What's new

HAPPY 65th REPUBLIC DAY!!

Could the camera work on this have been done any sloppier?!!! They even managed to miss the MKI's Vertical Charlie manoeuvre at the end instead filming the CROWD!

Yes. Here is the news related to it, Japan, the only country to have suffered an atom bomb, is extremely sensitive to display of nuclear weapons.

Agni-V, India’s intercontinental ballistic missile with a nuclear warhead, will not be part of the Republic Day celebrations on Sunday which will have the Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe as chief guest.

Japan, the only country to have suffered an atom bomb, is extremely sensitive to display of nuclear weapons. With India negotiating a civilian nuclear cooperation agreement with Japan, it would have touched a raw nerve among the Japanese people and the political class. Abe is keen to conclude the deal with India, despite stiff resistance from anti-nuclear lobbies in Japan.

While government sources said that the Japanese side did not raise the issue through diplomatic channels, Defence Ministry confirmed that Agni-V was not being displayed. The Defence ministry’s reasoning was that it has been displayed last year and they are not going to repeat it. This time they are displaying Arihant nuclear submarine at the parade.

The fact that this issue was bothering the Japanese was reflected in the media briefing when a prominent Japanese journalist based in New Delhi asked MEA officials whether display of weapons, including Agni-V and other nuclear-capable weapons, would not arouse “some kind of bad feelings” in Abe’s presence.

To this, Joint Secretary (East Asia), Gautam Bambawale said, “Let me put it this way that the Republic Day Parade of India is a military-cum-civilian parade. So, it is not purely a military parade, it is also a civilian parade, it also shows off the social and cultural aspects of India.”
Smart call. Good to see that some people in positions of power have such foresight.

No Agni, Shaurya, Prahaar or Prithvi missile in parade?
See post 13.

Could the camera work on this have been done any sloppier?!!! They even managed to miss the MKI's Vertical Charlie manoeuvre at the end instead filming the CROWD!

Smart call. Good to see that some people in positions of power have such foresight.

See post 13.

Exactly, in the beginning they were bragging about their camera angles, cranes and what not, but in the end it looked the same as every year.

During the procession of the nuclear weapons, Shinzo Abe seems to have averted his gaze.

Happy Republic Day to all Indians on this forum.

Arjun Mk II is the eye catcher in this year's parade.

VIJY9268-783822.JPG

Deadly Arjun Mk2 tank...........

:-)"Where the Mind is Without Fear and the head is held high..
into that heaven of Freedom,my Father, Let my Country awake.."

May peace and prosperity be upon my Country..Happy Republic Day........to all my indian friends....this is my first post..:-):-)

:-)"Where the Mind is Without Fear and the head is held high..
into that heaven of Freedom,my Father, Let my Country awake.."

May peace and prosperity be upon my Country..Happy Republic Day........to all my indian friends....this is my first post..:-):-)

And what a first post.
Welcome friend. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom