What's new

Heavy attrition, suicides bleed paramilitary forces

And by the way, this is not a new phenomenon, this has been happening through out the centuries, as war is something which no one wishes for, nor wants to take part in.

Soldiers going into battle, seeing their comrades die, see /hear loved ones killed, atrocities done by themselves hunt them later on, or having seen atrocities by colleagues and later guilt hunting them etc etc etc are many of the factors involved which later on or during ones time in armed forces make life hell.

And one should not shy away from such issues, rather after identification, methods to control and treat such soldiers should take place, and make sure they lead a peaceful life later on.

And if in India this issue is taking a voice, its good, there is nothing to be ashamed of, it will benefit the armed forces guys in the long run, as if the issue gets importance, people will start taking it seriously and take preventive measures and treat the soldiers who suffer such symptoms.

I would like the same thing to be taken as an issue from our armed forces, as mental health of any soldier is very very important for the right functioning of any army and its image.

Suicde rate in paramiltary and armed forces of India is lower than all NATO countries(US,UK,Turkey,France,Canada etc) & non nato countries like Israel,Russia,Japan,South Korea.

Do see any logical reason to compare these?

16908176.cms

On right hand corner " Reason for Exodus "

As my friend in CRPF, he already told me that how long he is going to stay in Chattigarh and then J&K. so it ll be wrong if we say that " successive posting " If CRPF is there then it's not mean they all have to in operation all time. And they also know how long they ll stay in Chattigarh.

Yeah malariya is problem. in jungle what do you expect. ?

Long working hour ? This is defence , they are trained for this. some time they have to on duty for long time, and some time you are in camp n doing duty for some hour.

Alienation from family.. :) well kisi ko to sacrifice karna hota hai na, nai to kon searve karega country.

Lack of basic healthcare and promotion ? Well this is wrong, or may be my friend is on good post so he gets everything good and he joined 2 year back and he ll get his 1st promotion with in some months, but don't know about solider..

About TOI, well they used to write on TRP, some year back they were accused of printing false news of farmers suicide..

Just think about positive side that government is taking seriously. and Hope they ll take good actions to counter this problem.

And if in India this issue is taking a voice, its good, there is nothing to be ashamed of, it will benefit the armed forces guys in the long run, as if the issue gets importance, people will start taking it seriously and take preventive measures and treat the soldiers who suffer such symptoms.

I would like the same thing to be taken as an issue from our armed forces, as mental health of any soldier is very very important for the right functioning of any army and its image.
Actually suppressing such news doesn't help at all.
For eg both India and US are releasing such data for the last decade.
I hope PA follows their footsteps soon.

Back
Top Bottom