What's new

Hindu Mythology cartoons maybe banned in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
When these kids grow up they can watch, talk and walk like hindu gods if they want i have NO Issue.

We are talking cartoons here.. they are not meant to alter any fiath! they are meant to build faith..... target audience is children.

but we dont have to teach hindu teachings to our children.

Very noble thoughts, but weren't you the same people who were posting anti-'Hindoo' and anti-India comments on the Indian serials thread? Your problem back then was that even grown ups are getting influenced by evil Hindoo serials. And now you pretend it is only because the target audience is children.

So is this a case of wanting to control your people, acute Hindu-phobia, or weak faith (as T-Faz put it)?

I have spent my whole childhood at my friend's house who was a Muslim(we were in a same school). His mother told me thousands of stories of all famous Islamic personalities, taught me Urdu and i started learning ayats. Today if i boast then i can say that due to Islamic stories full of fantasy, bravery, righteousness i was more informed Muslim than my friend at times. My Hindu faith was inculcated in me by my family and its as strong as my respect for Islam.
In india we have seen many Islamic serials (On different Muslim characters with Islamic contents and showing Positive Picture of Islam) like Alif laila, Hatim tai, Mulla Nasarudin, Akbar the great, Amir Khusro, Mirza Galib, Bahadur shah Zafar, Sindbad the sailor, The sword of Tipu Sultan etc. I still remember how we as kids started keeping 786 batch in our pockets after coolie movie and doing every adventure by enchanting ''ya Ali'' (i think it was same in rest of the India).
There is no Islamophobia in India like rest of the world is having. But the way things have been changing fast outside and due to terrorist attacks and radical Islamic movement in Kashmir; India is feeling the same heat Inside. Interestingly there is prevalent Hindu Phobia in Pakistan (and its evident with this Particular move by Punjab govt.) though Hindus are law fearing and very peaceful compressible community in Pakistan. Furthermore we have seen many channels openly talking **** about Hindus on national channels in Pakistan. I always wonder if same wording be used by an Indian anchor about Muslims on air the whole India will start burning into flames withing an hour.
it would have been better if you had bothered to read a reply to his flawed questions. he was answered efficaciously that what kind of language can be inappropriate for children & it has nothing to do with any religion or faith.
I am not going to divert the topic to lay down certain facts of islamophobia & pakistanphobia which dwells virtually in the heart of every indian. so please stick to the topic & dont try to convert this into " we indians are so peaceful our media doesnt create war hysteria about Pak's UAV's n Gujarat riots never took place "

Please replace hunuman cartoon with Tom Jerry

You accuse Hinduism and "Hindu" cartoons of encouraging violence, and then recommend Tom & Jerry of all things? That thing was banned in my house the day my cousin started throwing knives and forks at others. Apparently, she got inspired by Jerry and the other characters in the cartoon.

You are lucky, most children in the subcontinent do not have the luxury to question their parents, especially when it comes to religious teachings. (Don't ask me how many times I been slapped for asking questions to my Father when I was a kid)

We are taught to be subservient and not to question the authority as opposed to kids growing up in western culture.

"We" - please don't lump all of together. I often questioned everything - including religious beliefs and was encouraged to do so and I grew up in India.

"We" - please don't lump all of together. I often questioned everything - including religious beliefs and was encouraged to do so and I grew up in India.

I was comparing kids growing up in sub-continent and west.

But if it offends you so much........ I would replace "we" with "I" ... :cheers:

I was comparing kids growing up in sub-continent and west.

But if it offends you so much........ I would replace "we" with "I" ... :cheers:

LOL - no - it doesn't offend me; I am just saying one can't generalize for either side. A Mormon or Jehovah's Witness child growing up in the west might have enjoyed lesser freedoms than many kids growing up in India.

it would have been better if you had bothered to read a reply to his flawed questions. he was answered efficaciously that what kind of language can be inappropriate for children & it has nothing to do with any religion or faith.
I am not going to divert the topic to lay down certain facts of islamophobia & pakistanphobia which dwells virtually in the heart of every indian. so please stick to the topic & dont try to convert this into " we indians are so peaceful our media doesnt create war hysteria about Pak's UAV's n Gujarat riots never took place "

I am not Interested to spoon feed and make round assertions. I am trying to find the diagnosis and want to square the circle.

You are not the judge or moral police here to declare whether he was answered efficaciously or not and what is good for the kids in Pakistan (another Pathology/flaw in the society). I have raised few other questions which are related to the topic in hand.

Riots in Gujarat has nothing to do with this Islamophobia. Muslims in Gujarat haven't yet fled the state and ready to riot again like Hindus will in turns before or after. Riots are street justice of a poor religiously bigoted medieval public (not state), both Hindu and Muslims are backward on the records. Any sane person will see the fault line between Hindus and Muslims of India and the chain reaction. Like we say ''suru kisne kiya''. Most of the Pakistanis who pretend to know the science and taste of a product do undermine the trigger of chain reaction; responsible for that product.

If i have to reexplain my previous post then i will say that decision of Govt. of Pakistan is nothing but to appease masses demanding such broadcasts to be ended. Govt of Punjab represent masses and there is nothing atypical about it. Most of the the Indian programs are not aired in Pakistan and only a very small percentage is shown by cable operators.

As far a India is concerned the Pakistani channels are banned not because of religious contents but Pakistani state Propaganda and abrupt frequent anti Hindu comments by your channels. Before i can post many you tube links i can bet with you that all Indian channels are more sensitive as compare to Pakistani channels for religious sentiments (not comparing state propaganda). India is secular nation and you are a Islamic nation so there a big mammoth difference. India can absorb Islamic content into its society by manifolds but Pakistan can not adsorb Hindu content of insignificant amount. Why such insecurity? when Hindu religion itself is not a missionary religion and do not increase disciples by conversions.

There was a time when Pakistan was a moderate nation and Indian (north) with sheer curiosity were interested in whats happening in Pakistani Fashion trends, Dramas, Entertainment, Magazines, agriculture and Economy etc. I have seen Indian women purchasing smuggled magazines to see latest Pakistani fashion for double the price. There were times when whole locality would have come to an halt to see Umar sharif's Dramas on cable but now every single Pakistani drama is full of unrated obscenity and dirty Hindu jokes (spare Amanat Chan and Sohail Ahmed dramas).

Pakistani Posters here may sound liberal and sane but the sample is very small and helpless since the powerful state has more resource to
reflect the reality of hinduphobia.

Regards.

I don't have to remind members here that we strictly don't allow discussions of theological components of religion. The discussion over here should be kept purely at a socio-political level discussing the impact on Pakistan of this ban.

Personally I think religious cartoons, especially those intended to proselytize any faith, should be kept out of national TV.

Them being sold separately on DVD, should be of no problem.

This method would allow parents an easier ability to provide the type of religious indoctrination they want to do over their children.

Personally I think religious cartoons, especially those intended to proselytize any faith, should be kept out of national TV.

This method would allow parents an easier ability to provide the type of religious indoctrination they want to do over their children.

Shouldn't we leave this to the market and restrict the state's fascism in indulging in such matters and deciding for the people?

Shouldn't we leave this to the market and restrict the state's fascism in indulging in such matters and deciding for the people?
Certain things are the state's responsibility. Most parents in Pakistan that I've seen prefer to give their children and cartoon network several hours of alone time there.

So enforcing media to regulate what it show in its programming intended for children - isn't much to ask for. Religious indoctrination is the responsibility and right of the parent and it should be kept limited to being their role.

For programming intended for mature audiences - yes, if we have channels like QTV, we can have channels dedicated to Hinduism as well, but since the issue was of cartoons, I'm strictly speaking for programming intended for children. A secular approach should be followed in these cases.

Last edited:
Post was off topic...Self Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't one be a Hindu and Muslim at the same time?

I don't have to remind members here that we strictly don't allow discussions of theological components of religion. The discussion over here should be kept purely at a socio-political level discussing the impact on Pakistan of this ban.

This precisely falls under discussing theology, which is beyond the scope of this forum. You can find many forums dedicated to religion which can help discuss such topics better.

Fair enough, but how is that relevant to this discussion? Which of these cartoons are you accusing of "proselytizing" or "indoctrination"?

Certain things are the state's responsibility. Most parents in Pakistan that I've seen prefer to give their children and cartoon network several hours of alone time there.

So enforcing media to regulate what it show in its programming intended for children - isn't much to ask for. Religious indoctrination is the responsibility and right of the parent and it should be kept limited to being their role.

For programming intended for mature audiences - yes, if we have channels like QTV, we can have channels dedicated to Hinduism as well, but since the issue was of cartoons, I'm strictly speaking for programming children. A secular approach should be followed.

They aren't banning it b/c they want cartoons not to preach a religious ideology or remain secular.

I'd approve of cartoons being non religious but this is fascism. Hell, I'm in favour of limiting all televised religious indoctrination of children but that is my own decision to make, in my own house; not the state's right. Lazy, useless and irresponsible parents does not mean state has right to censor media as it sees fit, especially on theocratic grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom