What's new

Hinduism and Talibanism:Did hindus destroyed Buddhist& jain temples?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 6000 yrs old recorded History....there cannot be all good guys....

You can show me one Hindu king Pushpamitra who hated Buddhists.....but I can show you several other Hindu kings who endorsed Buddhism....

Therefore what we need to consider here is that, is the general attitude of the Hindus towards Buddhists hostile??
The answer is NO....because, several Hindu kings and Princes took active role in protecting and spreading Buddhism throughout the world...

Bodhidharma, who spread Buddhism in China, was the son of a Hindu Brahmin king from South India....
Mahinda, the son of Hindu king Ashoka, spread Buddhism in Srilanka....

Today every one liking Buddhists because they are not the real buddhists of Buddha time. It is just a another Hindu cast. Otherwise they wouldnt have survived in India
"I will never die as Hindu" Amdebdkar said once. But today Bajrangadal started uses His posters in their communal pgms. These kind of things will make future generation to think "WHy did ambedkar convert???"

With such fixed ideas, I doubt you will either be able to add anything or take away anything. However, that is a personal opinion and nothing prevents your from saying what you think. The thing is that there is no point in reproducing this frenzy.
are yo saing that nalanda wasnt destroyed by invaders and that they played no part in nailing the coffin on busshism in india?

to be very hones i dont know.
however they may have been the same then, but now it may have taken on different forms due to the time elapsed and more importantly the mental distance created. so its possible in some forms they are similar.
also i did nt know that you had gods from vedas. i only thought that the religous connection between china and india was made thru buddhism. vedic era predates buddhism by several centuries.

Well the Vedas -> Hinduism -> Buddhism, as far as I know? The entire Chinese concept of Gods is the same as the idea of the Devas, nothing at all like the Abrahamic concept of God.

And it will be hard for you to recognize any of them, because their names are now in Chinese.

But you can see them, if you look hard enough, since they are direct transliterations from Sanskrit.

For example: Axiuluo = Asura.

Yan Wang = Yama (as in King Yama).

LOOOOOL
How convenient.

Why not say "90% of houses where minorities live used to be where Hindus lives so lets murder all the minorities" ?

I mean at this rate it's only a matter of time right?
i didnt say that.. yo said it. be careful of what you wish.
second , so dont post picture saying 'see this woman is worshipping ram where mosq once stood' reverse is also tru

Well the Vedas -> Hinduism -> Buddhism, as far as I know? The entire Chinese concept of Gods is the same as the idea of the Devas, nothing at all like the Abrahamic concept of God.

And it will be hard for you to recognize any of them, because their names are now in Chinese.

But you can see them, if you look hard enough, since they are direct transliterations from Sanskrit.

For example: Axiuluo = Asura.

Yan Wang = Yama (as in King Yama).
i see.. thanks thats enlightening. I am now in singapore and i see a lot of chinese temples where there are warrior like statues at the entrance. some people say its ancestor worship .but it could be some form which is derived from devas. I wil do some research when i find time. :)

i see.. thanks thats enlightening. I am now in singapore and i see a lot of chinese temples where there are warrior like statues at the entrance. some people say its ancestor worship .but it could be some form which is derived from devas. I wil do some research when i find time. :)

Don't need to look far. Ask any Chinese person you meet about "Guan Yin" and they will immediately know who it is.

She is probably the most popular deity in China, and in the rest of East Asia too.

Guanyin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Originally from the Vedas, she is actually an avatar of the Vedic deity called Avalokitesvara. Who is apparently one of the avatars of Shiva as well, if I remember correctly from Joe Shearer's post.

Even I am intrigued.

Please refer my earlier Post. I also have discussion with one of the Parsi during my stay in Mumbai and I have read a book by Parsi lady whose both son died in accident and then she learn Talking to spirits and wrote down the concept of Hell/Heaven.

Got the Book name, The laws of the spirit world. It is highly recommended from my side.

It is both actually. There can be both Devas (Chinese word: Shen) and ancestors in the same temple, since we traditionally worship both.

The "warrior" statue you are talking about is probably Guan Yu. (Sounds similar to Guan Yin, but there is no relation).

450px-Hehua8.JPG

In Chinese Buddhism, Guan Yu above is synonymous with the Sanskrit "Sangharama".

Please refer my earlier Post. I also have discussion with one of the Parsi during my stay in Mumbai and I have read a book by Parsi lady whose both son died in accident and then she learn Talking to spirits and wrote down the concept of Hell/Heaven.

Got the Book name, The laws of the spirit world. It is highly recommended from my side.

Nan Umrigar.

Her son Karl was a promising jockey who died during a race.

He speaks to her from the after-life through her hands which write what he says.

Nan Umrigar.

Her son Karl was a promising jockey who died during a race.

He speaks to her from the after-life through her hands which write what he says.

Yep, The same book but there were 2 brothers who talk to their mum and not one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom