What's new

Hillary Clinton: "Pak has no basis to hold Dr Afridi"

The torture will be behind the scenes & discreet. And it's not like the US hasn't been doing what you've said in your post. I don't see it making any difference. The US can keep harping on about this, but this is out of their jurisdiction.
The antebellum South used to say the same thing about whipping slaves and abolitionists. They closed their minds and in doing so helped destroy their sons and their country.

The torture will be behind the scenes & discreet. And it's not like the US hasn't been doing what you've said in your post. I don't see it making any difference. The US can keep harping on about this, but this is out of their jurisdiction.

I wasn't hinting at keeping any torture discrete.Pakistan still,for what it's worth,is a partner of the United States.While the two might not currently be on talking terms owing to differences in their approach,the ramifications wrt handling of Dr. Afridi just might tip over what already is a rocking boat.I guess Pakistan needs to make up it's mind on the future of their ties with Washington and whether or not they see themselves as a part of it.A backlash would be inevitable.As they say; Josh me hosh nahi gawana chahiye.

I wasn't hinting at keeping any torture discrete.Pakistan still,for what it's worth,is a partner of the United States.While the two might not currently be on talking terms owing to differences in their approach,the ramifications wrt handling of Dr. Afridi just might tip over what already is a rocking boat.I guess Pakistan needs to make up it's mind on the future of their ties with Washington and whether or not they see themselves as a part of it.A backlash would be inevitable.As they say; Josh me hosh nahi gawana chahiye.

Pakistan held, as Mr Obama said a "top US diplomat", for 2 months, after Mr Obama had ordered him to be released unconditionally without trial. A similar situation with the Haqqani memogate (although Haqqani was a Pakistani citizen). I don't think this incident will make any difference.

Pakistan held, as Mr Obama said a "top US diplomat", for 2 months, after Mr Obama had ordered him to be released unconditionally without trial. A similar situation with the Haqqani memogate (although Haqqani was a Pakistani citizen). I don't think this incident will make any difference.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.A fallout can be expected primarily due to public perception.While the average American wouldn't have a clue on Al Qaeda leaders but it's safe to assume that Bin Laden doesn't require any introduction for their collective psyche.Why do you think top dogs like Hillary Clinton are personally getting involved for the sake of an informer? Public perceptions plays a large role in moulding political tilts in Washington,something recognized by echelons within Pakistan too as we saw with the print ads in WSJ.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.A fallout can be expected primarily due to public perception.While the average American wouldn't have a clue on Al Qaeda leaders but it's safe to assume that Bin Laden doesn't require any introduction for their collective psyche.Why do you think top dogs like Hillary Clinton are personally getting involved for the sake of an informer? Public perceptions plays a large role in moulding political tilts in Washington,something recognized by echelons within Pakistan too as we saw with the print ads in WSJ.

The intel on OBL, & all the events leading to May 2 took place before the Raymond Davis incident. Completely unrelated incidents. You are baselessly speculating that both incidents were connected, & that if the Raymond Davis incident didn't happen, the May 2 incident would pan out differently.

Publicly, Yes it has not & probably will not happen .

However many have been punished in the ways that you cannot even imagine & many will be punished in the future as well .

Mostly low ranking officers, non commissioned and many civilians but big fishes have always escaped unharmed in exchange for deals, this is how things work in Pakistan rest of it I wouldn't want to disclose on a public forum.

average American are busy with upcoming elections and their own issues......even here in DC, i never hear anyone talking about some third-rate doctor who betrayed his motherland (and is now suffering immensely because of it)

as for rest of your post -- well, perception-management is an art. The Americans have the luxury of having their mass media outlets (print, tv, net) tow the lines of the incumbent administrations.

we saw that in 2003 pre-iraq invasion..... new york times anyone?

what print ads in wsj

Google it.As suspected,it never falls far from a PDF thread!!!

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strategic-geopolitical-issues/129380-pakistans-ad-wall-street-journal-9-11-a.html

The intel on OBL, & all the events leading to May 2 took place before the Raymond Davis incident. Completely unrelated incidents. You are baselessly speculating that both incidents were connected, & that if the Raymond Davis incident didn't happen, the May 2 incident would pan out differently.

Unsure on how you got the Raymond Davis fiasco from my post.I am not speculating over any incident,just pointing out that the handling of this specific case isn't going to go unnoticed due the public importance placed on the apprehension of OBL(by the Americans that is).Feel free to disagree.

average American are busy with upcoming elections and their own issues......even here in DC, i never hear anyone talking about some third-rate doctor who betrayed his motherland (and is now suffering immensely because of it)

as for rest of your post -- well, perception-management is an art. The Americans have the luxury of having their mass media outlets (print, tv, net) tow the lines of the incumbent administrations.

we saw that in 2003 pre-iraq invasion..... new york times anyone?

Perhaps you are right.but when you are facing the short end of a devastating recession,futile wars leading upto zilch and natural disasters coming home to roost as FEMA looks helpless....As the current administration,a distraction would be well appreciated if you know what I mean!!!

Hillary Clinton is a hilarious clown and doesn't have the basis to fart out such rubbish. But who can blame her, after all she is
part of a gullible American population who can't even pinpoint their own country on the map.

I agree with Madame Hilary. Pakistan has no basis to continue to hold the CIA Collaborator ( Dr. Afridi ).

I call on the Govt. of Pakistan to release Dr. Afridi and the time and place of his release should be well advertised so that Pakistani people can give this man appropriate HONOURS.

We Pakistani people demand that our hero should be released to our custody so we can really show him our appreciation.

Guys, this comment was meant as " Tongue in Cheek ".

The point is for Pakistani Govt to release this traitor so the Pakistani people can hang the B_ _ tard.

i see nothing wrong with the ad; i got a good chuckle from some of the feedback though. But this is too complex for their limited, linear type thinking where everything is solved by artillery and bullets

maybe we should make another ad in WSJ, providing advice to U.S. on counter-insurgency since obviously despite all their money, equipment and infra. they can hardly even tame anything outside of Kabul

(especially nowdays)

i see nothing wrong with the ad; i got a good chuckle from some of the feedback though. But this is too complex for their limited, linear type thinking where everything is solved by artillery and bullets

maybe we should make another ad in WSJ, providing advice to U.S. on counter-insurgency since obviously despite all their money, equipment and infra. they can hardly even tame anything outside of Kabul

(especially nowdays)

Neither did I.It's important to remind strangers(?) about sacrifices being held on their name.Perhaps a bit tacky though.

It did evoke an instant response from US spokesperson entitling Pakistan as an indispensable partner towards their efforts.

Another creative way to raise awareness of the carnage being raised in the name of national security;

New Statesman - Art review: Drone attack

WSJ (new york times too) had full page ads calling for Mujahhedin e Khalq to be de-listed as a terrorist organization

so hmmm gee whiz, politics MIGHT have something to do with it

Back
Top Bottom