What's new

HDI in India rises by 21%: Kerala leads, Gujarat far behind

Have you seen the news recently ...Malayali nurses are being illtreated in Mumbai & Delhi.

i have been in kerala for 6 years now.. The malyalis have a 100% foothold in nursing sector.. It sometimes surprises me,it seems as if every girl here does a nursing course, and then half of them go abroad and earn for 6-7 years before coming back and getting married! these Indian (as a matter of fact, malyali)nurses are in great demand not only in Gulf, but even in europe and the scandinavian countries!!! even in a small town in Bihar (my home state), i realised in last 6 years, more than half the nurses are malyali!!!

so if they form the majority.. of course, if a nurse gets ill-treated (which is a bad thing anyway), she has to be probably be a malyali!!!!:)

its like saying, every 2 out of 3 guys dying in a bomb blast is a Hindu.. has to be, Hindus form more than 2/3rds of the population!!! and so they are compelled to participate equally in the act of dying in a blast!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Just don't elect the likes of Lalu in between. It will be not only a favor to Bihar but India as a whole.

even I hope so... the problem was Lalu's MY-equation (muslim-yadav), which was a guaranteed winning combination.... I do what I can... my family votes for Nitish.... and hopefully some sense has returned to the Biharis after a 1000 years of being blind and stupid.....

even I hope so... the problem was Lalu's MY-equation (muslim-yadav), which was a guaranteed winning combination.... I do what I can... my family votes for Nitish.... and hopefully some sense has returned to the Biharis after a 1000 years of being blind and stupid.....

Good keep it up...but Indian electorate can be sometimes as blind as a bat.

Read the article man, bombarded with facts...

That was 2005.......its 2011 dear
Google you will find wealth found in one Kerala temple........

And don't forget the Thorium Reserves....good enough to meet the energy demand of Country for 2500 years

Kerala is spice basket, rubber basket but food basket...I don't think so. We are a nett consumer state. We mainly depend on AP for rice, TN for vegetables ,egg and meat and Karnataka for milk.

Harpoon
Kerala was once called the Rice basket of south..........
But Agriculture is not that attractive due to less margin & Politics

Good keep it up...but Indian electorate can be sometimes as blind as a bat.

i know and thats what scares me.. i don't want to see my state falling down the cliff of anarchy and lawlessness once again.... Lets hope and pray that it never happens....

i know and thats what scares me.. i don't want to see my state falling down the cliff of anarchy and lawlessness once again.... Lets hope and pray that it never happens....

I see Indian netizens here very much concerned about 2g scam...but go outside there are not many people who understands what 2g is and hence the fuzz about it.

How is Karnataka's HDI compared to Kerala??

My guess... Kerala should be above karnataka... But then, kerala is too small in comparison to Namma karnataka!!!:angel:

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

I see Indian netizens here very much concerned about 2g scam...but go outside there are not many people who understands what 2g is and hence the fuzz about it.

only if all of us make an endeavour to teach everyone else about the nuances of 2G, CWG, benefits of Lokpal etc etc.... atleast I do so... am a Gyani baba in my household!!!:angel:

Harpoon
Kerala was once called the Rice basket of south..........
But Agriculture is not that attractive due to less margin & Politics

We lost a lot of agricultural fields to TN when Kerala State was formed. If I am correct we lost Kanyakumari Dist and in turn got Malabar region.

Any Sources?

I have Many Mallu Friends. Infact I grew among many Mallus. They are never Mistreated at least in Mumbai. :tup:

I'm a Mallu and I was born & brought up in Mumbai....never ever felt discriminated, forget being mistreated whether in school, college, work...in Mumbai you automatically become a Mumbaiite....

I read an article recently which cast doubts on UN's standards of weight and height. It talked about how UN's measurements of height and weight which it uses for evaluating infant health and nutrition might be flawed as they do not adequately take into account genetic/ethnic variation for different groups. We might need a re-think or develop our own standards.

its weight to height ratio and not what should be a good height and weight as seperate data points

I dont believe all these fake statistics coming out of india where Govt. says Rs 32 is enough for a day just to show improved poverty statistics.

Dude you can get a meal for 5 rupees for parotta and buffalo curry, unlimited if you pay 10 rupees.

Back
Top Bottom