time before they become an Atheist.
For a lot of Atheists the journey to losing god is solitary, so I think the desire to find others like them is strong. That explains the group think.
The Islamophobia comes from the thougt that Christianity is part of European civilization. Muslims will dilute it and Islamise Europe. At least that's how the debate goes.

Terrorists have played their role in increasing hatred against Islam there is no doubt about that. But there is a very strong lobby in Europe that associate everything bad with Islam. They attack Muslims who are just minding their own business. Even Albania is considered a ''shit hole'' because 60% of Albanians happen to Muslims(mostly non practicing).

Your avatar is till hilarious XD

@al-Hasani doesn't like it.:lol:

Terrorists have played their role in increasing hatred against Islam there is no doubt about that. But there is a very strong lobby in Europe that associate everything bad with Islam. They attack Muslims who are just minding their own business. Even Albania is considered a ''shit hole'' because 60% of Albanians happen to Muslims(mostly non practicing).

Though I agree there is such a lobby, but this particular example is not a very good one. Albania has a very good reputation in Europe and a bad one in the Muslim world. :what: In fact I think Albania would be the one safe country in the entire Western Balkans. :angel:

I don't give a crap. Why should I? Camels are not native to the Arab world and are used across the entire world including Pakistan. More wild camels live in Australia than anywhere else outside of the Horn of Africa. Besides they were the most prestigious and expensive way of transportation on land (with an animal) outside of horses such as the Arabian Horses etc. and they helped establish some of the most ancient civilization in the ME and some of the biggest empires the world has ever seen.

Camels are great animals.

Last edited:
I don't give a crap. Why should I? Camels are not native to the Arab world and are used across the entire world. More wild camels live in Australia than anywhere else outside of Horn of Africa. Besides they were the most prestigious and expensive way of transportation on land (with an animal) outside of horses such as the Arabian Horses etc. and they helped establish some of the most ancient civilization in the ME and some of the biggest empires the world has ever seen.

Camels are great animals.

There are camels in Karachi too where i was born. Camels are found in large numbers in Sindh and Baluchistan.

Though I agree there is such a lobby, but this particular example is not a very good one. Albania has a very good reputation in Europe and a bad one in the Muslim world. :what: In fact I think Albania would be the one safe country in the entire Western Balkans. :angel:

Albania is one of the poorest nation in Europe with rampant corruption and a known mafia.

Back
Top Bottom