What's new

Hindustan Ambassador, the world's best taxi

i think thats just for the auto expo..or perhaps dc provides custom made on order..no idea buddy

yep but at last new model looks better than this
url

question was about Ambassador Cars that u have better options but still stick to obsolete vehicles.

i know that.
its a private company.. people buy it for their own reason, btw its not obsolete, apart from looks. It costs more than many entry level cars. (chevrolet spark, nissan micra, wagon R, i10, ford figo).

its a private company.. people buy it for their own reason, btw its not obsolete, apart from looks. It costs more than many entry level cars. (chevrolet spark, nissan micra, wagon R, i10, ford figo).

I dont know how u work in yr country but here it would have been part of taliban's scrap metal tins.

I dont know how u work in yr country but here it would have been part of taliban's scrap metal tins.

good you mentioned that, because this is very good for bullet proofing, govt buys these vehicle in bulk because they all look same and act as decoy in VIP movement.
Ask your govt to buy these, lol. Terrorists will go crazy if they see 12 of these in a cavalcade :chilli:

And they are sturdy, if one of these rams into a modern car, you know who will have the last laugh.

Its mainly used as taxis. Reason being that its built like a tank, perfect for Indian traffic conditions, not very complicated electricals/mechanical, cheap spare parts and lot of mechanics who know how to fix these ambys. Its not forced down anyones throat, people buy it cause it makes business sense.

The ambassador is a friggin tank. You cannot dent that son of ...... even if you tried !

India’s virtually indestructible Hindustan Ambassador car has won the crown for the world’s best taxi at the Beaulieu’s World of Top Gear motorsport show.
If that's so, we need to just mount a 120mm gun on the roof and use it as a tank!! :lol:

wtf. Does that junk still runs on indian roads? and who sits in that? looks like a mig21 on the roads

You have no idea! Amby's back seat is fantastic, very spacious & confortable...better than many premium mid-sized car's back seat. But yes, both exterior & interiors are vintage.

WOW it looks too cool ! ! ! what will be its price ? i may buy it :D

Ha ha...we sell you that custom Amby and 10 conspiracy theory threads open in BD section claiming BDforever is RAW agent!! :D

question was about Ambassador Cars that u have better options but still stick to obsolete vehicles.

Personal choice. Amby works well as Taxi because of space, very sturdy body, and cheap & easy maintanance.

WOW it looks too cool ! ! ! what will be its price ? i may buy it :D

Just Work As per plans & make Hasina Win in BD again.........

...............u will not have to pay a single penny!

It will be included into your DA - Dalal Allowance.

The reason the Ambi was used in the past as a govt official car was that it was the only car in india (till 95) whose chassis could support the heavy bullet proof glass and armor plating meant for bullet proofing a car.

Back
Top Bottom